Huttball- Using the Force Pull to instantly kill

Enexemander

You are wrong! If they take this away then they should take away Jedi/Warrior leaping ability as well. Now I've never done this and I dont plan on it but it seems like fair play to me. Just as it is knocking someone off a ledge or in a fire/poison pit.

OMG PLEASE tell me you're trolling, cos otherwise you must be illiterate.

For the last time, the OP is not talking about using the fire/acid pits and knocking/pulling people in. THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THOSE PITS.

He is talking about standing on the spawn ledge and pulling the ball carrier up, which causes them to die and lose the ball.

Seriously, this is a totally lame mechanic. They should definitely at least amend it so that it causes the carrier to score.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After coming back to this thread and rereading the added comments, I realized one thing.

Sucks to be you, LOL

:rolleyes:

sucks to be anyone in that position. I mean if you were doing all the hard work to get the ball over the line only to get pulled into insta death with no score every time, youd be a little bit peaved right?

sure you would.

hell you dont even get objective points for carrying and scoring. I can play my mercenary and Not even touch the ball and blitz everyone in objective points.

Edited by Kalliadies

While I've never had it happen to me there is a video here of it here happening:

Pulled into spawn point - No score

Look at the video when it reaches the 1:27 counter.

In short, the gold team is about to score and they have already scored one goal. But right before they get their second point someone from the purple team "pulls" the ball carrier up to the spawn point killing them. As you can see from the video they didn't score when it happened.

Doesn't seem to be working as intended if only grapple\pulling classes can do it to me, but hey I rarely survive long enough to get the ball in this zone :D

Oh and too the player who said "If you see someone there avoid him" watch at the 1:27 point. The guy with the ball is no where near the guy with the grapple, but because he's running so slowly he has plenty of time to get into position, where as the ball carrier does not.

The best the guy/gal with the ball can hope to do is get to the line "before" the one with the grapple catches him.

Edited by Risq

Someone wrote a ticket on this and got a response, from a GM, saying that "Pulling the carrier into the spawn area for an instant kill is a completely legal Huttball move."

Also, as many people have mentioned before on this topic, Baron tells you cheating is encouraged anyway. Though I guess by that logic speed hacking would be legal :p

Someone wrote a ticket on this and got a response, from a GM, saying that "Pulling the carrier into the spawn area for an instant kill is a completely legal Huttball move."

Also, as many people have mentioned before on this topic, Baron tells you cheating is encouraged anyway. Though I guess by that logic speed hacking would be legal :p

Really? That's legal? Wow :eek:

I just hope they say it on the page so that we have Dev proof :eek:

There has been a thread while ago where a gm said that is not an exploit or anything!

Noone is cheating ,is a normal use of an ability just like sprint /immunity through pits ,friendly pull,or leap!

Many people will even suicide as soon ebc will get to the ramp so they can pull him if he ever manage to pass!

On a side note,it seems that only the area directly infront the spawn(there are lights on it)would kill the efc since i pulled a guy at one of the sides and he didnt got killed and scored as well!this happened only once tho and could be just some ordinary wz lag where a players position is slightly different of what you see!

Edited by tsupra