Great Job Bioware on Kaon Under Siege FP

One heck of a terrific zone guys, very well done. Finished it on Hardmode this evening, the optional boss is a pain but allot of fun. They did a great job with the 'spooky' lighting and the trash mobs certainly kept us on our toes.

Can't wait for the next one.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One heck of a terrific zone guys, very well done. Finished it on Hardmode this evening, the optional boss is a pain but allot of fun. They did a great job with the 'spooky' lighting and the trash mobs certainly kept us on our toes.

I loved the FP, but at the end the breadcrumb to the This flashpoint comming soon!...i laughed out loud.

Not really counts as an almost, though... Right?

I mean an instanced filled with rakghouls is a little bit much.. I couldn't stand the things in Taris. =/

Murlocs are the comic relief of WoW

Rakghouls are the result of a serious virus which spreads quickly and can destroy entire societies

Pretty cool stuff from KotOR

The only reason I typed "not really" instead of "nope" is because I needed 5+ chars :cool:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rakghoul

Edited by CupieFoxtail

yeah it's really funny, the last boss is just too easy but the bonus boss is a pain in the ***

I made this istance 2 times, in HM. First time went smooth because we missed the bonus boss (lol), second time we did him and we couldn't defeat him. Anyone has a good strategy? I found a video on yotube, were they cc'ed the 3 robots when they came, but we usually die for the massive damage at the whole party

Anyone really good job, when guildmates asked me how it was after my first run I just told you "Star wars inside Left 4 Dead" :D

I'll add in my voice as well.

As soon as it came out we did a guild run straight into HM (because how does normal, c'mon!) and have we say we all utterly enjoyed it.

The story is good, the lighting is well done, the bosses are somewhat fun. My favourite is the first one where I get to be on the turret. Absolutely love it.

The bonus boss is a pain, but seeing as how killing him grants you an extra head token, I imagine it should be.

All in all, we highly enjoyed this FP and expect to see more great ones like this in the future.

Our only collectively complaint is that they should have made it pitch black except for where what the flashlight illuminated. That would have been very fun. ;)

yeah it's really funny, the last boss is just too easy but the bonus boss is a pain in the ***

I made this istance 2 times, in HM. First time went smooth because we missed the bonus boss (lol), second time we did him and we couldn't defeat him. Anyone has a good strategy? I found a video on yotube, were they cc'ed the 3 robots when they came, but we usually die for the massive damage at the whole party

Anyone really good job, when guildmates asked me how it was after my first run I just told you "Star wars inside Left 4 Dead" :D

Pull the boss to the back left clearing, gives you more breathing room to get CC on the probe droids. Don't CC all 3, 2 and kill them one at a time. Your healer should be saving their cooldowns for the add phases and your tank should be picking the loose droid up. (The boss doesn't take damage, and shoots rockets randomly and therefore does not need to be tanked.)

yeah we cc ed 2 of them and shocked one at a time, I'm the healer and I had problems with the rockets, cannot heal everybody and we usually died after we kill all 3 the robots. I think the problem was that they were killing the robots too slowly, since the problem was that after we killed all of them we usually was at low health because of the rockets.

Gonna try again today and see if we can do him, thanks for the tips anyway!

Edited by Kaehell

agreed, just finished it on hard for the first time and loved it.

very nice atmosphere and the boss encounters are fun aswell, last one is a bit on the easy side but still

Yeah good job BW on this. Didn't think I could hate rakghouls any more then I use to before I ran this. Between the screamers, mercs, and boomers, it was extremely challenging and requires a lot more teamwork and coordination than other flashpoints I've ran. And the ambiance was really good with the combination of growling and screams, really set the atmosphere.

Yeah, it was nice. A do hope the flashpoints become more involved though, as these are still basically in line with a normal standard grinding quest in DDO, nothing special really, but it was fun anyhow.

Only bad mark is the bonus boss is a bit <censored> you to some party compositions. With only 4 people in a party, its very possible to end up with a melee centric, low in-combat CC party that will have a hell of a time with it, while the usual "range all the things!" parties will do just fine, as they do in every other flashpoints. Could have worked that out a bit better.

I agree, for once, they made an enjoyable Flashpoint that requires you to work for the rewards :)

yeah we cc ed 2 of them and shocked one at a time, I'm the healer and I had problems with the rockets, cannot heal everybody and we usually died after we kill all 3 the robots. I think the problem was that they were killing the robots too slowly, since the problem was that after we killed all of them we usually was at low health because of the rockets.

Gonna try again today and see if we can do him, thanks for the tips anyway!

Rockets have splash, make sure the group spreads. I had more problems with the tank eating probe droid that the rest of the group and rockets. Tell em to pop a medpack after 2 hits if it's that harsh on ya.