Sith Inquisitor Spoilers... In-Game?!

TheDarkPrime

The game sends you a mail specifically telling you that if you do this it will spoil the story of 1-50 for you. I get this on every toon I make. They do have a warning. Sorry you missed it though, that does really suck.

Yes, but still they need to fix it so they don't even need to send that email. Especially since with a new toon, doesn't it get sent at level 1? I don't recall because when I make a new character, I just "Select All" "Get all attachments" "Delete all messages" then go to the cargo hold and deposit my speeders, toys, etc. I get like 14 emails on new characters, I don't even read them anymore.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

Yes, but still they need to fix it so they don't even need to send that email. Especially since with a new toon, doesn't it get sent at level 1? I don't recall because when I make a new character, I just "Select All" "Get all attachments" "Delete all messages" then go to the cargo hold and deposit my speeders, toys, etc. I get like 14 emails on new characters, I don't even read them anymore.

Unfortunatly i like to go to makeb early on alts to speed up leveling, so not sure how to still let u start the main story without it being there.

• 1 month later...
what the hell?? can i abandon the quests and do makeb later?! as 47 healer its frustrating to fight lvl 51 NPCs. can anyone give me advice?

I'm not sure if you can abandon a class story (leaning towards, "No," though), but you can always leave the planet and come back later. this is an MMO- unless theres a timer on the objective in your quest log, you can come back 2 years later and the situation won't have changed.

So I finally got around to finishing out my Sith Inquisitor (Sorceror). I had just hit level 47 and was about to head to Corellia for the next chapter when my ship was hijacked by the game and landed me on Makeb. This is my highest character so I was like oh ok the game must want me to do this first.... WRONG! The Sith guy meets me at the dock and tells me *spoiler alert* about how now that Thanaton is dead & I'm on the Dark Council then blah blah blah. WHAT THE HELL?! This idiot just spoiled the ending that I HAD NOT EVEN DONE YET... at level 47. Please fix this so it doesn't screw me over if I level another class.

Sorry but, by that time you must have known by default that you are going to ascend to the Dark Council and that you are going to kill Thanaton.

I found your problem, if you dont read the message that says that doing something or other will spoil the story... Well..Then...

More to the point, I get about the same amount of messages, and to say that I read them on every Alt, no I don't, but I did first time I got it, and just seeing the title is enough to remind me(if I by some miracle forget that in the first place).

All in all; It makes sense to do Makeb after the class story from a story POV, from a leveling POV you want to do it as early as possible. There's an assumption there by the Devs that the player focused on story will take the time to read a potential story message, an assumption that has been proven wrong.

To say that I would rather get this quest line some other way than clicking something that is used often during the class story, would be an understatement, but also I get the design decision made there, it's not one that I would have made but then I'm not a Dev.

So I finally got around to finishing out my Sith Inquisitor (Sorceror). I had just hit level 47 and was about to head to Corellia for the next chapter when my ship was hijacked by the game and landed me on Makeb. This is my highest character so I was like oh ok the game must want me to do this first.... WRONG! The Sith guy meets me at the dock and tells me *spoiler alert* about how now that Thanaton is dead & I'm on the Dark Council then blah blah blah. WHAT THE HELL?! This idiot just spoiled the ending that I HAD NOT EVEN DONE YET... at level 47. Please fix this so it doesn't screw me over if I level another class.

Well then by now you must know that

your dumb-*** sorcerer released the Dread Masters on Belsavis, starting this whole mess we are currently dealing with. Thanks a lot! :p

At this point in the game, while I understand people dislike spoilers, it's really no longer spoiling anything. It's up there with "Snape kills Dumbledore". If you don't know how your class story ends by now you're a vanishingly small minority.

That said, I do believe Makeb should be perhaps a breadcrumb mission, pick up a mission from somebody on fleet who informs you that you'll be contacted on your ship's holoterminal and THEN you begin the quest by clicking that terminal. I also think that if that holoterminal is triggering the Makeb quest and not any other quest it needs a dialogue prompt with confirm/cancel buttons and a warning that the Makeb questline spoils class AND faction story for those who haven't completed it. That way those who haven't completed the class or faction story arcs can abandon the Makeb mission and pick it up on Fleet again at their leisure.

*warning there may be spoilers in this post*

Just for the record when your ship basically gets high jacked and you end up on makeb you get told thanaton is dead your on the dark council, ok this was always going to happen but what about your new name? the npc not only told me I was on the dark council but my new title too...so I would appreciate people not judging others especially If they have not experienced this for yourself, when you put so much time and effort into something and that happens it sucks a lot.

*warning there may be spoilers in this post*

Just for the record when your ship basically gets high jacked and you end up on makeb you get told thanaton is dead your on the dark council, ok this was always going to happen but what about your new name? the npc not only told me I was on the dark council but my new title too...so I would appreciate people not judging others especially If they have not experienced this for yourself, when you put so much time and effort into something and that happens it sucks a lot.

Agreed I really think you shouldn't be able to do Makeb until you've completed the main class story, I mean why they decided to make it just available at level 47 when it's story based, I've no idea. Guess they figured people would whine and cry that they don't care about the story crap they just want to go grind dailys, but dammit this game was made for the story crowd originally, the "game doesn't begin until max level" crowd is the whole reason the game lost so many subbers at launch, and they continue to **** up the game even now with crap like this.

I found your problem, if you dont read the message that says that doing something or other will spoil the story... Well..Then...

More to the point, I get about the same amount of messages, and to say that I read them on every Alt, no I don't, but I did first time I got it, and just seeing the title is enough to remind me(if I by some miracle forget that in the first place).

All in all; It makes sense to do Makeb after the class story from a story POV, from a leveling POV you want to do it as early as possible. There's an assumption there by the Devs that the player focused on story will take the time to read a potential story message, an assumption that has been proven wrong.

To say that I would rather get this quest line some other way than clicking something that is used often during the class story, would be an understatement, but also I get the design decision made there, it's not one that I would have made but then I'm not a Dev.

Right but again as others have pointed out... go to Makeb at 47 and you are fighting level 50+ stuff, hell it's a bit tough if you just hit 50 and aren't already decently geared with starter level 50 stuff. So, sending people there at 47 is just stupid all around. At the very least make it level 50 to go... if not story AND 50.