Best possible winning result in Voidstar, and only 60 commendations?

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Round 1: We defended our hearts out, and gave up zero doors.

Round 2: We got thru the 1st door, and the game ended. (Yay, this is a great feature). However, we only received 60 commendations (Boo, this is a bad feature).

Speculating, it seems we got less % of comms because we did not "complete" the warzone. This is a problem.

EDIT: I didnt mention it, but i got 16 medals. In this scenario, the problem is not medals. You get "Fast win" medals, a ton of them. The problem is COMMS

Edited by Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Voidstar will always end as soon as you get further than the opposing team's progress.It doesn't sound like you got many medals and it took you almost the entire time to get thru that first door, and thereby didn't get the corresponding Medals for finishing the WZ fast.

From the patch notes, this appears to be the case, since in VS your team score is the number of points (doors and bridge) you get through. Should probably be looked at. Another reason why I hate VS.

However, I haven't noticed this personally. Would love to see a screenshot of how many medals you got and how long the match went.

The amount of Valor, Commendations, and credits awarded at the end of a Warzone is now based on your team's score, with a bonus for the winning team. Experience rewards are still based on the amount of time spent in the Warzone.
Edited by Edryk

Match ends fast, less comms.

If you have a premade and your team is good like ours is we let the other team cap the first door and the bridge and defend from there, just so was can get more comms.

It has not back fired yet.

You're right to do so, but it's pathetic game design that incentivizes this.

You're right to do so, but it's pathetic game design that incentivizes this.

Yes, my original post was to point out a flaw in the design of the rewards.

In Voidstar, the win needs to give the max rewards, or we need to switch it back where we play it all the way through.

Say you defend for 7.5 minutes and cap in 30 seconds for 8 minutes, you get like 60-70 Comms.

A full 15 minutes win gets you basically 100 comms.

So this looks bad except factor in getting 8 medals gets you at least 40 comms, had you got the 7.5 minutes win for 60-70 comms, you can then follow with a 7.5 minute loss for 40 comms for a total of 100-110 comms in 15 minute of time. This ignores queuing time and assumes you're able to get 8 medals in a loss, though it certainly can't be very hard to lose a game in 7.5 minutes. In some maps I can 8 medals in 5 minutes or less and it's pretty triival to lose a game after you get your medals (and if you accidentally win, all the better).

So as long as you can get a reasonable number of medals and there is no shortage of games to get into, you can always follow up a quick win in Voidstar with a quick loss for better total gains than a long win every single time. You might even do better if you actually win the game you were planning on losing.