How to adjust? (sorc healer)

ozgunakalin

After a long time, i logged in today.

Back then, there was daily ilum battles (0.5 fps) and we used to get battlemaster gear by opening bags etc. I reached valor level 76 and quit.after around few months after launch. I have full battlemaster gear.

Now I see that servers have merged, there are new sets (war hero and elite war hero) and 2-3 new warzones.

What should I do to advance my gear? And what are the things I should know?

Thanks

After a long time, i logged in today.

Back then, there was daily ilum battles (0.5 fps) and we used to get battlemaster gear by opening bags etc. I reached valor level 76 and quit.after around few months after launch. I have full battlemaster gear.

Now I see that servers have merged, there are new sets (war hero and elite war hero) and 2-3 new warzones.

What should I do to advance my gear? And what are the things I should know?

Thanks

You have some work cut out. But you're in luck. Bubblestunner is the single most-effective undergeared class you can take into a wz.

First thing you should do is respec bubblestun. Something like this http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201rMrRMdMZfcbMzRr.2

Can put the last point into either innervate or polarity shift (now makes you uninterruptible during the cooldown).

Or, if you don't want to DPS at all, maybe this

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201rMrRrdMzZfcbr0Mb.2

Your new role is to have bubble up on every ally possible at all times.

Basically, when you're not bubbling, ccing, buying space for yourself or healing, you're using lightning strike to build up force regen (instead of having to use consumption) and try to proc chain lightnings (what I do, anyway). And you won't necessarily be healing that much because the whole enemy team's stunned for the whole damned warzone and won't be attacking your allies that much as they get beat on helplessly.

War hero is bought with warzone comms (remember those?). There are no more merc comms in a practical sense or champ/bm bags. There are some dailies you'll need to pick up at the pvp terminal.

While grinding out war hero (which doesn't take that long), you'll need to get something called "tier 6 aug kits." These can be crafted or bought on GTN. They add an augment slot to a piece of gear. You might not want to aug the default gear because the set bonus in war hero and up is tied to armoring (ie you can move the mods to any gear you want and keep the bonus). don't throw away the war hero shell, though.

Once you have an aug kit, you want to get a purple resolve aug 22 (synthweavers make this) and put that in an augged piece of gear. Although...now that I think about it, bubblestunner doesn't really need extra bonus damage. An unconventional, but possibly effective approach might be to use END augs, though I've never tried it.

Once that's done, you'll be about done with war hero gear. If you have enough comms for elite war hero, buy a mainhand or a focus. If not, time to optimize the war hero. Look for mods that are lettered (such and such 26A) or have an overabundance of crit (you shouldn't have more than 210ish total) and change them out for mods that have a lot of power. Same with enhancements. Trade out crit and alacrity for power and surge when necessary.

Ultimately you will want to do the same thing for elite war hero (which will take an assload of time). You can trade warzone comms for ranked warzone comms to make the process faster. But the difference between augged WH and augged EWH isn't that much, especially for a bubble stunner, so don't sweat this last step.

Edited by Larry_Dallas

Bubble stun.

Bubble stun on yourself and everyone on your team for victory.

Alternative to this: Throw your sorc into the bin and respecc your old warri/knight to a smash-chipmunk build. Your job here will be: Smash 4 enemies for 7k dmg each; then smash 3 enemies for 7k dmg each; and finally, go and smash a couple of enemies for 7k dmg each. When you're done with all this, check if there's a couple of enemies left who haven't quit the WZ out of frustration and then smash'em for 7k each.

Edited by Cretinus

Wow, hell of an answer, thanks a lot for all the details.

One question, why shouldnt I augment the war hero set pieces? What should I augment instead then?

Edit: I only have sorcerer :)

you'll have to hand in your warhero pieces to get elite warhero ones, so your augment slot will be wasted if you augment your warhero items. Hence it's less expensive to rip mods from warhero gear and insert into any augmented orange you like. Save warhero gear to hand it in later when you'll be grinding elite wh pieces

If you happen to have any old PvP comms, you should be able to hand them in 1:1 for Warzone comms at the lowbie PvP gear vendor on Fleet. Not sure whether they got automatically exchanged or not for old accounts, but in case you were somehow left with any, that's how to get rid of them.