Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can we please block players that we do not want to go up against?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Can we please block players that we do not want to go up against?

Nightmaregale
05.15.2019 , 03:35 AM | #11
Firstly I don't know how good the usual opposition you fly with is so I can only estimate. But in my experience as long as there are no vet pilots around it is a walk in the park to get these stats. Every vet can attest to that.

Second as for the pilots accusing people of hacks: If you encounter someone in a game that does sth that you can't there are two answers someone can derive at, which depending on the personality of the pilot: a) he is just better than me b) he is hacking.
The second is especially true if the pilot has no idea what happened to him. In GSF that happens easily since the game is fast past and not really self explanatory in most regards. Just as a reference a firend I know is accusted of cheating regularly but I am really shure that he isn't cheating. Additionally a few years back I was flying with a talented newby from my guild against some aces. He was in a fight with said ace and shot down quickly. He immidiately said he was cheating without looking at it in depth.
And just like this we have the accusations. The higher the ego of the loosing pilot the likelier it is in my opinion.

On another note:
IF you have no idea what happend activate the combat log and use red's parser to see what happened to you and if it is possible. Please DO this efore accusing people of cheating.
There are a lot of birds whistling in my head.
Like the Crested Orokeet, the Orokeet, the Orosquab, the Fawn Orobird, the Onyx Orobird, the Jewelled Orobird, the Tropical Orobird. They whistle beautiful songs in a Daydream and when they are hungry the songs become a Nightmare.

Dreildrag
05.15.2019 , 02:12 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightmaregale View Post
IF you have no idea what happend activate the combat log and use red's parser to see what happened to you and if it is possible. Please DO this before accusing people of cheating.
Far from the best parse I ever seen but slightly useful.

Verified someone can missile lock protons in about a second.

Several times I was slug sniped which could explain the 1 hit wonder pilots, they had help and I didn't know.

Need more data

Erurainon
05.15.2019 , 08:16 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Dreildrag View Post
Far from the best parse I ever seen but slightly useful.

Verified someone can missile lock protons in about a second.

Several times I was slug sniped which could explain the 1 hit wonder pilots, they had help and I didn't know.

Need more data
The fastest you can lock a proton is 1.85 seconds

You can do this with an upgraded efficient targeting magazine, 1st upgrade on proton and in range of a sensor beacon.

-Audson

Nightmaregale
05.16.2019 , 01:58 AM | #14
Yeah the parser is not perfect, but it marks when you die, shows what kills you and how many. From this you can at least get enough info to see if it is possible or not and understand what happened to you.
There are a lot of birds whistling in my head.
Like the Crested Orokeet, the Orokeet, the Orosquab, the Fawn Orobird, the Onyx Orobird, the Jewelled Orobird, the Tropical Orobird. They whistle beautiful songs in a Daydream and when they are hungry the songs become a Nightmare.

Krixarcs
05.19.2019 , 07:35 AM | #15
i am practicing the art of Aikido in which u may reach a mental state where u are able to block out anyone u want, while physically u may see a name on the screen, they fail to be relevant to your spirit energy OR you may redirect the opponent's attack momentum via various types of throws and joint locks

Twitch
| YouTube
Premier T2 Gunship Ace
1v1 Scout Dogfighting Champion

iHernyx
05.20.2019 , 10:30 PM | #16
yeah i was trying to get into gsf but i really couldn't. I really enjoyed sf in battlefront 2 and when i heard swtor had a similar game mode i was actually looking forward to it. but im always playing against the same people, same sweaty premades, the difference in score is massive and its not fun, hell, its not fun even when u get these people who are good in your team, you just can't do anything and get carried. these people made me quit gsf, but i gotta admit i didnt see them for a while and when they weren't playing the games were challenging for everyone and fun, even while losing. sadly these people made me quit gsf

Stellarcrusade
06.05.2019 , 02:50 PM | #17
It is not really possible to create even matches. But most people if they are like me would like at least a tiny chance to win most every match. I can really only think of 1 premade that probably has a no challenge 100% win rate under every circumstance. Blocking players is quite drastic, too drastic probably. Perhaps if there was a limit of 3, and it would have to be legacy based. So if you ignore someone, one of your legacies three ignore slots is used, and you are blocking an entire legacy (not a character). But it seems silly to have to create a system to solve a single problem. Would be better if the top 4 players in the game would simply split the queues, but I guess that probably is not realistic. I cannot imagine a 100% win rate without breaking a sweat being fun, but that's just me.

A better solution perhaps would be for match-maker to give us a 20 v 4 in the case where the 4 haven't had a loss in 5 years or something....;-) I'm joking, how about if the 4 have a greater than 75% win rate in their last 20 matches. Because really, even numbered teams probably cannot ever fix that situation. And really, the 4 may still win 90% of the time (in DM), but I'd get my tiny percent chance to win....hehehe. In Sats maybe 6v18. Either way, I bet we can come up with better ideas than a /ignore list.

Gadikat
06.05.2019 , 03:53 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Erurainon View Post
The fastest you can lock a proton is 1.85 seconds

You can do this with an upgraded efficient targeting magazine, 1st upgrade on proton and in range of a sensor beacon.

-Audson
It's actually a lil bit faster.
Base time: 2.7 seconds
-%14 (from base total) for proton upgrade
-%10 (from base total) for Efficient Targeting
-0.25s when in friendly sensor beacon range.
2.7-(2.7*0.14)-(2.7*0.1)-0.25= 1.802s for minimum proton lock-on time.

Gadikat
06.05.2019 , 04:01 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Mord_Sith_Spit View Post
Seriously... I think that is the only way to discourage those that *cough* dominate in unscrupulous ways. I watched a podcast today with a couple of the main guys at SWTOR, and they encouraged questions through the forums, so here is mine.
Thank you in advance!
Imagine you join an 8-man ops group. You don't learn your rotation. You don't communicate with the other raiders. You don't learn the boss fights. You don't learn the routes through the maps. You don't even learn what your class or the other classes do. What are the odds, you think, of wiping before the first boss?

Then! Imagine consistently doing none of those things, and only occasionally attempting, then claim that you should only need to clear the trash mobs in order to clear the op.

^That's what your request sounds like.

DarthCasus
06.05.2019 , 09:25 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Gadikat View Post
Imagine you join an 8-man ops group. You don't learn your rotation. You don't communicate with the other raiders. You don't learn the boss fights. You don't learn the routes through the maps. You don't even learn what your class or the other classes do. What are the odds, you think, of wiping before the first boss?

Then! Imagine consistently doing none of those things, and only occasionally attempting, then claim that you should only need to clear the trash mobs in order to clear the op.

^That's what your request sounds like.
Imagine tacking on a game mode, hear me out, to a game that trains you the basics of gameplay naturally, but not doing the same with a decent tutorial, you following(?), and when you try to get into playing said mode with said lack of experience, you get smashed repeatedly despite following the 'basics' you were shown! When matchmaking can't be dealt with due to a smaller population, these are the sort of complaints you'll see, but I'm sure the GSF community here aren't new to this. This is further exacerbated when aces fly together.

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame them for being good at it and wanting to play together, but it's a clear issue and you'd have to be delusional to arrive at any other conclusion. Joining their groups to be carried every now and then, watching the youtube videos, spending hours of game time flying around aimlessly and reading up on the meta will not pull the dead weight that years of experience leaves on the table and this is made even worse with the lack of a flow of requisition to play around with builds and upgrades that OBJECTIVELY provide better results. Some nights, I even wish it were possible to make certain people disappear from the queues for a little while but I'm realistic about it.

And no, flying against people who demolish you before you understand what happened will not make you better.
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop