Help I dont understand synthweaving

donkeypeter

I am a level 23 and I have synthweaving as by crafting skill. I also have Archaeology and underworld trading. Both underworld trading and Archaeology are somewhere around 140-150 in skill amount. Synthweaving is around a 50 or so ( This is only after making the same damn belt 40 times over) I cannot find any other crystals to make any other types of armor that synthweaving is requiring. I am not finding the crystals that are needed in any of my other two skill sets. I have a bunch of different crystals and artifacts in my lock box but none of them are any use. I have tried to adjust the crew skill mission level buy my companions are not bringing back any of the required crystals that synthweaving is requiring. If someone can explain how to make something different in synthweaving or how I go about getting other compatible materials without going to the global trade store, greatly appreciated.

I am really lost anyone who could provide insight would be appreciated.

If you need anymore clarity please feel free to ask.

Thank you for your time and thanks in advance.

New patterns every 20 levels - so at 60, you should see something new. Then 80, then 100, etc.

Patterns usually take 2-6 power crystals, artifact frags and a mat (which you can buy at a vendor).

All materials rank 1-5 (or 6?) which corresponds to the rewards of the mission levels.

You can get stuck early on rubat crystals for instance - go to the jedi temple for an hour and farm 40 of them, along with fragments, and you're good.

RE greens for blue recipes, if you want to wear the gear, RE the blues for purple recipes.

With Synth, underworld and arc you should have no trouble keeping yourself in nice piece all the way up to 400.

The modable gear is nice, but if you equip the purple at it's min required level it always out gears the modable armor by 4 levels or so - and you will always be able to craft a replacement purple if you keep the skill up to date. RIght up to 50, and past.

Edited by Khremlin

I am a level 23 and I have synthweaving as by crafting skill. I also have Archaeology and underworld trading. Both underworld trading and Archaeology are somewhere around 140-150 in skill amount. Synthweaving is around a 50 or so ( This is only after making the same damn belt 40 times over) I cannot find any other crystals to make any other types of armor that synthweaving is requiring. I am not finding the crystals that are needed in any of my other two skill sets. I have a bunch of different crystals and artifacts in my lock box but none of them are any use. I have tried to adjust the crew skill mission level buy my companions are not bringing back any of the required crystals that synthweaving is requiring. If someone can explain how to make something different in synthweaving or how I go about getting other compatible materials without going to the global trade store, greatly appreciated.

I am really lost anyone who could provide insight would be appreciated.

If you need anymore clarity please feel free to ask.

Thank you for your time and thanks in advance.

Hi donkey,

This may, or may not, help some:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=58094

Essentially, look at what minimum level is for the armor you can craft, AND that has an orange or yellow dot next to it in the crafting window, then use that level of missions bracket in archaeology. Don't worry about underworld trading missions, that material is only needed for crafting blue items, which you really shouldn't bother when when your leveling a crew skill.

The other thing to do is to go to the planets which that post say are appropriate for that level of crew skill (see the second post in that thread from above). You should find archaeological nodes of the right materials on that planet.

Also, if you're just leveling up through a skill, and don't need the gear, remember to reverse engineer the gear after you make it. That will give you some of the mats back.

Hope that helps.

- Obi