game

wilkiealbert

What class are you playing? What level are you? What level is your gear? What gear does your companion have? What defensives do you cycle? Do you use CC's? Self-heals? Interrupts?

Because before anything can happen to the game, it needs to be confirmed that this isn't a L2P issue...

Edited by azudelphi

I'm gonna guess that it's a L2P issue because the only time I've seen anything even remotely like this (assuming you're not skipping quests) is companion missions that you acquire that are above your level and there's really nothing to do but wait until you catch up to do them since they don't gate you from anything.

What class are you playing? What level are you? What level is your gear? What gear does your companion have? What defensives do you cycle? Do you use CC's? Self-heals? Interrupts?

Because before anything can happen to the game, it needs to be confirmed that this isn't a L2P issue...

im at level 25 and I cant take down a level 24 and you cant hit some thing that jumps around like a jackrabbet and that's not right at all

If I recall there was a random spike in quest level on Taris (empire side), but it wasn't as high as 5 levels.

Opening of Chapter 3? Yah... that's when you should have a few levels knocked out between Chapter 2 and 3 with bonus series, flashpoint, warzones, etc under your belt.

im at level 25 and I cant take down a level 24 and you cant hit some thing that jumps around like a jackrabbet and that's not right at all

Okay, here's the problem... of the questions I asked, you really only answered one of them and gave a vague answer to one I should have asked ("What is the name and level of the enemy you are fighting?"). Unfortunately, I still have to assume that you are undergeared or underskilled... I could be wrong, but the fact you didn't take the time to answer my questions (none of which are irrelevant) gives me reason for serious pause.

Please go through the list...

Okay, here's the problem... of the questions I asked, you really only answered one of them and gave a vague answer to one I should have asked ("What is the name and level of the enemy you are fighting?"). Unfortunately, I still have to assume that you are undergeared or underskilled... I could be wrong, but the fact you didn't take the time to answer my questions (none of which are irrelevant) gives me reason for serious pause.

Please go through the list...

I am trying to take out the shadow fist commander on tavus's ship and I a armor rating of 1463 and im at level 25 he is level 24 and I cant hit what is jumping around like jackrabbit that's not right and star trek online was hard but not imposable so some thing needs to be dun but I like the game but come on make it a little more fair to all but I don't what else to try iv dun all I can I think so what am I doing rong

Edited by wilkiealbert

I am trying to take out the shadow fist commander on tavus's ship and I a armor rating of 1463 and im at level 25 he is level 24 and I cant hit what is jumping around like jackrabbit that's not right and star trek online was hard but not imposable so some thing needs to be dun but I like the game but come on make it a little more fair to all but I don't what else to try iv dun all I can I think so what am I doing rong

Ok, using your numbers and my knowledge of Troopers, I have come to the conclusion that you are lacking in two areas, Tactics and Gear.

Tactics:

• Stand next to your companion. That way when he jumps between you and your companion, he's only moving a few meters.
  • You should have Cryo-Grenade available to stun enemies to alleviate movement issues as well.
  • As a Trooper there are two possibilities for your advanced class. 1) You are a Commando with 30m range, where enemy movement isn't as much of a concern. 2) You are a Vanguard with Harpoon (you got that ability at level 22), allowing you to pull the enemy to you to keep melee attacks going.

Gear:

• At 1463 armor rating over 7 slots, you are averaging 209 armor per slot... 209 armor is what you get from ~36 armor rating, which is the rating provided by level 11-13 blue armorings. This means you are pretty far away from the possible 2632 for a level 25 in full prototype blue armorings.
  • Level 25 reflex armorings should provide 376 armor per piece; meaning you have a deficit of about 1200 armor rating, which would bring your damage reduction up from ~20% against a level 24 to a ~30% against a level 24.
  • If you are using lower tier gear, then from armorings alone you may be missing a good chunk of endurance and main stat... not to mention mods / enhancements.

Note: Some numbers aren't 100% accurate, but they should be within +/- 1 armor grade, so... close enough to spot an issue.

You have skills that interrupt channeled casts from enemies. Use them.

If you are having difficulty in a fight, stop leveling and upgrade your gear, and your companion's gear.

All classes have abilities that are area of effect, which will still do damage even if the enemy is jumping around. Use yours.

All classes have different stances that reflect the discipline they are using. Make sure you are in the right stance and have the right offhand weapon. For example, if you are a DPS, you should not be using anything that generates a shield for your offhand. If you are a tank, you should not have a focus.

For that matter, make sure that your gear is matched to your mainstat - if you are a Sentinel or a Warrior, all of your gear should be Strength-based. You should not have any other mainstat on your gear because it will be worse than useless to you.

All of this information is in the in-game help and tooltips. Take a few minutes to actually read all the information presented to you in the game, and then you can ask questions that will be more easily understood. You also might want to take a look at the other sections of the forum, such as the New Player Help section.

Ok, using your numbers and my knowledge of Troopers, I have come to the conclusion that you are lacking in two areas, Tactics and Gear.

Tactics:

• Stand next to your companion. That way when he jumps between you and your companion, he's only moving a few meters.
  • You should have Cryo-Grenade available to stun enemies to alleviate movement issues as well.
  • As a Trooper there are two possibilities for your advanced class. 1) You are a Commando with 30m range, where enemy movement isn't as much of a concern. 2) You are a Vanguard with Harpoon (you got that ability at level 22), allowing you to pull the enemy to you to keep melee attacks going.

Gear:

• At 1463 armor rating over 7 slots, you are averaging 209 armor per slot... 209 armor is what you get from ~36 armor rating, which is the rating provided by level 11-13 blue armorings. This means you are pretty far away from the possible 2632 for a level 25 in full prototype blue armorings.
  • Level 25 reflex armorings should provide 376 armor per piece; meaning you have a deficit of about 1200 armor rating, which would bring your damage reduction up from ~20% against a level 24 to a ~30% against a level 24.
  • If you are using lower tier gear, then from armorings alone you may be missing a good chunk of endurance and main stat... not to mention mods / enhancements.

Note: Some numbers aren't 100% accurate, but they should be within +/- 1 armor grade, so... close enough to spot an issue.

ok so how and where do I get all of this stuff I am a subscriber so where do I get it all at I am new to the game been playing for just a few weeks not long still learning all this

You should be able to pick up some appropriately leveled green gear off the GTN (look for terminals in the green area of fleet) for not too many credits. Also, try to join a guild and ask your guild mates for tips and tricks, mots will be glad to help you out. Better than playing for a few weeks and deciding the whole game should be revamped. :cool: Edited by Feargal

You can buy armor for credits on the GTN.

You can use basic commendations in the Supplies section of the fleet.

You can run flashpoints and use Need on Aim based gear.

You should also talk to a class trainer every level to make sure you are getting all your improved skills and abilities.

Best advice would be to ask on your fleet to join a leveling guild. You will have an in-game channel with them to ask whatever questions may come up. They may even have voice chat to give you the basics as well. Additionally you will get an XP boost.

It looks like a combination of being undergeared and not totally understanding skills.

Though not a perfect comparison, I logged into my Lv25 DPS Mercenary. (comparable to your class)

In Lv25 non-augmented armor my stats are:

Primary damage: 253-336

Secondary damage: 25-47

Bonus damage: 156.7

Accuracy: 91%

crit chance: 17.37%

crit multiplier: 50%

Health: 5613

Armor rating: 2146

damage reduction: 27.01%

defense chance: 5.87%

It looks like a combination of being undergeared and not totally understanding skills.

Though not a perfect comparison, I logged into my Lv25 DPS Mercenary. (comparable to your class)

In Lv25 non-augmented armor my stats are:

Primary damage: 253-336

Secondary damage: 25-47

Bonus damage: 156.7

Accuracy: 91%

crit chance: 17.37%

crit multiplier: 50%

Health: 5613

Armor rating: 2146

damage reduction: 27.01%

defense chance: 5.87%

Looks like my numbers were pretty close; not bad for a bit of estimation and this should provide a good comparison point for the OP.

2) You are a Vanguard with Harpoon (you got that ability at level 22), allowing you to pull the enemy to you to keep melee attacks going.

Yeah and it's still one of the best abilities in the game.

Everyone who tries to sneak past me and then runs to Mako/Elara gets this

Yeah and it's still one of the best abilities in the game.

Everyone who tries to sneak past me and then runs to Mako/Elara gets this

I did the GTN but nothing came up on it don't know y maybe im doing some thing rong I don't know or maybe there is nothing there at all I did it 20 times and 0'

Looks like my numbers were pretty close; not bad for a bit of estimation and this should provide a good comparison point for the OP.

i did every thing you told me to do and I steel cant do it you all where no help so im going back to star trek online and im going to ask for my money back just as sune as I can and go back to a game that's more fair to play

ok so how and where do I get all of this stuff I am a subscriber so where do I get it all at I am new to the game been playing for just a few weeks not long still learning all this

You admit you're new to the game and have only been playing a few weeks and that you're still learning... yet you come here and post how the entire game needs to be re-worked cuz there's no "I WIN" button for you to press?

i did every thing you told me to do and I steel cant do it you all where no help so im going back to star trek online and im going to ask for my money back just as sune as I can and go back to a game that's more fair to play

You have got to be the most selfish, entitled, and GENERATION ME person I've ever witnessed.

This is my first MMO ever, no WoW, no EQ, nothing and when I first started I had ZERO knowledge of how these games work and it was tough at first but I learned by asking questions and *gasp* figuring things out.

You *do* have MMO experience (Star Trek Online, apparently) but since *you* can't win SWTOR in one click and it doesn't do everything *you* want when you snap your fingers you come here and blast it and say how horrible it is and needs to be completely re-done from scratch just so *you* can play it?

JFC, man, seriously. Please, let the door hit your junk on the way out, the harder the better. Unbelievable.

You admit you're new to the game and have only been playing a few weeks and that you're still learning... yet you come here and post how the entire game needs to be re-worked cuz there's no "I WIN" button for you to press?

You have got to be the most selfish, entitled, and GENERATION ME person I've ever witnessed.

This is my first MMO ever, no WoW, no EQ, nothing and when I first started I had ZERO knowledge of how these games work and it was tough at first but I learned by asking questions and *gasp* figuring things out.

You *do* have MMO experience (Star Trek Online, apparently) but since *you* can't win SWTOR in one click and it doesn't do everything *you* want when you snap your fingers you come here and blast it and say how horrible it is and needs to be completely re-done from scratch just so *you* can play it?

JFC, man, seriously. Please, let the door hit your junk on the way out, the harder the better. Unbelievable.

there is no call in putting me down that way I just pointed out the game needs to be more level baste like some other games like sto and yet you come on here and bad moth me I am trying to be nice I did not bad moth any of you on here if I was abele to get what I need but I cant so im just saying so take you apenun and sove it

there is no call in putting me down that way I just pointed out the game needs to be more level baste like some other games like sto and yet you come on here and bad moth me I am trying to be nice I did not bad moth any of you on here if I was abele to get what I need but I cant so im just saying so take you apenun and sove it

Well, their attitude aside, you are incorrect about the game being at fault here. I don't know much about you, and I mean no insult by it, but I am fairly sure the issue here is on your end.

I would recommend attempting some additional research online or asking questions in game. That being said, I still suspect gear and tactics are the problem. This is a learn to play issue.

With that being said, you also opened yourself up to criticism by asking for your money back. That's rather childish, especially since all signs point to the issues I have stated rather than the issue you have stated.

You know, normally I prefer to presume that people are stupid instead of malicious trolls, but PLEASE, no one is that stupid.

In the off-chance that you're not trolling, you may want to consider that every single person who has written in this thread has freely offered detailed, friendly, and reasonable help. You may want to consider that no one else seems to be having problems with this fight (I certainly didn't), or most fights in this game for that matter. I'm going to reiterate the questions asked in literally the second post, and if you want help from these forums, I expect you to answer all of them to the best of your abilities -- because we literally cannot help you otherwise.

1) What is your advanced class, vanguard or commando?

2) Which discipline tree did you select?

3a) Which of your companions are you using?

3b) What is your companion's average gear rating? (Mouse over each of the gear pieces they are wearing to check for the piece's "Item Rating", add them up and divide by 12. Or just tell us what most of them are and which, if any, pieces you are missing.)

4) What is your average gear rating? (Same as above, except divide by 14) Does all of your gear have Aim on it?

5) Is the enemy using any casted or channeled attacks?

6) Which attacks are you using? Are you using your defensive cooldowns (Reactive Shield, mostly) and your Heroic Moment?

You know, normally I prefer to presume that people are stupid instead of malicious trolls, but PLEASE, no one is that stupid.

In the off-chance that you're not trolling, you may want to consider that every single person who has written in this thread has freely offered detailed, friendly, and reasonable help. You may want to consider that no one else seems to be having problems with this fight (I certainly didn't), or most fights in this game for that matter. I'm going to reiterate the questions asked in literally the second post, and if you want help from these forums, I expect you to answer all of them to the best of your abilities -- because we literally cannot help you otherwise.

1) What is your advanced class, vanguard or commando?

2) Which discipline tree did you select?

3a) Which of your companions are you using?

3b) What is your companion's average gear rating? (Mouse over each of the gear pieces they are wearing to check for the piece's "Item Rating", add them up and divide by 12. Or just tell us what most of them are and which, if any, pieces you are missing.)

4) What is your average gear rating? (Same as above, except divide by 14) Does all of your gear have Aim on it?

5) Is the enemy using any casted or channeled attacks?

6) Which attacks are you using? Are you using your defensive cooldowns (Reactive Shield, mostly) and your Heroic Moment?

ya I had a friend look in to this game its what he dos for a living and he design games to and he thinks the game is not right at all and he thenks it needs work he sid that he has the same problem that I have but hes going to look in to it some more but he knows it not at my end and he will find out