Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

just respeced watchman


planet_J's Avatar


planet_J
02.22.2013 , 09:30 AM | #11
Yeah...but combat burst was toned down in 2.0 and watchman burst was brought up. Plus...combat is still a good 200+ dps behind watchman sustained...after some have had a chance to tweak it you may be closer...but you'll be rage/focus starved where watchman really gets better focus/rage management.
Republic Paragons/Paragons of the Empire:
http://republicparagons.guildlaunch.com
To contact in game find Hagimond or Zutharan Republic side for Imperial Side contact Gyrok or Peregrin-Noir

arkitip's Avatar


arkitip
02.22.2013 , 11:51 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by planet_J View Post
Yeah...but combat burst was toned down in 2.0 and watchman burst was brought up. Plus...combat is still a good 200+ dps behind watchman sustained...after some have had a chance to tweak it you may be closer...but you'll be rage/focus starved where watchman really gets better focus/rage management.
This simply isn't true and you have absolutely no way to prove it. It certainly isn't true in live and basing that kind of claim on 1st day open PTS data is silly.
Combat has always been a burst spec, but its burst was so high that it averaged out to within 50 DPS of Watchman even on sustained tank and spank fights. If you add in any period of stop DPS to that equation, Combat became the clear winner for the fight.

As an aside, the burst potential for Combat has increased on the PTS, not decreased. Zen allows a player to use a PS window on ANY 4 instant abilities and Ataru form has a 45% chance to reset PS which allows 3 PS windows every 30 seconds instead of 2.

steveosazninvazn's Avatar


steveosazninvazn
02.23.2013 , 03:29 AM | #13
So I don't really know much about Combat, but my raid group just finished the S&V on PTS, and I had 2019 DPS over 7 minutes in Watchman. Obviously that's buffed and stimmed, but I would venture a guess and say Watchman has quite a lead over any other DPS spec (Sentinel or otherwise), given that I did 50% of the damage done to the first mini-boss in the last fight (Don't have the other logs, sorry) and 35% to the second mini-boss. Take a look. If I did this right, here is the link to the log.

http://www.torparse.com/a/141441

arkitip's Avatar


arkitip
02.23.2013 , 08:51 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by steveosazninvazn View Post
So I don't really know much about Combat, but my raid group just finished the S&V on PTS, and I had 2019 DPS over 7 minutes in Watchman. Obviously that's buffed and stimmed, but I would venture a guess and say Watchman has quite a lead over any other DPS spec (Sentinel or otherwise), given that I did 50% of the damage done to the first mini-boss in the last fight (Don't have the other logs, sorry) and 35% to the second mini-boss. Take a look. If I did this right, here is the link to the log.

http://www.torparse.com/a/141441
It depends on the nature of the fight, as I've easily cracked 2k DPS on Live with Combat on tank and spank fights. I've also parsed 2450 on the dummy in Watchman on PTS, and 2400 in Combat.

Csdabest's Avatar


Csdabest
03.05.2013 , 11:28 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by arkitip View Post
This simply isn't true and you have absolutely no way to prove it. It certainly isn't true in live and basing that kind of claim on 1st day open PTS data is silly.
Combat has always been a burst spec, but its burst was so high that it averaged out to within 50 DPS of Watchman even on sustained tank and spank fights. If you add in any period of stop DPS to that equation, Combat became the clear winner for the fight.

As an aside, the burst potential for Combat has increased on the PTS, not decreased. Zen allows a player to use a PS window on ANY 4 instant abilities and Ataru form has a 45% chance to reset PS which allows 3 PS windows every 30 seconds instead of 2.
*Cough* Dispatch Spam*Cough* Combat is going to probably outshine Watchmen. While Watchmen will probably be better sustained. Combat is going to be able to quickly kill faster.

planet_J's Avatar


planet_J
03.07.2013 , 11:11 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by arkitip View Post
It depends on the nature of the fight, as I've easily cracked 2k DPS on Live with Combat on tank and spank fights. I've also parsed 2450 on the dummy in Watchman on PTS, and 2400 in Combat.
So, the 2288 Watchman parse on Live...you've got an answer for that too right? Since the best combat parses I have seen are only around 2150...that's not within 50 dps. That parse is 5 min even by the way...not 5 min 15 seconds...you know what I am alluding to with that statement I am sure.
Republic Paragons/Paragons of the Empire:
http://republicparagons.guildlaunch.com
To contact in game find Hagimond or Zutharan Republic side for Imperial Side contact Gyrok or Peregrin-Noir

arkitip's Avatar


arkitip
03.08.2013 , 12:25 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by planet_J View Post
So, the 2288 Watchman parse on Live...you've got an answer for that too right? Since the best combat parses I have seen are only around 2150...that's not within 50 dps. That parse is 5 min even by the way...not 5 min 15 seconds...you know what I am alluding to with that statement I am sure.
Why do you feel the need to so rabidly defend the Watchman spec, as though it's unpopular or thought of as inferior DPS?

The post I was responding to was about someone guessing that Watchman has "quite a lead over any other DPS spec (Sentinel or otherwise)"

That simply isn't true. Not in Live, not on the PTS. In fact, if dummy parses are your thing, according to the Legit DPS Claims 2.0 thread in the PTS forum Combat and Watchman are within 50 DPS before any editing goes in.

You also claimed that Watchman is 200 DPS ahead right now for sustained (aka Ops boss) fights. Not true. Look it up on torparse if you want. You'll see me on the 16m HM/NiM top 50 quite a bit. I've got the number 5 parse on the TfB HM and that's the longest fight in game currently (ignore the #1 parse for that fight, it's 60s). Combat is AS VIABLE for sustained DPS as Watchman and for fights with multiple stop DPS phases is probably the better spec for SKILLED players.