Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Installation / Patching / Login Problems? Check here...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Installation / Patching / Login Problems? Check here...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tigerlitchee
11.28.2013 , 10:46 PM | #581
Hello,

Just wanted to add a potential fix to some launcher problems.
My husband was having trouble getting the launcher to work.
What happened is that the launcher popped up, he typed in his username and password, hit "login" and then nothing would happen ; the launcher was out of date but it wouldn't update itself or download the game client.
We tried many things listed on this thread to try to solve this problem (uninstalling/reinstalling everything, running fixlauncher, running the setup over the existing install, etc.) but the only thing that worked was uninstalling then reuninstalling in a different directory.
I can't be sure, but what I think caused the problem is that the directory he was originally trying to install the game into had an accented character in its name ("Jeux installÚs", installed games - we are French).
So, I'm just reporting that to say that if someone encounters the same problem, they might want to check if the directory they're trying to install the game into has a character that might not be recognized by the launcher.
Hope this helps!

Albannoch
07.30.2014 , 11:15 AM | #582
I have the letters ST appear on the lower left side of my launcher, what does this mean?

OwenBrooks
07.31.2014 , 01:39 AM | #583
Quote: Originally Posted by Albannoch View Post
I have the letters ST appear on the lower left side of my launcher, what does this mean?
It signifies the streaming launcher and to do a repair is by - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=729911

masterkenwa
12.14.2014 , 07:38 AM | #584
i keep getting a message saying 'server not responding' any help please?