Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Installation / Patching / Login Problems? Check here...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Installation / Patching / Login Problems? Check here...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Packetdancer
12.13.2011 , 05:43 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Engaido View Post
1 No, i did not.
I'm going to guess this probably would've worked, then; as noted in the first post of this thread, it fixes a startling number of launcher issues. (I wanted to know if this was genuinely a new solution, or a variant on the one already listed.)

Thank you for sharing, though!
Pahke Stardancer (Jedi Sentinel, Save Taris)
Writer, photographer, software engineer, GAMER.

spock_jr
12.13.2011 , 05:47 PM | #22
hey i just finished downloading an update and restarted the comp but the same message poped out what else can i do i also started downloading some 23 updates it seems if that doesnt work what can i do

Plainhorrible
12.13.2011 , 06:01 PM | #23
Hey Packet, I've seen that you've been the go to person with tech problems on the forum, so if you'd help me, it would be greatly appreciated! I am running on Windows Vista and I am absolutely infuriated with how unhelpful it is. Here's my current situation: I have tried maybe 15+ times to correctly install the setup.exe onto my computer. Whenever I try to do so, it somehow screws up (The download is really fast, i get the "only one instance" message, when I click on the launcher icon nothing happens, etc...). I always uninstall the game fully between attempts at re-installing. I have tried looking at about ever single help site including the docTORs site that you had previously posted. I am at my breaking point, please help!!

Packetdancer
12.13.2011 , 06:11 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Plainhorrible View Post
Hey Packet, I've seen that you've been the go to person with tech problems on the forum, so if you'd help me, it would be greatly appreciated!
I swear I'm just really good at remembering where to find answers! (This is why everyone I know, including my guildmates, come to me for tech support... *sigh*)

I'm glad that I've been able to be helpful to some folks, though!

Quote:
I am running on Windows Vista and I am absolutely infuriated with how unhelpful it is. Here's my current situation: I have tried maybe 15+ times to correctly install the setup.exe onto my computer. Whenever I try to do so, it somehow screws up (The download is really fast, i get the "only one instance" message, when I click on the launcher icon nothing happens, etc...). I always uninstall the game fully between attempts at re-installing.
Hrm. Have you tried redownloading SWTOR_setup.exe from the download page here on swtor.com, or were you just running the same installer over and over? If not, I'd try that; sometimes they hotfix the installer.

Honestly, though, it sounds like there's something very unhappy with your computer as a whole.

Quote:
I have tried looking at about ever single help site including the docTORs site that you had previously posted. I am at my breaking point, please help!!
The 'docTOR' page over on my guild site was just the incarnation of this thread's first post to help out my guildmates while the forums were down, so there's not really any information that was there which isn't here.

(Though I am half-tempted to write an actual 'docTOR' program that looks for common problems and diagnoses them. 'You have WindowBlinds running.' 'You have your screen magnification set to something non-standard.' Etc.)

Packetdancer
12.13.2011 , 06:21 PM | #25
(Also, added an entry for Error 1003 to the first post, as well as a note about Quicktime.)

Packetdancer
12.13.2011 , 06:50 PM | #26
Updated to add a note about Nvidia Forceware networking tools, and about launcher.settings corruption.

jiabaoyu
12.13.2011 , 07:01 PM | #27
I did the true to false trick and that got me in game and playing, i went to change a couple settings and sadly i changed the graphics, which tossed me back to the black screen and input not supported, now i can get back in game at all, any ideas?

Packetdancer
12.13.2011 , 07:01 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by jiabaoyu View Post
I did the true to false trick and that got me in game and playing, i went to change a couple settings and sadly i changed the graphics, which tossed me back to the black screen and input not supported, now i can get back in game at all, any ideas?
Tweaking the ini file doesn't work again?

jiabaoyu
12.13.2011 , 07:03 PM | #29
unfortunately not, tried a couple times and same error

Packetdancer
12.13.2011 , 07:08 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by jiabaoyu View Post
unfortunately not, tried a couple times and same error
Anything interesting in the client log files?

Under your SWTOR install directory, look in swtor\retailclient\swtor\logs -- you'll find a log for each run of the actual game client, and that might show errors or other useful data. (If you post them in this thread, though, please use SPOILER tags to keep the post readable!)