Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reorganizing Data........forever! pls help

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Reorganizing Data........forever! pls help

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Freakiee
04.12.2015 , 04:47 PM | #191
so I followed the steps for changing the affinity for the launcher.exe and BRSptSvc.exe and it still didnt work. So I tried changing the affinity for only CPU 1 and CPU 2 for all processes that look like they are related to the bitraider, which included brs.exe, BrSptStub.exe, and brwc.exe. At this point it breezed through reorganizing (~30 secs). Verifying still took some time (~5 mins) but significantly faster then it ever has in the past.

higginsjf
04.13.2015 , 09:22 AM | #192
I had the same thing but took a 30 min call to tech support cause with the hole Bit torn . It would have been nice if they pointed this out to some of use that had the DVD copy of the game that there patch updated may put the ST back on and have to go through the steps again to remove this and get back to playing the game again

Thrache
04.28.2015 , 11:27 AM | #193
Set affinity is genius. Thank you!

Sydzzle
04.29.2015 , 03:14 PM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by dashspook View Post
That was my solution: Set both the BitRaider Client (BRSptSvc.exe) and the Launcher (launcher.exe) to 2-core processor affinity and it had no issue!

Thanks whoever mentioned how your older computer handled it fine! Probably because it's only dual core!
Thanks bro! it helps for me !

FoolMetalJacket
06.25.2015 , 02:09 AM | #195
This is stupid. Guild Wars 2 has streaming launcher downloads but theirs finished in literally 5 minutes. Now, I do have super fast internet speed, but it doesn't freaking "reorganize" the data every gosh darn patch. What is it doing, a full system defragmentation and priority file optimization? W. T. F.

I'm going to get rid of that terrible BitRaider and redownload the game, but I'm not happy about that. Having to transfer my UI settings is annoying.
Is a man entitled to the content of his comments?
"No," says the Wikipedia moderator, "it needs a citation."
"No," says the copy-paster, "it belongs to me."

But I chose something else. I chose... an original post.

Strasserk
07.22.2015 , 11:04 PM | #196
ive tried alot of the suggestions in here too and im kinda done spending time on the issue, can we get a blue post or something from a customer service employee acknowledging the problem and letting us know the steps theyre taking to correct it.

OwenBrooks
07.22.2015 , 11:08 PM | #197
Worst case making the changes here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=673714 will get rid of re-organising data forever , but it is an initial new game download.

re-organising data is bitraider specific so it does not exist with SSN patching