Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't stick to one character?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Can't stick to one character?

Kulyok
05.21.2014 , 04:50 AM | #11
At some point, it happened to me in Dragon Age - I just couldn't continue playing. With SWTOR, it was easier, because I like class stories a lot and I really wanted to find out what's going to be happening on the next planet and the next and the next. (Too bad Trooper's so boring).

I say keep creating characters if that's what you like. Eventually you'll love one of your chars so much you'll want to carry him/her through the entire game. (Though, granted, levels past 47, after the class story is over , are kind of boring, especially on your nth toon).
Free subscription for 7 days, extra inventory tab and more through Friends of SWTOR program, my link: http://www.swtor.com/r/kvLxZh

DomiSotto
05.21.2014 , 07:20 AM | #12
On the low levels it actually makes sense to bring at least 6 characters to the end of the Capital world sequence in a rotation because:
a) do not run out of rested XPs (on is running others are resting)
b) get at least 2 companions to start crafting all 6 crafts and keep everyone in gear.

After the Capital worlds (i.e. ~ level 17-18) I would pick two toons - one Imp, one Pub and run in parallel to the story's end.

In my circumstances, that is actually 3 toons simultaneously - two paired up with my hubby's characters, and one of my own.

It does take some discipline to learn to maintain the character after the game becomes too difficult to run in the dropped gear, so you have to maintain the every 4 level updates, re-arrange your skill bars and keep tabs on the growing herd of affection-starved companions; crafting and not going broke. It becomes a management exercise to support the adventuring.

Anjin-san
05.21.2014 , 08:55 AM | #13
I have 3 lvl 55's and 12 characters on my server and skip around a lot. I did all of the quests and story lines on my max level characters but now I mostly just do flashpoints on the rest. I still go through the class quests but never do anything else while on each planet.
My Merc is level 33 and I have no idea what the storyline is. Now it's just space bar constantly...I'm sure I'm cheating myself out of some good stuff but I really just want to get through it all because I have the most fun doing end game stuff and want to experience it with as many different characters as possible.

I do really wish I could stay content with 1 character but the grass is always greener....

The-Uncreative
05.21.2014 , 09:22 AM | #14
I had this, or something similar, and In the end I decided to stop creating new characters because the starting planets became to tedious to do again so I just stuck with one character and I leaned to play her better and better letting me enjoy the game more and more, and once I finish the class quest, it's Alt-time :P

Quote: Originally Posted by Anjin-san View Post
My Merc is level 33 and I have no idea what the storyline is. Now it's just space bar constantly...I'm sure I'm cheating myself out of some good stuff but I really just want to get through it all because I have the most fun doing end game stuff and want to experience it with as many different characters as possible.
Wouldn't it be better to just ignore the Class quests and simply get your character to lvl 55? I know makeb doesn't need your Class Quest finished (I could be mistaken ofcourse) and I assume that other endgame activities are also not bound to the Story End. that way you can enjoy the story afterwards when you become intrested in it....
I am everywhere*!!!
(*everywhere does not include RP-servers, PvP-servers or non-English speaking servers)
---> this is a referal Link.... wanna be my friend now?
Legacy Level 50 .... obviously....

Forgettableone
05.21.2014 , 09:48 AM | #15
My suggestion would be to get one of each class on each side and grind them up as far as you can stand, then reserve a slot for "rince-repeating" on the lower levels, then once you get bored of the rince -repeater - grind a bit more on the others, eventually you'll get something close to max level...

The other idea could be to hold fire on re-rolling the class that interests you most until a double xp weekend - then instead of deletion - KDY him/her to the hilt and hopefully come out the other side with a shiny new 55 with hopefully enough planet comms and coin to at least get into half a suit of makeb gear/oranges to work through the class story in one go.
Requiescat in Pace

ConcreteRyder
05.21.2014 , 10:33 AM | #16
I had this problem back when I was playing WoW. I played for years and never reached max level. Then I got a friend to play the game and he quickly got to max level. I still lagged behind playing multiple toons even though he was egging me along to reach max level. Then I found the secret. You need to have a goal outside of leveling your toon. For my WoW toons it was crafting. I would raise my crafting skill as high I could, but then would have to level some more to reach the next crafting tier. Before I new it I was Max level.

So my advice is to find something outside of leveling that you can complete. Maybe you want to get all the Lore items on all the planets. Get all the Achievements? Be the best crafter ever? Get that blasted lizard to love you? Kick some PvP booty? Fly circles around everyone in a cool starship? You will find that as you try to reach those goals you will be leveling your toon as a side effect. And of course, having loads of fun along the way. That's what makes it not a grind you have to suffer through.

TL;DR So leveling isn't your thing. Find what is.