Dread Fortress (NiM) 8-Man World Progression Tracking

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping they would tune up the damage from PTS but they didn't. I wanted some actual fun things to heal but these bosses just feel like hard mode. =/

I am disappointed. :(

Well, they feel like HM cause we had plenty of time on the PTS. For someone who never did them before they won't go 4/5 in 2-3h. That's the point when you spend to much time on the PTS. :p

Well, they feel like HM cause we had plenty of time on the PTS. For someone who never did them before they won't go 4/5 in 2-3h. That's the point when you spend to much time on the PTS. :p

I'm just talking from a healer perspective, the damage on the PTS was never very challenging to heal through and I figured it was because they hadn't tuned it as they would on live. But it seems basically the same, I don't think they changed the damage at all. Except for last phase of Brontes I don't think any of these fights have a healing check, and it makes me sad.

Took us ~2h to kill Bosses 1 up to 4. Really disappointing. Well, at least we know that Brontes is hard. So maybe she makes up for the letdown on the first 4 Bosses.

I only took a Screen with Timestamp for Zero, as the race isn't actually a race anymore cause it's a) to easy and b) a lot of guilds could start before us.

Anyways:

Nefra, Draxus, Grob, CZ: http://picload.org/image/loowcig/df_nim_taco_progression.jpg 19:05 UTC

Catalyst Guild, EU, Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Correction, only the last phase of Brontes is remotely hard. It actually feels like Nightmare power is bugged/not operating correctly since things seem to die quicker and hit softer than most of the stuff on the PTS when we were playing with > 200ms. Edited by umbak

Yeh have to agree, now with a normal ping it feels a lot easier than on PTS. Can be however that our high experience on the Bosses let it "feel" easier. I still think that it would take some time for groups to kill these bosses if they face them the first time now.

Still, the overall nightmare quality feels really bad now if you compare it to SV and TfB nightmare...

Edited by tman_ac

Correction, only the last phase of Brontes is remotely hard. It actually feels like Nightmare power is bugged/not operating correctly since things seem to die quicker and hit softer than most of the stuff on the PTS when we were playing with > 200ms.

That's a very good point indeed.

It's also the reason there is no true progression race in this game. If you've downed the bosses on the PTS and then clear them again when they go live thats not progression for your guild/group, thats closer to farm lol.

Yeah I'm in two minds. On one hand I really want to give feedback to genuinely improve the fights but on the other if one guild goes on the PTS, practically every other guild has to to remain competitive.

WTB MEMORY WIPE :)

Granted S&V no one got passed Thrasher on the PTS, that was a fun race.

Edited by umbak

Granted S&V no one got passed Thrasher on the PTS, that was a fun race.

Na, we did actually go past it on PTS in Hard mode :p can't remember if you were there for that run, got to Olok and got crushed XD didn't skip further after that. We were lucky on the 3rd Styrak attempt though where the adds bugged and stayed up after the wipe so we could inspect them :p

Disciples of Babylon have downed 4/5. Images will come in a bit. EDIT: Already up.

Now, time for some raging. Bioware, do you not respect the userbase that thrive on end-game pve challenges? I was disappointed on the pts with the challenge of the bosses, but I thought it was simply your way of saying that you wanted us to test the mechanics of the bosses. The real challenge would come when 2.7 hit live. Perhaps some more HP or lower enrage timer + harder hitting bosses and adds. None of those points are present. This is a complete pisstake, Bioware. Dps have no challenge whatsoever. Nefra is about moving her at intervals, Draxus raid coordination, Grob mostly tanks and CZ is just a joke. He jumps a bit more, that's pretty much it. Brontes will be the only challenge. Guilds will hopefully be stuck on her for some time, but you should have made it so we were stuck on all bosses for some time. Clearing 4/5 in a matter of hours? What a joke.

Yes .... that happens when everybody is logging on to the PTS and practise the bossfights for hours and hours. In my opnion the joke is partially on the community themselves too. Maybe bioware should have made it harder but you'll didn't make it better by doing the opses that often at the PTS.

This is exactly what KBN has warned about and he got massivly flamed for it. He warned bioware and the community that doing/having PTS training wrecks the competetive progress on live.

Take this in mind for the next time please and maybe use some sort a system of maluspoints for being at PTS.

About the fact that bioware didn't boosted up the difficulty; Wasn't it an official statement by bioware that the PTS was a nerved version? I do remember a yellow post saying just that. Since I heard stories about SM and HM having NiM mechanics I suppose that its a bit bugged still.

EDIT: Just to be sure? how fast did the ops got cleared on PTS? Was it also 4/5 in 2 hours time?

Edited by fire-breath

Yes .... that happens when everybody is logging on to the PTS and practise the bossfights for hours and hours. In my opnion the joke is partially on the community themselves too. Maybe bioware should have made it harder but you'll didn't make it better by doing the opses that often at the PTS.

This is exactly what KBN has warned about and he got massivly flamed for it. He warned bioware and the community that doing/having PTS training wrecks the competetive progress on live.

Take this in mind for the next time please and maybe use some sort a system of maluspoints for being at PTS.

About the fact that bioware didn't boosted up the difficulty; Wasn't it an official statement by bioware that the PTS was a nerved version? I do remember a yellow post saying just that. Since I heard stories about SM and HM having NiM mechanics I suppose that its a bit bugged still.

Considering how SM and HM are bugged right now, I wouldn't be surprised if NiM buff is bugged at this moment.

I have not checked them on live so far, but is there any difference (HP and damage wise) from the PTS ?

Edited by znihilist