Coratanni hm 2nd phase

Hey fellow raiders,

my group is working on Coratanni hm and I am looking for tips to help us get through the 2nd phase. 1st phase we clear easily and we've gotten Ruugar within 4% of pushing on our best pull but usually we wipe on 2nd phase when he is about 40% health.

It sounds sad, but the mechanic that is holding us back is the mouse droids. 2 come out every 25 seconds, target a dps or healer, move fast, and hit for 48k each. The issue is, if they hit simultaneously, hit someone with their DCDs on cooldown, or hit someone who's taken hostage they are going to get 1-shot. When both droids spawn in the back they are also more likely to kill someone because everyone is facing the boss at the front console. They seems to like to go for the person with the lowest health, and we have tried using that to our advantage. Picking a dps to have slightly lower health to target them works for 1, maybe 2 spawns, then the strat falls apart. We've also tried burning the droids but they have too much hp (50k) and move too fast for that to work.

We have used the zorz positioning strat as well as just spreading out in the back, but both strats have disadvantages. If anyone has positioning suggestions that would be great. Additionally, does anyone know if the droids can be taunted? We thought of that after our last pull. We have a PT and Jugg dps who could taunt a droid and at least split the damage if that would work. Other tips and suggestions, especially from people who have cleared it in 4.0, would be appreciated.

You can use tank stims on dd. In 3.X some used it for sorc and sages low dmg reduction. In 4.x you can do that on all classes since the dps required is pretty low. Have someone call out the mice target and have your healers keep an instant or bubble reserved for them.

the mouse droids will always target the player with the lowest amount on health by time of spawn except of both tanks. During 3.x we had a Merc or Sniper stand in middle and let him eat more or less every mouse droid.

Heal every player too full and ignore the wanted player (maybe take 2) and top them between spawn and first hit of the droids. Sorc bubble right before droids helps also and dont forget to take the 30% AOE reduction.

this comes down to your dps response time. when the mouse droids spawn everybody needs to know immediately who they are targeting. the easiest way is to have somebody responsible for calling it out, but one way or the other, the dps and heals need to know as soon as they spawn. i said the "as soon as they spawn" part twice now because it is the most important thing. all classes can survive the mouse droids, if they get warning in time to do something about it. if one player is getting targeted repeatedly, he will be out of cooldowns, but that just means the healers need to manage them better so that the dps have a chance to rotate their cooldowns.

the good news is that cortanni is a cakewalk compared to mb. just from the fact that you can get to her, i have no doubt you will kill her soon. good luck!

Edited by sumquy

AOE DR is pretty OP for mouse droids; with it you don't really need cooldowns, just full hp. Personally, the easiest method I believe is to keep a sniper (60% aoe dr with entrench, 30% damage absorb with ballistic dampeners) or merc (bonus 3% endurance, 30% aoe dr, heavy armor) at lowest hp so droids will target them, since they're ranged you don't need much reaction from the dps, healers just top em up as soon as droids spawn and they'll always survive.

The incoming group- and tankdamage was nerfed with 4.0. One healer easily can soloheal most of it. So the other heal can manage the mous droids on his own (merc) or support (sorc) the dps, who is eating them. E.g. you can use a Sniper or Merc, give him a static barrier an a non-buffed roaming mend. When Ruugar says "Nice try", sorc can cast dark infusion on the sniper and in addition, use innervate after the first droid hits the sniper. He also can cycle his defensive cooldowns. Edited by Exocor

Just wanted to say thanks again for the tips. My group 1-shot MB tonight and downed Cora shortly after. :D AOE damage reduction utility, guards on healers, and tank adrenals made a big difference for us in survivability during the second phase.