"underworld gear crafting" ?

finelinebob

According to BioWare:

"Level 55 Underworld Gear can now be crafted and traded on the Galactic Trade Network! Requiring expensive and rare components, Underworld Gear will be challenging to craft but well worth the investment."

There is nothing in this game that is challenging to craft. "Crew Skills" do no require any skill. Requiring "rare components" where rare means "seldom seen" more than it means "difficult to get" also does not add to any sort of "challenge" BW claims there is.

... and changing the RE Chance of Tier 1 Prefix items from 10% to 20% for schematics requiring a crafting skill rating above 400 does not constitute an expansion, upgrade, revamp or revision of a crafting system mired by mindless RNG.

@finelinebob,

I quote Obi-wan Kenobi...

Obi-Wan: "So what I told you was true, from a certain point of view."

Luke: "A certain point of view?"

Obi-Wan: "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

From BioWare's (and many other MMO developers) point of view, the "challenge" is acquiring the schematics in the first place and then acquiring the materials. You disagree, and you have that right.

This is a legit question: what was the last MMO to completely scrap an existing crafting system for a new one? I honestly do not know. I ask because based on what YOU would want BioWare would have to scrap the entire crafting system in SWTOR.

ok so can some helpful person tell us just how to go about crafting the LVL 55 underworld gear. Where are the schematics found, what mats are required, etc?

When running operations, you can get Ultimate Commendations. In the Supplies area of the fleet are vendors that will sell Verpine gear for comms.

Also, Hard Mode Terror From Beyond and Hard Mode Scum and Villainy will drop Underworld tokens, which can be exchanged for gear at the same vendors.

You rip the armoring and mods out (for cybertechs), enhancements and hilts (for artifice), and barrels (armstech) and try and reverse engineer the components for a 20% chance to learn it. The pieces are destroyed in the process.

@finelinebob,

I quote Obi-wan Kenobi...

From BioWare's (and many other MMO developers) point of view, the "challenge" is acquiring the schematics in the first place and then acquiring the materials. You disagree, and you have that right.

This is a legit question: what was the last MMO to completely scrap an existing crafting system for a new one? I honestly do not know. I ask because based on what YOU would want BioWare would have to scrap the entire crafting system in SWTOR.

I don't know of any MMO that has completely changed its crafting system while the game was "live." I will admit that I'm not an expert on the many different MMOs that are out there.

Some people will say it happened to SWG, but I disagree with that claim. There were certainly changes made to the crafting system, but they were relatively minor and needed to match the much larger changes to the combat systems of the CU and NGE.

For example, when crafting a barrel that would eventually go on a ranged weapon during crafting, during pre-cu you were able to adjust 4 different stats via experimentation and quality of resources. During the CU, some of those stats were no longer used and changed to the current stat, going from 4 lines of experimentation down to 3. Then, during the NGE, they were changed again. Finally, a couple years before the end of the game crafting weapons was changed for a 4th time, and that's where it stayed pretty much until they shut down the game.

BUT, throughout all of that, you still needed resources that had different stats depending on when you harvested/gathered it, you still had to mix the ingredients and experiment to get a chance at better stats..that, to me, was always the essence of that crafting system, the resource mini game and the experimentation.

When running operations, you can get Ultimate Commendations. In the Supplies area of the fleet are vendors that will sell Verpine gear for comms.

Also, Hard Mode Terror From Beyond and Hard Mode Scum and Villainy will drop Underworld tokens, which can be exchanged for gear at the same vendors.

You rip the armoring and mods out (for cybertechs), enhancements and hilts (for artifice), and barrels (armstech) and try and reverse engineer the components for a 20% chance to learn it. The pieces are destroyed in the process.

I thought it was 10% on leve 72 gear Reverse Engineering?