Dark Council: Who's left?

Onyxus

I dont think that the dark council MUST be filled at all times. Look at the Jedi council, we see almost half the council missing for one reason or another. There is 1) Master Satele 2) Syo Bakarn/Consular 3) Master Kiwiiks 4) unnamed Kel-Dor 5) Master Kaedan 6) Orgus Din. That is all im aware of. So maybe they are unnamed in the game or are not there at all.

"Un-named" Kel-Dor is Tol Braga. And though he is not seen in-game, according to Annihilation, Gnost-Dural is also on the Council.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Un-named" Kel-Dor is Tol Braga. And though he is not seen in-game, according to Annihilation, Gnost-Dural is also on the Council.

Yes, I did some research after my post and I did realize it was Tol Braga ,I have not finfished my JK yet. Gnost-Dural must have joined sometime after the events of the storylines of swtor as I dont remember seeing him, or he was just left out.

Gnost-Dural must have joined sometime after the events of the storylines of swtor as I dont remember seeing him, or he was just left out.

He was simply ignored. My guess is because a) Annihilation was already in the works and b) there is only one model for Kel-Dors in the entire game, so having both Tol Braga AND Gnost-Dural on-screen at the same time might have been confusing.

Gnost-Dural is established to have become a Jedi Master and Keeper of the Jedi Archives shortly after the Treaty of Coruscant, but to to my recollection, neither the Chronicles of Gnost-Dural (from the Collector's Edition) nor Annihilation make mention when he came on the Jedi Council, so I would assume after the during story of the game as well.

I dont think that the dark council MUST be filled at all times.

Considering the power structure of the Empire and its Spheres of Influence and all below, having no Councilor for long periods of time would be detrimental for the entirety of the Empire. However, I recall that Annihilation takes place a year after the end of Act 3 and Hadra's seat on the Council (and thus, control over the Sphere of Technology) was empty the entire time.

Considering the power structure of the Empire and its Spheres of Influence and all below, having no Councilor for long periods of time would be detrimental for the entirety of the Empire. However, I recall that Annihilation takes place a year after the end of Act 3 and Hadra's seat on the Council (and thus, control over the Sphere of Technology) was empty the entire time.

I'm a bit skeptical about that. Particularly playing the Imperial Agent storyline, but it crops up elsewhere, you find that for a lot of the rank and file who actually keep the Empire running, the Sith are something to be suffered through and worked around, not really "Oh no, there's no Sith around, I don't know what to do!" .

The Empire would be a lot more efficient and stable if the Sith had all gone into retirement after founding it. :p

Yeah, lol. I was shocked by his difference in the game and in the book. I thought he was the type of sith that uses their head more than emotion.

He was very calm in the game, and knew to use his apprentice well to destroy the pubs and motivate the player.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, now with 2.0 released, we suddenly have a new Dark Councillor with Dark Acina and that causes some continuity problems. According to her own introduction, She was personally selected by the Emperor to guard the Emperor's Dark Side technology storehouse "Arcanum" when she became a Dark Council member. Problem is, that doesn't exactly work out because when the Emperor was still around, all 12 seats on the Council were still occupied.

And if she was selcted after the events of Act 3, say, by the Emperor's Hand (though why would they care? Thus far, the Hand has done nothing to oppose the Dread Masters), the Dread Masters would already be on the loose and most likely had already raided the Arcanum before Acina even took to overseeing the storehouse. Wookiepedia placed her in the Sphere of Technology, which makes perfect sense, but that would also mean that she succeeded Karrid, meaning she wasn't on the Council until after Annihilation, which is a year after Act 3.

Edited by BenKatarn

Well, now with 2.0 released, we suddenly have a new Dark Councillor with Dark Acina and that causes some continuity problems. According to her own introduction, She was personally selected by the Emperor to guard the Emperor's Dark Side technology storehouse "Arcanum" when she became a Dark Council member. Problem is, that doesn't exactly work out because when the Emperor was still around, all 12 seats on the Council were still occupied.

And if she was selcted after the events of Act 3, say, by the Emperor's Hand (though why would they care? Thus far, the Hand has done nothing to oppose the Dread Masters), the Dread Masters would already be on the loose and most likely had already raided the Arcanum before Acina even took to overseeing the storehouse. Wookiepedia placed her in the Sphere of Technology, which makes perfect sense, but that would also mean that she succeeded Karrid, meaning she wasn't on the Council until after Annihilation, which is a year after Act 3.

According to the codex, she was picked by the hand to watch over the Arcanum, but that's a bit different than what we saw in Annihilation.

The Dark Council’s official keeper of all things technological, Darth Acina inherited her post after her predecessor Darth Hadra was killed by Republic heroes on Corellia. Acina was personally tasked by the Emperor’s Hand with guarding the Arcanum: a vast storehouse of Sith artifacts and devices deemed too powerful to destroy, but too dangerous for anything but research. Acina controls all access to the Arcanum facility, making her someone the rest of the Dark Council continually seeks to impress. None have discovered what garners Darth Acina’s approval–but all agree that to speak with her is always a pleasurable guessing game.

After the Emperor’s vanishing, Malgus’s betrayal and the rise of the Dread Masters, Darth Acina retreated into watchful seclusion with her apprentices at the Arcanum facility. This proved to be a tactical error, as one of her apprentices had secretly sworn loyalty to the Dread Masters and later organized an impressive raid of the station and its many dark wonders. Her position within the Dark Council has become precarious, forcing her to scramble out of arrogant isolation and curry favor with others.

It is all to possible that she died or simply retired from the dark council, leaving it open to Kharrid. Then, she could come back after Kharrid died. This may be a canon blunder that wasn't resolved quick enough. Maybe she was meant to be put into a different sphere or maybe she is a "assistant councilor".

It works fine, however what it means is Darth Acina will be dead within the year. Which kinda sucks. Allow me to explain. The events if Makeb must be happening immediately after the events of Coreilla, Ilum, Denova and Belsavis. Perhaps in the second half of the year. Hadra is dead and Acina was likely appointed prior to Coreilla or after Ilum, before the Dread Masters reappeared she was put in charge of the Arcanum by the Emperor's Hand (which at this point has nothing to do with the Dread Masters) which was likely raided by said Masters around the point of their return. The war starts to drift in the Republic's favour and Makeb happens, and Darth Acina chases the Shroud of whatever. Sometime after Makeb, once the Empire has been restablised, Acina is killed and Karrid takes her place. This would make sense given that in Annihilation the Empire are losing the war but not as badly as they are in Makeb, suggesting a recovery. Although were still losing, and that's another DC member dead... /sigh

Or alternatively, Acina could have been appointed after Karrid. This might make more sense as all of the above is a lot to cram into 1 year, where in this case it could be spread over 2. It also means Acina survives and isn't killed after few months in office. This might makes more sense as in Annihilation the war is going badly and didn't seem to be getting any better, so maybe it got even worse to the point the Empire was close to losing altogether.

I think the second version might be more likely, but either way somebody is incorrect when saying said DC member has replaced Darth Hadra. Still, a minor retcon.

Was Karrid even officially recognized as a Dark Lord of the Sith, member of the Dark Council, before the other members like we know who was?

All I remember from Annihilation was Marr communicating with her, so maybe it never got to the point where it was truly official? Probably clutching at straws but again...

Both the Wrath and the Sith Inquisitor had to be recognized before the Council, before receiving the title in-game.

:p:D

Was Karrid even officially recognized as a Dark Lord of the Sith, member of the Dark Council, before the other members like we know who was?

All I remember from Annihilation was Marr communicating with her, so maybe it never got to the point where it was truly official? Probably clutching at straws but again...

Both the Wrath and the Sith Inquisitor had to be recognized before the Council, before receiving the title in-game.

:p:D

No, I think she was recognised... could be wrong.

No, I think she was recognised... could be wrong.

When I say recognised, I mean before all the living members of the Dark Council, at the Sith Academy in Korriban, like...

The Sith Inquisitor, after the defeat of Darth Thanaton.

Again, pretty sure it all came down to Marr talking with Vorawn, Ravage and not sure if Mortis, while Karrid was somewhere in space, aboard her baby.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

When I say recognised, I mean before all the living members of the Dark Council, at the Sith Academy in Korriban, like...

The Sith Inquisitor, after the defeat of Darth Thanaton.

Again, pretty sure it all came down to Marr talking with Vorawn, Ravage and not sure if Mortis, while Karrid was somewhere in space, aboard her baby.

*shrug* I don't think the ceremony amounts to much. I mean even with the SI all it amounted too was Marr telling you that you've got Thanaton's place, and giving you a new title (something that wouldn't happen to Karrid as she is already a Darth.) Pretty much the same scenario here, except Karrid isn't present.

It works fine, however what it means is Darth Acina will be dead within the year. Which kinda sucks. Allow me to explain. The events if Makeb must be happening immediately after the events of Coreilla, Ilum, Denova and Belsavis. Perhaps in the second half of the year. Hadra is dead and Acina was likely appointed prior to Coreilla or after Ilum, before the Dread Masters reappeared she was put in charge of the Arcanum by the Emperor's Hand (which at this point has nothing to do with the Dread Masters) which was likely raided by said Masters around the point of their return. The war starts to drift in the Republic's favour and Makeb happens, and Darth Acina chases the Shroud of whatever. Sometime after Makeb, once the Empire has been restablised, Acina is killed and Karrid takes her place. This would make sense given that in Annihilation the Empire are losing the war but not as badly as they are in Makeb, suggesting a recovery. Although were still losing, and that's another DC member dead... /sigh

Or alternatively, Acina could have been appointed after Karrid. This might make more sense as all of the above is a lot to cram into 1 year, where in this case it could be spread over 2. It also means Acina survives and isn't killed after few months in office. This might makes more sense as in Annihilation the war is going badly and didn't seem to be getting any better, so maybe it got even worse to the point the Empire was close to losing altogether.

I think the second version might be more likely, but either way somebody is incorrect when saying said DC member has replaced Darth Hadra. Still, a minor retcon.

It could be likely that Acina hid after an assasination atempt, coming out to take Karrid's place after the DC couldnt find a suitable replacement. I see Acina staying for a while.

• 1 year later...

These are the ones Alive:

Darth Mortis- can be found in the micro binoculars mission

Darth Marr- found in ROTHC

Darth Arina- Seeker Droid

Darth Vowrawn- Sith warrior Storyline (C3)

Darth Nox- the sith inquisitor

Darth Aruk- not know and not mentioned

Darth Rictus-not know and not mentioned

Darth Arkus- Can be found in forged alliance

These are the dead ones

Darth Decimus- Died on Corellia ( replaced by Darth Charnus)

Darth Baras- killed my Wrath ( replaced by Darth Artho [ I believe])

Darth Arachon *

Darth Hadra- Don't know how killed ( According to old republic comics was replaced by Darth Karrid)

Darth Jadus**( replaced by his daughter Darth Zhorrid)

Darth Thanaton- killed by Nox

Member that hasn't been mentioned : Darth Howl- strictly because of not much information

*not sure about this guy

** Doesn't really dye he just leaves the Council

Edited by baybarsrule

I think Darth Tormen will mostly succeed Military Offense, Darth Charnus will take Military Strategy. Darth Viktus could take a seat as well.

Darth Viktus wasn't on the Dark Council ( from what ik) Vharnus took Decimus seat and Tormen is a matter of storyline you can chose his position.

Rictus is actually mentioned by Darth Marr during the briefing for the Oricon storyline. It was Rictus who tasked Lord Hargrev with the assault on Oricon and the formation of the Dread Executioners. Besides that, he also appears in SWTOR: Annihilation.

Acina is a much debated person. I like to look at things the way people lvl inquisitors from 50-55, you all should be aware that the with warrior story ends BEFORE the inquisitor. It is also known that after Thanaton, Kharrid died. Id like to think that Kharrid died when a with inq is about 51-52. Darth Arinca and the seeker droid missions started at lvl 53 for all classes. So she could easily slip inside the council after Kharrid. Also Acina was put into place to DEFEND AND CREATE a place to hold all the artifacts of the with order ( the arcanum). Which i beleve should have been Mortis's job.

Edited by baybarsrule

Rictus is actually mentioned by Darth Marr during the briefing for the Oricon storyline. It was Rictus who tasked Lord Hargrev with the assault on Oricon and the formation of the Dread Executioners. Besides that, he also appears in SWTOR: Annihilation.

Yes but he doesn't hold as much role as members such as Marr or Mortis

These are the ones Alive:

Darth Mortis- can be found in the micro binoculars mission

Darth Marr- found in ROTHC

Darth Arina- Seeker Droid

Darth Vowrawn- Sith warrior Storyline (C3)

Darth Nox- the sith inquisitor

Darth Aruk- not know and not mentioned

Darth Arkus- Can be found in forged alliance

It should be noted that Darth Nox (Dark Side) is also Darth Imperius (Light Side) or Darth Occlus (Neutral) depending on how the player went.

Also Acina was put into place to DEFEND AND CREATE a place to hold all the artifacts of the with order ( the arcanum). Which i beleve should have been Mortis's job.

Mortis is in charge of the Sphere of Laws and Justice, I fail to see how a space station housing ancient artifacts and the like fall in his jurisdiction. Matter of factly, I don't even think it should really fall into Acina's Sphere of Influence (Sphere of Technology), but rather Darth Nox' or Darth Rictus' (Ancient Knowledge and Mysteries, respectively).

The bigger issue for me in this is that, according to Acina, she was picked by the EMPEROR to oversee the Arcanum. That doesn't really make a lot of sense, unless the Emperor woke up for five minutes from his regenerative sleep to appoint her for this task and then go back napping. That just doesn't fly given the timeline, especially since Acina says she was selected for this task upon her acsension to the Dark Council, meaning after the deaths of Darth Hadra (Battle of Corellia) and Darth Kharrid (Battle of Duro).