PVP Medal farming is ALLOWED

humipop

So I sent a ticket regarding higher level premades farming low levels in Huttball after scoring 5 - 0 within 4 minutes. 4 sorcerer 45+ premade from the same guild. Passing us the ball as soon as they got the ball, killing us instanly. And just got the answer that its not a violation/abuse of the current pvp system.

This is the message i got from the Support:

"I am Protocol Droid W4-U9 of Human-Cyborg Relations of Human-Cyborg Relations...

I have received your transmission regarding the players you suspect of abusing the warzone match you participated. We do apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused you. However, rest assured I will be assisting you with this.

The game's warzone events was designed to eliminate the opposing team as much as possible, and with other varying objectives on the side note. Regarding Huttball, it may be the tactic of the opposing team to score as much as possible first and then eliminate the opposing team. With the information you provided, we do not see anything that the opposing team violated related to the warzone match.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with.

Galactic Support is our specialty...

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid W4-U9 (aka Gerhard)

Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service"

Edited by humipop

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

arguabley by atempting to score over and over again u could put ur ball carrier in situations he may die resulting in the other team getting the ball

if ur entire team groups up all 8 and ur ball carrier is a tank with gaurd he is likely to not die.

so if u have a lead and have 2 tanks and 2 healers on your team this can be a very viable and conservative strategy

Edited by Cubertt

Quite a few people are more interested in Valor than they are wins. Winning a WZ early unfortunately does not compensate well enough as opposed to riding out the timer and farming medals/kills for sport.

The solution to that problem is to get into a premade yourself and avoid getting steamrolled.

Edited by JohnSixteen

Even better when the same premade exploits the double queue over and over, and you have to get farmed 11v8 for 11 minutes.

Love that exploit...

Until you get more valor for winning than farming medals and kills, nothing will change... Our guild farms, too. At least we do it 8v8. I hate it too, but I want to be battlemaster, so :S

Edited by AntoniusDelitan

I personally don't care that much about being farmed or not, but i guess anyone who plays this game does it to have fun, and this is not fun at all :p i mean new players will get the wrong impression of what PVP really is about.. well in SWTOR maybe this is the truth :p BUT i really wish ppl could think outside the box for a sec and not only think about themselves..

I don't think that this is "OK" and For me PVP is all about skill.. not Gear and premades.

Don't get mad, get even.

Keep at it and you will have your opportunity to dish out what you recieved.

We did it in Hutt Ball to the imps one night. They got so mad that they pulled the ball carrier across their own line to end their nightmare.

Revenge tastes sweet.

Don't get mad, get even.

We did it in Hutt Ball to the imps one night. They got so mad that they pulled the ball carrier across their own line to end their nightmare.

Revenge tastes sweet.

I ran into the same scenario last night, except they used force push to knock the ball carrier over their own goal lol, it was rather pro.

Don't get mad, get even.

Revenge tastes sweet.

Poor republican... You don't even know how to farm properly... *** has your ball carrier doing anywhere near the scoreline :)

I personally don't care that much about being farmed or not, but i guess anyone who plays this game does it to have fun, and this is not fun at all :p i mean new players will get the wrong impression of what PVP really is about.. well in SWTOR maybe this is the truth :p BUT i really wish ppl could think outside the box for a sec and not only think about themselves..

I don't think that this is "OK" and For me PVP is all about skill.. not Gear and premades.

lol you should stick to singleplayer games

So I sent a ticket regarding higher level premades farming low levels in Huttball after scoring 5 - 0 within 4 minutes. 4 sorcerer 45+ premade from the same guild. Passing us the ball as soon as they got the ball, killing us instanly. And just got the answer that its not a violation/abuse of the current pvp system.

So I encourage EVERYONE that plays pvp to do this:

Make a premade of 4, above lvl 40 or with very good team play.

Destroy the opposing team COMPLETELY, don't let them have ANY fun at all in that warzone you guys have entered, farm the **** out of them, Make them wish that they NEVER EVER tried PVP in this game!

This last part is VERY IMPORTANT! Make everyone on your team do /laugh at the same time several times while you're in the warzone ! :)

This is the message i got from the Support:

"I am Protocol Droid W4-U9 of Human-Cyborg Relations of Human-Cyborg Relations...

I have received your transmission regarding the players you suspect of abusing the warzone match you participated. We do apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused you. However, rest assured I will be assisting you with this.

The game's warzone events was designed to eliminate the opposing team as much as possible, and with other varying objectives on the side note. Regarding Huttball, it may be the tactic of the opposing team to score as much as possible first and then eliminate the opposing team. With the information you provided, we do not see anything that the opposing team violated related to the warzone match.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with.

Galactic Support is our specialty...

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid W4-U9 (aka Gerhard)

Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service"

Go level.

This has got to be a troll. Either that or you are new to PVP because there is NOTHING wrong with what the other team did.

Stop your whining. Im so sick of you babies. GO back to screaming for nerfs cause you are bad.

First of all Im not new to MMO's or PVP, but we may think differently. I personally don't think that the PVP system is ok if its being abused like this to get gear. I made the thread for Bioware to see what they maybe have done wrong. This isnt PVP this is just farming ppl to get gear, it has nothing to do with skill whatsoever.

What you Think PVP is all about:

GEAR

PWN

FARM

NOOB

I PWN

IM BEST IN WORLD

ME LIKE MEAT

ME KILL

am I right? ;)