New Cartel Mounts drop rate is ridiculous!!

Shynymist

I purchased 9 Hypercrates: Trackers Bounty Packs on my account and 6 on the account I have for my daughter...that is 316 packs!! There was NOT ONE Raptor pet, NOT ONE Coastal varactyl and NOT ONE Flatland Zeldrate drop! It seems to me the drop rate for these items are a bit on the RIDICULOUS LOW side! I've spent a small fortune (my choice) for a chance to win those items. With that many packs it seems there should have been at least 1 drop!

Anyone else see a problem with the drop rate of these items?

I put in a ticket to ask why and was told to go to the suggestion thread of the Forums. I went there and there is no place for a complaint post on this subject. :mad::mad::mad:

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I'm a subscriber and spend all my coins basically on the packs. On average I get one mount for every 10 packs I purchase. When I first tried the freelancer pack, I got a veractyl mount on my 2nd try...I haven't seen one drop since.

No one is forcing you to buy the hypercrates. Last I checked, it's a game of chance and as such, luck of the draw is the rule.

If you don't like it, do the same I do: Wait for the BoP to wear off and buy the mount from the GTN. Or, instead of going wild and buying a zillion crates, opening and NOT getting what you want, just sell them on the GTN instead. I'm fairly sure you'll get enough creds to buy the mount eventually.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I purchased 9 Hypercrates: Trackers Bounty Packs on my account and 6 on the account I have for my daughter...that is 316 packs!! There was NOT ONE Raptor pet, NOT ONE Coastal varactyl and NOT ONE Flatland Zeldrate drop! It seems to me the drop rate for these items are a bit on the RIDICULOUS LOW side! I've spent a small fortune (my choice) for a chance to win those items. With that many packs it seems there should have been at least 1 drop!

I put in a ticket to ask why and was told to go to the suggestion thread of the Forums. I went there and there is no place for a complaint post on this subject. :mad::mad::mad:

I'm not trying to troll, but all I will say is welcome to the world of random number generation. For everyone like you, there's someone that probably had each mount drop two or three times or more and possibly bought less packs as well.

It's not like if one buys 20 packs, and there's a 5 percent chance of an item dropping (to use random figures) that you WILL get the item. It just means you have 20 chances to roll five percent or less. You just had horrid luck and never rolled whatever number is needed to hit the mounts.

Anyway, take a look at what you DID get with each pack. See what they sell for on the GTN. Some of the items might be fairly uncommon as well, and thus sell well. Some of the ink dye packs can sell for a small fortune if nothing else. Sell those items on the market once they unlock, and then buy whatever mount(s) you want. It's what I do when I buy a few packs wanting something specific but don't hit the item.

BioWare must be laughing all the way to the bank.

yah uh..this.

It's what happens when you gamble....

but keep throwing money at them. Go on.

They'll add more fluff to take space in packs that are one-time-use items (like the jawagrams and markers) and keep laughing.

while you throw money at them left and right to get the one thing you want.

You all do know what random and rare mean right? maybe you should look it up between taking out cash to toss at BioWare

yah uh..this.

It's what happens when you gamble....

but keep throwing money at them. Go on.

They'll add more fluff to take space in packs that are one-time-use items (like the jawagrams and markers) and keep laughing.

while you throw money at them left and right to get the one thing you want.

You all do know what random and rare mean right? maybe you should look it up between taking out cash to toss at BioWare

There are no Rare items anymore. Only Super Rare, so you pay 240CC for an account wide unlock. :D

Shy!!!

*** are you doing, 15 hyper Crates. Thats OVER 600.00$ worth of cartel coins.

Jesus, you could of just bought 600.00$ worth of credits from a gold seller and purchased whatever you wanted or even buy thing off the CC store and sell them on the GTN if you saved all the CC's over the months.

*** WERE YOU THINKING

(god I hope this a troll post)

All true and well, but I still say after 316 packs opened back to back there should have been a drop in that amount of items...instead, I get a crap load of dancer outfits, one time use markers and even a couple green pvp adrenals! Granted, I did get several crystals. But, I still say the drop rate is horrible. Even rare drops from beasts drop more often!

all true and well, but i still say after 316 packs opened back to back there should have been a drop in that amount of items...instead, i get a crap load of dancer outfits, one time use markers and even a couple green pvp adrenals! Granted, i did get several crystals. But, i still say the drop rate is horrible. Even rare drops from beasts drop more often!

grrrrrrrr.........

@Shynymist

Do what I do. Buy a hypergate. Sell it on the GTN. Buy the mount you want and then some! I do it for every mount and I have all the ones I could ever want! ;) Hypergates sell for about 5-6mil. The mount always cost about 2mil about 2 days after launch of the new pack.

Edited by Zergnaut

Shy!!!

Jesus, you could of just bought 600.00$ worth of credits from a gold seller and purchased whatever you wanted or even buy thing off the CC store and sell them on the GTN if you saved all the CC's over the months.

*** WERE YOU THINKING

Unfortunately this is not a troll post....and buying from a gold seller will only get me banned or hacked ;)

LOL why not just be senseable and but a mount off the GTN its people like you that sell the gear on the GTN supplying us all not complaing or anythink but hell how many packs do you wana buy really? at this rate wont be long until bioware say they can afford to do a good class story for us all

LOL why not just be senseable and but a mount off the GTN its people like you that sell the gear on the GTN supplying us all not complaing or anythink but hell how many packs do you wana buy really? at this rate wont be long until bioware say they can afford to do a good class story for us all

I told the person the same thing. One hypergate on the GTN sells more the price of almost tripple the mount itself :D

Edited by Zergnaut

Shy!!!

*** WERE YOU THINKING

Yeah, I was bit stunned myself. That's a mortgage payment, being dropped on freaking pixels, that aren't real, and that will taken away when the game folds, whenever.

That's just freaking insane. There is having fun, and then there is having a problem. *shakes head*

Why do people continue to gamble and buy these packs? it just shows that suckers like this will throw their money away for nothing and encourages bioware to put all the cool items we SHOULD be able to get as subscribers into these packs, these items should be in game rewards for loyal subs not a g amble taking away dev time of subs.

Why do people continue to gamble and buy these packs? it just shows that suckers like this will throw their money away for nothing and encourages bioware to put all the cool items we SHOULD be able to get as subscribers into these packs, these items should be in game rewards for loyal subs not a g amble taking away dev time of subs.

It's fluff mostly. Get over it or just do like some of us really: Do lots and lots of dailies and weeklies, in order to amass enough credits to buy the stuff you care for in the GTN.

It's an MMORPG. Grind - or whatever you call it - is a part of it to obtain what you want, whether is gear or fluff.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

It's fluff mostly. Get over it or just do like some of us really: Do lots and lots of dailies and weeklies, in order to amass enough credits to buy the stuff you care for in the GTN.

It's an MMORPG. Grind - or whatever you call it - is a part of it to obtain what you want, whether is gear or fluff.

I don't think that was the point...the point isn't that the person bought a few packs...the point is they spent $600 freaking dollars on this crap. This isn't even real stuff, its pixels. I suppose it's their money, but when you come on to humblebrag about how much you just spent on fluff and that you didn't get what you wanted, when that could pay a mortgage, or a car, or food for a few weeks, there will always be people who stand back, and marvel at the sheer stupidity.

But I have to agree, as long as there are fools giving out that kind of money, there won't be much decent stuff for loyal subs.

Edited by Lunafox

600$ worth of Cartel packs?!? Good god I wish I could waste that kind of money on entertainment.

For half of that money, the OP probably could have just sold of cartel packs, bought what she wanted, and be set for next year or so depending on her spending habits.