Jedi Knight OP in 50's PVP.

Brannicus

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... and survive the entire time, with 2 deaths...

OP may or may not be a troll. But to me it seems like almost everyone that hates smash talks and thinks just like that. I don't even know where to begin to argue.

Getting tired of all the call for nerfs. I do not wanna sound rude or anything but learn to play, ofc u die instantly if u are wearing pve gear or recruit (u would do that VS any good geared good player), but lets face it 400k dmg is not that much any good player in any dps spec is able to do it. I can agree that smash specc is a easy specc to play but its a big difference between good smashers and the FOTM smashers and at least snipers, PT's and sorcs can be on par in dmg done compared to a good smasher.

Nuff said, those are the facts.

Tanking, hard to kill, doing 400K+ dmg a WZ?

Get with the program EA, nerf them down to mortal levels.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh wow, you're serious.

Shut up and sit down, there are specs other than smash.

Getting tired of all the call for nerfs. I do not wanna sound rude or anything but learn to play, ofc u die instantly if u are wearing pve gear or recruit (u would do that VS any good geared good player), but lets face it 400k dmg is not that much any good player in any dps spec is able to do it. I can agree that smash specc is a easy specc to play but its a big difference between good smashers and the FOTM smashers and at least snipers, PT's and sorcs can be on par in dmg done compared to a good smasher.

When the chances of winning go up dramatically the more smashers you stack, then something is horribly wrong. Fighting one smasher is not difficult, most classes can kite to some degree or soak the damage with a CD and then fight back. Dealing with 4 or more is just not possible in certain games. I've noticed in particular that tight quarters in Hypergate and VoidStar lead to the team with more smashers winning 95% of the time. When four people jump in and 6500 AOE the entire enemy team (or God forbid have two bubble stunners backing them up), there is a massive issue with balance. It's to the point where some servers have come to gentleman's agreements not to bring smashers and bubble stunners to ranked games. When the community takes action on its own to keep certain specs out of ranked games because they are horribly broken and ruin the game, don't you think there's a problem?

When the chances of winning go up dramatically the more smashers you stack, then something is horribly wrong. Fighting one smasher is not difficult, most classes can kite to some degree or soak the damage with a CD and then fight back. Dealing with 4 or more is just not possible in certain games.

4 powertechs can kill people very fast. A lot of people don't complain about teams with 4 powertechs.

Edited by TheCourier-

4 powertechs can kill people very fast. A lot of people don't complain about teams with 4 powertechs.
Agreed i don't like smashers but they require certain circumstances to be effective where as a pyro pt has no downtime doesn't have to stack anything and is one of if not the best dps in pvp. So what is more op a class that has downtime or a class that spams one button with a relativley hard hitting dot procs and hits hard with no downtime or reprocussions for their burst? Edited by ripamorame

Nuff said, those are the facts.

Tanking, hard to kill, doing 400K+ dmg a WZ?

Get with the program EA, nerf them down to mortal levels.

The OP is right.

The dreaded 31/31/31 talent spec allows a Knight to do it all.

But then, how, could you argue with the OP anyway as he has so eloquently and extensively explained his reasoning?

400K base, when everyone else is doing 200.. Yeah, its OP.

I've seen them do just under a million, and survive the entire time, with 2 deaths.

Let's face it, they are OP and need the nerf bat.

400k is OP and everyone else does 200k?

WHAT SERVER ARE YOU ON?!!?!?!?!

I'm coming.

Edited by WaldoA

I've been playing a focus knight recently, and it has to be said - if everything is going right 1 v 1 you're dead:

Force leap, force push, force leap, sweep, zealous leap .... and you're at 50hp without landing a blow.

I pop my defensive cooldown, soak up your sobs and blows while building focus with strikes, then master strike, zelous leap or sweep and Game Over for you.