Why the dark lords thought Darth Krayt was a heretic

lazareth

Hey guys. Was wondering something while reading the Star Wars Legacy comics and all that and read something that Darth Bane, Nihilus, and Andeddu thought Krayt was a heretic. Now, I do understand why Bane would consider Krayt as a heretic because, well, he destroyed the sith order that he created. However Nihilus and Andeddu were long before Bane. Nihilus being part of the Old republic and Andeddu being way before the old republic area, just not one hundred percent sure when. I tried looking it up on Wookie and I can't seem to find a answer to that question lol. Edited by lazareth

I can see that as a possibility, though apparently from what I read from wookie he was considered the most "powerful" Sith of his time. He even learned Dark Transfer and Essence Transfer after his first "death". I was guessing they just underestimated him or something, just was bothering me seeing as normally Sith wouldn't care, I think lol.

I can see that as a possibility, though apparently from what I read from wookie he was considered the most "powerful" Sith of his time. He even learned Dark Transfer and Essence Transfer after his first "death". I was guessing they just underestimated him or something, just was bothering me seeing as normally Sith wouldn't care, I think lol.

Not much of an accomplishment.

Krayt rule of one dictates there is only one real "Sith" (himself), and that all others are not really Sith rather Sith servants. As he is the one and only Sith nobody has the right to challenge him for rule and he has no apprentice. Therefore there is no "Sith" to replace him upon his death or take the throne from him in weakness.

The Sith Order dictates that conflict makes you stronger, by having no rivals or students to challenge or threaten you, you grow weaker. By not having an apprentice you show that you have not mastered your fear (training someone who you know is going to back-stab you one day is considered the ultimate test of fear mastery).

The Sith Order allows for complete self-centeredness and might makes right, but it also demands that you ensure it's continuation and that the ruling Sith is always strongest possible.

Krayt "Sith" Order was really just "Krayt's Order", because it begins and ends with him.

@Darth_Vicente truer words have never been spoken

@AngelousWang makes a lot of sense, I can see why the ancient Sith before Krayt would consider him a heretic and treated him like they did. Then at that point of view I can see him as a heretic.

@Wolfninjajedi: That also goes along with Angelous that shows that at heart he was a heretic as they claimed.

I'm guessing if he did go with true sith teaching he would have been fine, though I still think that Bane would have most likely still thought he was a heretic in the end.

Edited by lazareth

Funny thing is, he ruled most of the galaxy for eight years straight, hell he built the Sith Temple where the Jedi Temple used to be on Coruscant. a greater feat than most Sith can ever even dream of. Edited by Rayla_Felana

Except for Sidious. :p

Exactly, the only other Sith Order that even got close was the Brotherhood of Kaan, which controlled everything but the core worlds, and were set to take Ruusan, followed by the rest of the Core Worlds, then Bane thought bombed the Sith out of them.

Very true, I also believe Revan got close, but that dastardly Malake shot his ship from right under him lol :p

Revan did not control as much of the galaxy as people think, he controlled a third, and yes he was winning, but two things would have happened eventually either and perhaps both, if Bastila Shan achieved her full potential, the war would be right back into a stalemate.

Revan would've regained his mind again, and realised his mistakes, turned on Malak, and the war would've been over.