Ranked WZ Tracking Spreadsheet

FAFuse

I kept this mainly for friends and guildmates, but figured it wouldn't hurt to share...

Please be aware that I have some games in there already to show how things are calculated - delete these before plugging in your own data.

10/3 UPDATE:

• High score amounts for DMG, Healing, Protection, Medals
  • Fixed an incorrect function for TOTAL DMG and TOTAL HEALING for ALL games.
  • Main sheet will highlight duplicate values in each category. I changed this when I had a glicthed game and had to input something so the averages sheet wouldn't be completely thrown off by a zero value. I simply duplicated the previous games info. You can also see in my examply game that since I no longer run a build that produces healing, I copy the most recent game numbers to attempt to keep a general average over the life of my ranked games.

UPDATE:

• New Fields: Rating, Video Link
  • New Stats: Rating info (Current, Max, Min, Average)

"Main" Sheet: Enter info

Required:

• "W" or "L" for win or loss.
  • "AD", "HB", "VS", or "NC" for what warzone you played
  • Opponent Guild abbreviation
  • Your DMG, Protection, Healing, and Medal amount

Optional:

• Date
  • Score
  • Notes
  • DMG, Protection, Healing, or medal amounts that you don't care about. (Either always log a category, or never log it. Inconsistency will generate incorrect numbers)

"Summary" Sheet: Results

-Edit Yellow area with guild names and abbreviations as they appear on the "Main" sheet.

Stats Displayed:

• Wins/Loss by WZ
    • Totals, and Win Percentage

[*]Wins/Loss by Guild

• Total Games and Win Percentage

[*]DMG Stats

• Totals by WZ, including Ratio of DMG in Wins vs. DMG in Losses
    • DMG Averages by Wins/Loss, including Ratio

[*]Healing Stats

• Totals by WZ, including Ratio of Healing in Wins vs. Healing in Losses
    • Healing Averages by Wins/Loss, including Ratio

[*]Medals Stats

• Totals by WZ, including Ratio of Medals in Wins vs. Medals in Losses
    • Medal Averages by Wins/Loss, including Ratio

[*]Ratiings

• Current
    • Max
    • Min
    • Average

[*]Highest Numbers

• DMG
    • Healing
    • Protection
    • Medals

Abbreviations Sheet:

This is a way to keep track of what your guild abbreviations are. Nothing on this sheet is referenced in the code.

Other Info:

• On the "Main" sheet you can select the heading items and select only certain rows if you wish. You can change sorting as well.
  • This spreadsheet will support up to 499 games.
  • The sheets are password protected. If there is something wrong, or you'd like to see something added, please let me know and I can update it. I will not give the PW out.
  • Does not support multiple characters. Copy and paste a new file for each character.

---------------

Download:

http://lostlocalhost.com/swtor/WZ_Log.xlsx

Any questions, let me know on PM or email: mxofuse@gmail.com

Edited by FAFuse

• 1 month later...

I used to keep track of all wins losses and scores. I actually used to play back on Jung Ma. Remember Jawa Bunny Ranch and Sleens? How are rateds there now?

But since coming back after a 2 month break I stopped keeping track. Too many games and with queues popping fast I dont have time and forget and stuff.

I seem to be the only one who keep track of this stuff?

There's a fair amount of ranked play on Red Eclipse, seems about eight guilds putting teams in.

I've not joined one (assuming they'd have me) but I'm a stats freak enough that I like your idea. Particularly the

note on game 11. Think you could make guild abbreviations a lookup from the list, and ease off on the protection so it could be modified more easily, but your call. Also, getting #Name errors all over the Summary sheet, though that maybe down to the conversion to the steam-driven version of Excel I have here.

Given all that, I restrict my spreadsheets to trying to improve my own gear/play, and keeping a record of who I owe a ganking to. Interesting to see the difference in KBs/deaths and damage done/taken differences between my dps scoundrel and dps merc.

Not really much ranked on Ebon Hawk either.

Monday & Wednesday are "official" ranked PvP nights, and some of the guilds will queue up, even break apart and form some PUG teams to get people interested. Most of the time though, it's same-faction coordinated groups and win trading.

Ranked matches are never going to be popular until the gear gap is closed and cross-server queues are implemented.

How many responses came from players on a PVE server?

I get sick of this crap.

I'll do ya one better: I'm on a RP server. And ya know what? We have a PvP Records thread going too, and our top numbers are on par with everyone else. Better in some cases. Just because you play on a PvP server doesn't make you better. There are PvPers on our server who would mop the floor with some of you guys.

:rolleyes:

Edited by TheronFett

I get sick of this crap.

I'll do ya one better: I'm on a RP server. And ya know what? We have a PvP Records thread going too, and our top numbers are on par with everyone else. Better in some cases. Just because you play on a PvP server doesn't make you better. There are PvPers on our server who would mop the floor with some of you guys.

:rolleyes:

Numbers dont mean anything, thanks for proving my point.

High numbers do not always mean a win, but I find trends in certain WZs, against particular guilds, and different timeframes interesting.

If you make changes to tactics, tallents, or team members, a couple games aren't always enough datapoints to tell if you've made a good or bad decision - sometimes you need more data.

Some will appreciate this, but as many of you have noted, it's not for everyone.