BUG: Revan's Robes

Aelther

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhh... ok.... is this another one of those "This is canon because i say so regardless of what you guys wrote" type of conversation again? Cause it sure as hell feels like one.

I played KotOR 1 and 2 over 20 times combined with almost every single possible decision taken and ending seen, and you don't see me freaking out like that.

You guys aren't fans of KotOR ... you are overzealous nutcases really.

Of course we want to fix it. Somewhere along the line something happened that resulted in this mistake. Thanks to the efforts in this thread, we're able to pinpoint this as needing to be fixed.

Yes, just like the rest of us have been waiting on things to be fixed in game for months now. We want fixes too. Does that make it so? No. Actions make it so, not wishes. Lack of action speaks for itself.

I'd also like to point out that Twi'leks can't even properly wear the set since even with wearing something that hides our lekku (like Revan's mask) we still don't get the hood to come up, which completely ruins the set for me, and many others who made the mistake of rolling Twi'lek.

Can we please, please, PLEASE get the ability to wear a fraking hood, already? I see this as borderline game breaking as someone who loves collecting outfits and LOVES hoods but cannot wear them.

I knew I should've rolled Sith. :(

Uhh... ok.... is this another one of those "This is canon because i say so regardless of what you guys wrote" type of conversation again? Cause it sure as hell feels like one.

I played KotOR 1 and 2 over 20 times combined with almost every single possible decision taken and ending seen, and you don't see me freaking out like that.

Not sure why you're surprised. People LOVED KOTOR. I loved KOTOR. This is supposed to be the beloved, iconic robe of a character that many people have strong, fond memories of. Of COURSE they are going to be upset.

Edited by Beslley

I'd also like to point out that Twi'leks can't even properly wear the set since even with wearing something that hides our lekku (like Revan's mask) we still don't get the hood to come up, which completely ruins the set for me, and many others who made the mistake of rolling Twi'lek.

Can we please, please, PLEASE get the ability to wear a fraking hood, already? I see this as borderline game breaking as someone who loves collecting outfits and LOVES hoods but cannot wear them.

I knew I should've rolled Sith. :(

You KNEW when rolling a Twi that you can't wear hoods so don't pretend like it's a shock to you. I can't either. I have 4 chars I can't wear hoods on but I KNEW full well that I wouldn't be able to. Maybe if they ever bother to release a way to redo our chars I can switch to another species but until then, suck it up.

You KNEW when rolling a Twi that you can't wear hoods so don't pretend like it's a shock to you. I can't either. I have 4 chars I can't wear hoods on but I KNEW full well that I wouldn't be able to. Maybe if they ever bother to release a way to redo our chars I can switch to another species but until then, suck it up.

Actually, I didn't. Nowhere on the character creation screen, or ANYWHERE did it say that I wouldn't be able to wear hoods. For a while, I didn't even know that the items I was wearing were SUPPOSED to have hoods. I'd look at other people on fleet and go "Wow, nice hood. Wonder when I'll finally find one of those pieces?"

When I found out that it wasn't that I hadn't run across a hooded piece, I literally COULDN'T wear a hood, I was really disappointed. Then, when I found a full-covering head piece, I was like, "well, SURELY now that my stupid lekku are out of the way, the hood will come up. Right? RIGHT?" No dice.

Please don't assume anything. Trust me, if I'd had known that the game was going to LOCK ME OUT of hoods, I'd have never rolled Twi'lek. But guess what, nothing ever told me that I couldn't. So please, sit back down, because your argument is invalid.

EDIT: I never understood why it was such an issue to fix hoods for Twi'leks anyhow. What, could they not be arsed to spend like ten minutes modeling a few static lekku poses and hide our other lekku (which they can clearly do, look at the full-head pieces) then slap the static lekku on the hood up? Such a tiny amount of work for something that would greatly enrich the game, really.

SECOND EDIT: Honestly, I could live with the hood restriction as long as when I wore something that covered my lekku (example: Revan's mask) the hood would come up. For reals.

Edited by Beslley

It has nothing to do with kotor. I'm not demanding exact same model from kotor, I'm just asking for Revan's outfit like the REVAN NPC HAS IN SWTOR (not kotor). Also who cares what kind of conversation it is. I have showed undeniable proof that the robe we got is not the robe REVAN NPC wears and so it is confirmed by BioWare and is listed in the known issues.

it seems like some people reply without fully reading the original post...

Edited by Aelther

It has nothing to do with kotor. I'm not demanding exact same model from kotor, I'm just asking for Revan's outfit like the REVAN NPC HAS IN SWTOR (not kotor). Also who cares what kind of conversation it is. I have showed undeniable proof that the robe we got is not the robe REVAN NPC wears and so it is confirmed by BioWare and is listed in the known issues.

it seems like some people reply without fully reading the original post...

Oh believe me, i read it, and all 11 pages up to this point.

The original complaint is real, no questions there. I even nodded in acceptance at first. It's the 11 pages that follow and the replies in them that make my brain numb.

This isn't a conversation, it's erosion.

Edited by Frozenshiva

Oh believe me, i read it, and all 11 pages up to this point.

The original complaint is real, no questions there. I even nodded in acceptance at first. It's the 11 pages that follow and the replies in them that make my brain numb.

This isn't a conversation, it's erosion.

Fair enough.

Silly thing is that they don't even have to re-skin anything, revan is already in the game.

They would need to remodel though, Revan in game was body type 2. So the model would not work for Body Type 1, 3, 4 or Female of all body types.

They would need to remodel though, Revan in game was body type 2. So the model would not work for Body Type 1, 3, 4 or Female of all body types.

They wouldn't need to remodel, just re-texture. All models that make Revan's outfit are already used by other gear. For example his mask shares a model with imperial version of battlemaster warrior / knight helmet, chest is same as a lot of imperial light robes, including the adaptive investigator's chest, and the skirt... Well all skirts share the same model. So no need to remodel, just re-texture. And I'm not even sure about that, it seems more like the texture is simply scaled / stretched based on model...

Edited by Aelther

It seems Revan's Robes (I mean the actual skirt, or 'legs') from the new cartel pack has the wrong appearance, let me show you what I mean:

KOTOR REVAN: http://theflagshipeclipse.com/gallery/albums/upload/reference/revan/revan_all_views.jpg

SWTOR REVAN 1: http://athalran.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/revan.jpg

SWTOR REVAN 2: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120520103151/starwars/images/2/26/RevanFinalDuel01.jpg

CARTEL MARKET REVAN: http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/swtor-revan-armor-4.jpg

The most obvious thing is that the metal ring with straps is missing. Now before you start saying how it is part of the belt or something let's look further, In both KOTOR and SWTOR versions of Revan's suit the skirt is black with a single red stripe in the middle, however the cartel one has 2 gray stripes instead.

I hope someone at BioWare will fix this, because this is most definitely NOT Revan's Robe.

Bug Fixes

Revan's Mask no longer clips through hoods on some body types.

(and even though it's not mentioned in the patch notes, the robe got fixed as well)

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/1149/swtor2013010815031543.jpg

So thank you, BioWare for taking your time to fix this these issues. I can now take this thread out of my signature and let it die. :ph_thank_you::jawa_smile:

Revan chest piece is still wrong... Bioware please go run Maelstrom Prison and open your fraking eyes

Let's hope that at least the robe stays fixed. I fear some people who never played KOTOR and don't care about Revan at all will soon start complaining how they liked the wrong robe more...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So yeah, now only need the Chest's 2nd hood that's down fixed and them to add a cape that looks exactly like the color cape. Wouldn't mind also having his gloves/bracers.

We have his Gloves and Belt. Bracer will be covered by gloves anyway, so we might only need boots, but they are mostly covered too.