So is advanced class respec officially not happening?

Kadoozy

I remember people asking for it from day 1. I just resubbed after quite a long time and I am already sick of my Shadow. It would be really convenient just to change him over to a Sage so I dont have to go through the game all over again. Though I feel as though that is a hopeless wish. Is the plan for AC respecs officially shelved or may they be coming at some point?

I remember people asking for it from day 1. I just resubbed after quite a long time and I am already sick of my Shadow. It would be really convenient just to change him over to a Sage so I dont have to go through the game all over again. Though I feel as though that is a hopeless wish. Is the plan for AC respecs officially shelved or may they be coming at some point?

They said Advance Class respecs will "never" happen. They added the quotes because they said never shouldn't preclude a change of direction in the future. :p So, is there a chance it will happen at some point, yes, though don't hold your breath for it.

Pretty sure it's never going to happen. If it was it'd be on the CM already.

Put them on the CM already(!!!!) for 500 dollars a pop, plus a PERPETUAL TEXT over the player's head, that simply reads...

500. THIS. PAYED.

Would be fine with that.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

They said Advance Class respecs will "never" happen. They added the quotes because they said never shouldn't preclude a change of direction in the future. :p So, is there a chance it will happen at some point, yes, though don't hold your breath for it.

Is there a recent source for the "never" quote? They seem to go back and forth on this topic so much, I can never tell what their current stance is. Last I checked, it was on their "wall of crazy" rather than completely rejected.

Is there a recent source for the "never" quote? They seem to go back and forth on this topic so much, I can never tell what their current stance is. Last I checked, it was on their "wall of crazy" rather than completely rejected.

They've never wavered in their stance, it's just players that kick it back and forth.

No, the quote is from the first year, and they've never changed their stance . It never made the 'wall' only, 'discussed and rejected when brought up'.players keep it alive, but the Devs aren't giving in 'yet'.

I waited over 2 years to turn my Sniper into a Slinger but I finally bit the bullet and made a slinger and started leveling him a couple weeks ago...

LOL, Changing your advanced class and changing your base class are two completely different things.

Edited by Anaesha

I fixed it for ya. :p

Unless those new races provided a different experience altogether, assuming they'd walk the extra mile to rearrange dialogue accordingly, I'm not sure how it would take priority over a bump in character per server.

Not to mention that I find it highly unlikely that creating a new race and introducing it to the game is on par, difficulty wise, with increasing the character limit. :D

Unless those new races provided a different experience altogether, assuming they'd walk the extra mile to rearrange dialogue accordingly, I'm not sure how it would take priority over a bump in character per server.

Not to mention that I find it highly unlikely that creating a new race and introducing it to the game is on par, difficulty wise, with increasing the character limit. :D

I don't know I can play the same stories over and over but playing the same races over and over gets dull especially the ones that are just painful to play like Rattataki and Cathar.

I waited over 2 years to turn my Sniper into a Slinger but I finally bit the bullet and made a slinger and started leveling him a couple weeks ago...

THIS I would LOOOVE to have. My Assassin doesn't plan to stay an Assassin anyhow. It'd make for such a...SW moment that it is ridiculous. Would make both stories at least 10x better.

If only...

About the alt.classes swap(Guard <-> Sent), there is no need for that. It'd only make a mess out of things similarly how the dual spec ruined wow. Let's learn from the past shall we?

Edited by Cuiwe

They've never wavered in their stance, it's just players that kick it back and forth.

No, the quote is from the first year, and they've never changed their stance . It never made the 'wall' only, 'discussed and rejected when brought up'.players keep it alive, but the Devs aren't giving in 'yet'.

I think these comments are inaccurate and misleading, though it is possible that was not the authors intent. They may simply not know the latest information.

The latest quote on the matter indicated it will "likely" happen eventually. One can certainly speculate that a lack of public comment since this interview is a good indication that they have decided against the idea, but one can not claim they have never considered it, wavered or any other inaccurate contention with respect to the matter when one views the latest evidence to the contrary. Here is the truth.....

Will be there any faction or Advanced Class change option available for purchase in the future?

We have had serious talks recently about offering an Advanced Class change option – I think that one will likely happen eventually. Species is likely as well. Doing a faction switch is considerably more difficult for us, though, due to the various quest flags set throughout the level up process, so this isn’t on the horizon anytime soon.

Source

And that was back in November of 2012. To my knowledge nothing on the matter has been spoken since.

Now, I personally think it's pretty unlikely it will happen, and that this comment could have been a way to pacify folks...but admit that is speculation only. Just my view.

Beware folks that present speculation as facts, make sure you seek the information yourself. It is the only way to avoid misinformation from folks that will mislead you, intentionally or not.

Edited by LordArtemis

Probably not any time soon for sure. I mean they havent been totally opposed to the idea after initially saying no but i dont think its really been given serious consideration. If its done it should be something costly so people dont flip back and forth on a whim.

I dont think you will ever see faction change.

I would think no word after a dev post from almost 2 years ago and no Bioware response in a 524 page thread about it after more than a year would tell people that while perhaps it may happen some day, it does not look to be in the works.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=644159

For those asking yet again about factions change, they just recently said as close to no as you will hear.

http://dulfy.net/2014/05/13/swtor-faction-changes-very-very-unlikely/

It is really not all that difficult to look into these items.

Edited by RandomXChance

-skeptical Fry face- not sure if trolling or...

If not trolling... you can't switch from a factions advanced class spec to its own altering advanced spec as it is,

IE: Sniper to Operative.

But switching from one FACTION class to another FACTIONS class would be even less likely to happen:

IE: Imperial Sniper (Agent) to Republic Gunslinger (Smuggler)

I would think no word after a dev post from almost 2 years ago and no Bioware response in a 524 page thread about it after more than a year would tell people that while perhaps it may happen some day, it does not look to be in the works.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=644159

For those asking yet again about factions change, they just recently said as close to no as you will hear.

http://dulfy.net/2014/05/13/swtor-faction-changes-very-very-unlikely/

It is really not all that difficult to look into these items.

Now see, this to me is a sensible view. Instead of making silly claims like "they have never wavered" or "they have never said anything but no, never" this poster points out that the last word on the matter was a long time ago...and no dev comment in the huge thread on the subject lends more credence to the idea that they may have passed on the idea.

In this case, IMO, no news is not good news if you want AC change.

Personally I hope they never add it. Choices should always have consequences. No, this isn't only MMO with consequences.

If they add it though:

- Character level change to 10

- You lose all higher level skills before you can learn them again.

- Cost? At least US100 worth of Cartel Coins

Edited by Halinalle

If Bioware had a very restrictive server population policy (absolutely no more than 8 characters per server), coupled with a very long tedious leveling process I would understand asking for a adv class change. But no we have up to 22 characters per server, in addition to multiple 2xp events per year, legacy xp boosts, and consumable xp boosts that allows you to level a new alt from 1 to 55 in one weekend. So what's stopping people from leveling an alt ?

Personally I hope they never add it. Choices should always have consequences. No, this isn't only MMO with consequences.

If they add it though:

- Character level change to 10

- You lose all higher level skills before you can learn them again.

- Cost? At least US100 worth of Cartel Coins

In real life, yes, choices have consequences... this is a game... were it an offline game, such an edit would be perhaps easier, with or without developer support.

In this case, it is required, but no reason for it not to be there.

BTW, your idea is a bit silly. If you revert to lvl 10, what happens to your class story? What happens to all your missions and gear? What happens to your ship? I'm thinking that you tossed that out without really thinking about it for... oh... 5 seconds... cause that is about how long it took me to see how broken that would make everything.

And $100? Really? So you think going back to lvl 10 makes sense for $100, when making a new alt and rolling to lvl 10 takes maybe 2 hours?

You really didn't think about this at all.

If Bioware had a very restrictive server population policy (absolutely no more than 8 characters per server), coupled with a very long tedious leveling process I would understand asking for a adv class change. But no we have up to 22 characters per server, in addition to multiple 2xp events per year, legacy xp boosts, and consumable xp boosts that allows you to level a new alt from 1 to 55 in one weekend. So what's stopping people from leveling an alt ?

I have better things to do all weekend.

If I could change one of my two Shadows to a Sage, I'd go run dailies to learn my new AC, before actually trying to be a healer in group content (since that would be a mess if I tried it without any training). The weekend spent doing that would actually be much more productive in teaching me to be a healer than leveling a new alt would be.

BTW, plenty of people show up NOW not knowing how to play, so the argument that this would make that an issue is moot, it is already an issue.

I have better things to do all weekend.

If I could change one of my two Shadows to a Sage, I'd go run dailies to learn my new AC, before actually trying to be a healer in group content (since that would be a mess if I tried it without any training). The weekend spent doing that would actually be much more productive in teaching me to be a healer than leveling a new alt would be.

BTW, plenty of people show up NOW not knowing how to play, so the argument that this would make that an issue is moot, it is already an issue.

It is not BW's fault that you are not taking advantage of the tools they are offering you.