Idiotic story decision-please read and correct ASAP!

Talzed

I am playing a lightside Sorcerer. Needless to say Khem and I dont get along very well, so I stopped using him as soon as I got Andronikus.

Imagine my surprize when I discovered that I would need to use Khem for the quest Legacy. No biggie, must just be part of the story. WRONG!! He needs to tank Darth Zash-in his mighty level 21-24 level gear when she is an elite level 32.

Even full healing speced I cant keep him from dying inside of 20 seconds-and all hope of winning the fight soon thereafter. I have wiped 4 times because of your poor choice

My options now are either to spend a fortune to gear him OR put off my class quest till I can solo her.

Please end the stupidity and allow ALL companions to be used!

Fortune to gear? Go to alderaan and buy the level 30 greens from the "heavy armor vendor" there and a sword from the "weapons" vendord, it will cost like 10k total. Alternatively, you can spec dps and kite her around spamming force slow and lightning, while interrupting the casts/stunning/knockbacking her. Heroic moment+shield spamming is more than enough. Or, if you have friends/can be bothered to ask in general, get another Inq to kill her, other inqs can join your class quest areas.

Actually, it is a part of the story. But I will not spoil it for you, you can get to a vendor and gear him up, or you can get a friend to help you. The fight is hard with a well-geared Khem as it is. Overall though, I think that there should be a warning that it may be a good idea to keep Khem around for a bit until Chapter 1 is over.

Actually, it is a part of the story. But I will not spoil it for you, you can get to a vendor and gear him up, or you can get a friend to help you. The fight is hard with a well-geared Khem as it is. Overall though, I think that there should be a warning that it may be a good idea to keep Khem around for a bit until Chapter 1 is over.

agree this should be mandatory warning to keep khem as upto date as possible. that being said i like to keep all my toons as geared as possible.

I am playing a lightside Sorcerer. Needless to say Khem and I dont get along very well, so I stopped using him as soon as I got Andronikus.

Imagine my surprize when I discovered that I would need to use Khem for the quest Legacy. No biggie, must just be part of the story. WRONG!! He needs to tank Darth Zash-in his mighty level 21-24 level gear when she is an elite level 32.

Even full healing speced I cant keep him from dying inside of 20 seconds-and all hope of winning the fight soon thereafter. I have wiped 4 times because of your poor choice

My options now are either to spend a fortune to gear him OR put off my class quest till I can solo her.

I had to get a friend to help me, I wiped about 5 or 6 times before hand.

Personally, I like using Khem, and he's not that bad most of the time. He's not evil. Just grouchy from being awakened from a millenium-long nap with no sammich waiting for him.

That said, the Jedi Knight story at the end is even worse, especially if you're running a Guardian and haven't used T7 since Coruscant. You HAVE to use T7 during the final Class Quest at the end of Chapter 3. Just a heads up in case you want to run a Knight later on. Same thing applies as with Khem here. Keep him as upgraded as possible at all times.

Personally, I like using Khem, and he's not that bad most of the time. He's not evil. Just grouchy from being awakened from a millenium-long nap with no sammich waiting for him.

That said, the Jedi Knight story at the end is even worse, especially if you're running a Guardian and haven't used T7 since Coruscant. You HAVE to use T7 during the final Class Quest at the end of Chapter 3. Just a heads up in case you want to run a Knight later on. Same thing applies as with Khem here. Keep him as upgraded as possible at all times.

Yeah and the funny thing is most people break the "lore" by bringing someone to help them anyway, lol.

Yeah and the funny thing is most people break the "lore" by bringing someone to help them anyway, lol.

I learned my lesson with that! I had to jury rig ol' T7 from the Fleet and Corellia as best as possible. Still hated that fight, though! Now I keep most of my companions up on gear as best I can. Fleet market is great for that. :D

There's nothing stupid or idiotic about it. The story is the story, and the things you do make sense with in the story.

As a Jedi Knight I had to take T7 with me for the final class mission, and it made perfect sense with in the game for why I had to do so.

I learned my lesson with that! I had to jury rig ol' T7 from the Fleet and Corellia as best as possible. Still hated that fight, though! Now I keep most of my companions up on gear as best I can. Fleet market is great for that. :D

I am so happy I never rolled a Knight, I know that fight would have been unbearable for me.

speaking of the all companions thing, is there anything I should get ready for as a Sith Warrior, any battles that will require a specific companion? I regularly use Jaesa and every now and then Quinn, keep his gear up a little, but Jaesa is always my main companion.

I'm surprised you thought you could get away with neglecting a character's gear in this game. I keep all of mine up to snuff and it's not that hard so long as I mostly use gear I found.

even so, the auction house (or in this game known as the Global Trade Network) is easy to buy gear for all your characters.

speaking of the all companions thing, is there anything I should get ready for as a Sith Warrior, any battles that will require a specific companion? I regularly use Jaesa and every now and then Quinn, keep his gear up a little, but Jaesa is always my main companion.

The last story fight for SW is annoying as hell, but can be handled if you manage your interrupt skills well. Watch for his big OHK skill and interrupt the hell out of it. You can take any companion you want into it, but I used Quinn cause he couldn't bear to let me go in there alone.