Alignment Points question

Naimes

Alright Im playing a sith on my server and a darkside one at that. However there are some choices that I would rather not pick the darkside option for. Only I read in the forums that if you have lightside points tacked on to your character you cannot use the highest level darkside gear in the endgame. Is this still true or has it been fixed?

Alright Im playing a sith on my server and a darkside one at that. However there are some choices that I would rather not pick the darkside option for. Only I read in the forums that if you have lightside points tacked on to your character you cannot use the highest level darkside gear in the endgame. Is this still true or has it been fixed?
Once you cap out your DS points (10,000) any further DS points gained will instead reduce for LS points by that amount, allowing you to reach 10,000 Dark.

I think that once you reach "max" alignment points and then keep earning darkside points it starts subtracting the lightside points instead of adding to the darkside total.