LFG system

fallenellaf

I just wanted to say the current LFG system is not working because people seam to prefer spamming on general channel.

Now, I would love to see people use the given system (wich is to type what you are looking for next to your name on the who list and people who look for the same will find you) but since noone is using it why not change it.

I would like to see a solution on the general channel spamming, even if that is with a simple /4 looking for group channel or anything better.

To be honest its not that I mind seeing people spam the channels but its more of that I have to stay on imperial fleet spamming in order to find a group. So when I am looking for a group I am unable to do anything else it seams.

I post this here because I heared someone say "we always listen to the community" very recently. So if people more people like support this it might happen. right?

Anyways thanks for reading community!

PS: I also found this topic but I wanted to keep it general. This appears to be too specific. And ofc I read the "high priority" part. Just wanna see peoples ideas and not keep it on a "take it from an other mmo" basis.

I'd like to see something kind of like a live-updating classified section with its own UI. A place with more info than the /who UI brings up. For example, a LFG and LFM tab with an option to sort by Planet or Flashpoint. Give people space to have a message, and keep track of what roles are covered by which members of a group or listees in LFG.

Basically take the system we hardly use and make it actually useful. The reason most of us don't use it is likely because the current system provides hardly any information and a ridiculously tedious method of searching through it. If everyone looking for a group or looking for more listed in the current system, we'd have too much presented to us in a fairly unsortable/unsiftable manner. So you have the dual problem of it not being used and also not feasible for us all to use.

Edited by Errdegahr

Sadly i think that most people wouldnt use it. The only thing most people seem to use is the LFG channel or if that isnt there the trade channel. One of the biggest mistakes wow ever made was removing the lfg channel from the world. It gives people the choice to farm or to sit in org/sw. Id like to see SWTOR be better than that. A seperate UI is way more complicated than adding a general generic lfg channel. Hence the reason nobody uses it. Alot probably didnt even know there was a UI.