npcs fighting each other cause fps drops

Skodan

I normally average 15-25 fps.

there are spots on planets in which some sort of defending force of an area will fight attacking forces which causes drops in fps for us lower end computers.

one example is under the black sun market speeder. there are coruscant security officers fighting black sun criminals. when the criminals are alive and everyone is shooting my fps drops down below 5, if i kill the criminals the fps will shoot back up to normal.

please either take away some of the officers and criminals or just remove the fighting from occuring. i know you added it to add to the immersion of the planets, but it causes drastic fps drops. at the spot under the black sun market speeder there are 7 CSOs shooting at 3 BSCs, so there are 10 npcs shooting causing un-needed stress on computers. and there are 3 groups of this, so really 30 mobs shooting at each other

there are these types of situations on a lot of planets with groups of npcs fighting other groups.

Edited by Skodan

Another cool thing to try out with fps is spam an ability, like spam the heck out of it, if you have a nostromo or programmable keyboard it's even easier and watch your fps then when those pretty red error messages pop up on your screen. :D

I'll be brutally honest here. I'd much rather you upgraded your computer instead of Bioware making this game look even more lifeless than it currently does.

its not like my computer is awful, i normally average 20ish fps. its the large mobs of npcs roughly 30 of them under the black sun speeder which shoot at each other.

30 x 5 shots each = 150 shots my computer has to process, unless of course you kill them so they stop fighting. when there are 30 npcs fighting it causes an fps drop.

they can still have npcs fighting each other, but instead of having large groups like they have why not reduce it to like 2 or 3 mobs fighting each other instead of 10x the number

Edited by Skodan

its not like my computer is awful, i normally average 20ish fps. its the large mobs of npcs roughly 30 of them under the black sun speeder which shoot at each other.

30 x 5 shots each = 150 shots my computer has to process, unless of course you kill them so they stop fighting. when there are 30 npcs fighting it causes an fps drop.

they can still have npcs fighting each other, but instead of having large groups like they have why not reduce it to like 2 or 3 mobs fighting each other instead of 10x the number

Because that would make it look more lifeless. 20fps average is not good, I only have an average computer and I get double that.

The combat between npc's drops that framerate a little but the benefits of actually seeing something going on in this game far exceeds a few frames that my eyes don't even really process. Keep in mind that the feeling of 'lifelessness' is one of the more prevalent complaints to rear up on these forums.

I'm sorry but I feel that the game needs more of that sort of thing, not less. When I get a game where the framerate is a hindrance I lower my graphics settings to something playable and start saving up for better hardware.

You have older hardware: the problem is your computer. If you want better than that you need to at least get a new video card.