Guildships COST 50 MILLION CREDITS!?

AgentMarakesh

Look, I don't know where the hell you lot get off thinking thats a great idea, but it's not, it's terrible.

Its going to alienate damn near every single small guild community you have, and I can say for certain it's gonna drop more and more subs who were looking forward to this to strengthen the want to play this game.

And now we get that steaming pile on our plates, and don't try to say that's not the price. It's all over the damn dulfy twitch live stream. Yeah, they stated it on their live stream, so THANKS AGAIN for alienating your small guild communities.

Hopefully the BACKLASH you get will make you rethink everything into some odd cash sink cash gate crap, but somehow I doubt it.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wrote a proposal on another thread that they should change the price to be 1 million credits per new thread that people write to complain about the price.

So far it would be up around 8 million and we're just a few hours past the announcement. :D

By the way, 50 million is easily achievable. Easily. You just have to decide you want the ship enough to get it.

Edited by DarthTHC

The whole point of a gship is that it is something people have to work for. did you expect them to just start handing out star destroyers like candy?

You are not so good on that math, eh?

10 Million, hell 20 Million could have still be reached by small guild communities if they worked hard at it.

50 Million? Yeah, no that's a slap in the face. I don't expect people to hand us them, but I damn sure expect them not to consider us just cash cattle, watching us burn out on cred hunting and when the guilds finally do get, they lost nearly half their players because the unsubbed due to the game now becoming a frakking JOB.

I wrote a proposal on another thread that they should change the price to be 1 million credits per new thread that people write to complain about the price.

So far it would be up around 8 million and we're just a few hours past the announcement. :D

By the way, 50 million is easily achievable. Easily. You just have to decide you want the ship enough to get it.

Sweet Jesus, what have you done, DarthTHC?!

Soon no one will be able to afford it! :eek:

50 million isn't even much money in this game. I was actually surprised the guild ship is so cheap, they are practically giving them away for nothing. I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing playr make "solo" guilds just to have their own private capital ship.

200 - 500 million is more along the price I expected.

10 Million, hell 20 Million could have still be reached by small guild communities if they worked hard at it.

50 Million? Yeah, no that's a slap in the face. I don't expect people to hand us them, but I damn sure expect them not to consider us just cash cattle, watching us burn out on cred hunting and when the guilds finally do get, they lost nearly half their players because the unsubbed due to the game now becoming a frakking JOB.

50 million can be reached by guilds that consist of a single account. It's not a matter of size, but desire to obtain the credits... by learning how to do it and by refraining from spending in frivolous stuff.

It's hardly a job.

There's a Crew Skills board right here on this site that will help you turn a fraction of your playing time into more credits than you think.

The choice whether or not to do that is entirely up to you. Either you believe the guild ship will deliver enough fun / value to invest the time to obtain it... or you do not.

50 million isn't even much money in this game. I was actually surprised the guild ship is so cheap, they are practically giving them away for nothing. I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing playr make "solo" guilds just to have their own private capital ship.

200 - 500 million is more along the price I expected.

I respectfully disagree

I think it would surprise how few players have more than 5 million credits to their name. Most players I know have enough credits to cover repair bills and swapping mods around. They do not struggle with credits but they do not amass large quantities either.

Some enjoy the mini-game of acquiring MMO currency, most don't. I am not saying it is difficult to do if one puts their mind to it, just that most do not put their mind to it.

Are you?

Lets take a smaller guild with a group of people that want the flagship and are willing to work for it. They can raise the money in 2 weeks.

15 players that can run dailies.

2 hours on a weeknight for 250k

4 hours over the weekend for 500k.

15 x 250k x 10 week days == 37.5 million

15 x 500k x 2 weekends == 15 million

Total raised: 52.5 million.

Don't want to run dailies? Run some ops and sell MMGs. Can't run ops? Do some crafting instead. Don't have enough time to dedicate 2 hours a night? Take 4 weeks to get a flagship instead of 2. Don't have any level 55s? Raise money through regular questing and take 2 months instead of 2 weeks.

Players and guilds lack money because they spend it instead of make it.

Edited by Khevar

Sure it is, by people who play the game every day and for hours and hours at a time...

The OP was making the point that the bulk of the players don't do that...

Sure it is, by people who play the game every day and for hours and hours at a time...

The OP was making the point that the bulk of the players don't do that...

Not at all. Visit the crafting forums. Psandak (I think I spelled that name right - he posted on this thread) has 2 posts there that are most enlightening and will help anyone make credits while investing a minimum of time.

Are you going to have to invest some time? Yep. That's your trade-off decision to make. How much of your gaming time is a guild ship worth? Just like the question of how much of your gaming time is being fully decked out in top-tier PvP (or raid) gear worth? Or how much of your game time is it worth to pilot a walker or ride a rancor?

The game isn't going to hand it to you. Nor should it.

Edited by DarthTHC

Are you?

Lets take a smaller guild with a group of people that want the flagship and are willing to work for it. They can raise the money in 2 weeks.

15 players that can run dailies.

2 hours on a weeknight for 250k

4 hours over the weekend for 500k.

15 x 250k x 10 week days == 37.5 million

15 x 500k x 2 weekends == 15 million

Total raised: 52.5 million.

15 people willing to do that 5 days a week and 4 hours on the weekend for 2 weeks straight, then donate the entire return to the guild, are going to be a rare 15 people.

It isn't a reasonable expectation, even over 2 months...

Yes, the math works, but the reality of it does not.

Sitting on 105 mil. Made most of that by selling stuff I crafted while I was offline and flipping cheap mats on the GTN.

50mil for a ship isn't cheap, but if I can end up with twice that without even trying hard, a whole guild should be able to do it without trying hard.

Hell, my guild's sitting on about 35mil and that's only from selling MMGs and EEEs from DF/DP drops.

If your guild really wants a Ship, they'll put in the time and effort, minor as it is.

15 people willing to do that 5 days a week and 4 hours on the weekend for 2 weeks straight, then donate the entire return to the guild, are going to be a rare 15 people.

Sure. But notice that this is a very particular scenario. A small guild that wants the flagship as fast as possible.

Larger guild? Spread the load, don't have to work as hard. Not in a rush? Take your time, you'll get there eventually.

It's all about NOT SPENDING money. I learned this on my first toon. I was always always always broke. Broke broke broke. On my latest toon I exclusively used planetary commendations to gear up, bought nothing off the GTN, and sold the mats I gathered. I hit level 55 with 3 million credits in my bag.

Edited by Khevar

If your guild had not been saving money for a guild ship for a while that is on you not on Bioware. If you did not anticipate that the price could be HIGH, that again is on you not Bioware. I know many small guilds that have been saving money for awhile for guild ships and will reach the 50 million credits. It is mean to be something to WORK for not be a hand out. I have no issues with 50 mllion credits and if any guild I am in needs cash to get to the 50 million I am happy to donate. My advice go do some dailies and stop complaining about something being to hard, it was never intended on being something easy. Guilds conquering a planet is a prestige thing for that guild, thus it should require some work to get there, and gasp MONEY.

Casuals dominate the playerbase. Make fun all you want, but they keep the lights on. You can play the game because Casuals make it so IMO.

That said, though the price is steep, I don't think it's completely impossible to reach. I think it's pretty easy for larger guilds certainly. And I also think it's special enough that it should not be cheap.

I just think perhaps it would have been better to connect some kind of HM content and a cheaper price to it, as well as the high price. That way even small guilds had a shot. Yes, small guilds can make that much, but then again in my experience small guilds have a tough time getting members to fork over credits. Not so in larger guilds.

Just my slant.

I was totally expecting it. Somewhere in reddit i read that in a cantina tour someoen said that the price of guild ship will be higher than buying the Guild Bank and upgrading it to the maximum number of tabs. Considering how much we spent in buying just 5 tabs, i was sure we would have to pay 100mil for guild ship. Not really surprised. And don't really think it is too much.

I, for one, am happy with the price.

We're talking a fraking Capital Ship here. From what I've read on Dulfy, Imperials get the Harrower, and Pubs get the Valor.

According to Wookiepeedia the cost of the Harrower is equivalent to 10 years output of a major mining colony.

Wookiepeedia doesn't list a price for the Valor, but it's fair to assume that they're roughly the same cost.

A large guild is going to have an easier time getting these ships, of course, but it's still going to set them back. 50 million is still going to be achievable for smaller guilds, but they're going to have to work harder for it, and I personally think that's perfectly fair. I'm sorry to all you smaller guilds who won't be able to buy a ship on day one, but if your guild decides that it's something they want to work towards, then work towards it. In my honest opinion, these ships are supposed to be a sign of prestige, something that the guild as a whole has decided to work towards, and it should not be handed out for a few million just as a "here you go" for having a guild.

Let's not forget that Guild Ships were announced...what? 4 months ago? If your guild wants a ship, and hasn't been saving for it, that's on you.

Edited by Andrellma

Annnnnd credit sellers will see a big bonus this holiday season. :rolleyes:

Doubtful. Very few players ever even consider this as a credible option, and the vast majority of those who do find themselves either banned or hacked.

That and credit farmers don't get paid much, if at all. Most of them are bots, and some of them are inmates in Chinese prisons.

Look, I don't know where the hell you lot get off thinking thats a great idea, but it's not, it's terrible.

Its going to alienate damn near every single small guild community you have, and I can say for certain it's gonna drop more and more subs who were looking forward to this to strengthen the want to play this game.

And now we get that steaming pile on our plates, and don't try to say that's not the price. It's all over the damn dulfy twitch live stream. Yeah, they stated it on their live stream, so THANKS AGAIN for alienating your small guild communities.

Well, most 10 player guilds have about 50,000,000 so that's costly for them (most of their funds), but they can work and replenish their repair budget.

Now for the really small guilds (5 players). Yeah, there's an issue. There are some guilds that are just 4 people who do Ranked PvP. They probably won't have ship - but they also won't need one (if they only do Ranked then they won't bother with Guild Conquests).

The issue of small player guilds is actually a bit moot since Guild Conquests will require +8 players to really get anything done.

Now I suppose you could have a guild with 50 players and not much :sy_auction:, but I've never seen one.

We started raising funds as soon as it was announced and in two months we raised enough.

Republic: 135 mil

Imperial: 72 mi

50 mil is a fair price and I respect Bioware for making this something that needs effort to obtain.

Edited by BelenUmeria

Erm what?

How does a guild earn cash?(Seriously, i like to know this.)

I also like to point out, that guild ship is a option, it's not required to have as guilds, so why would many guilds and players leave?

You dont see people leaving because they dont get a free rancor mount do you? Same thing, it's a option to have a rancor mount.

Dont get me wrong, there is no way, that i support the idea of a 50M price tag on that, it only makes cash sellers earn more money, cause some people will think they NEED this to play the game and the only way to get that amount of cash while your alive, is to buy the cash.

I rather wish it was more of an achievement the guild could earn, when it got big enough.