Required Level

Jedi_Knight_Jess

I may have totally derped on this, but I picked up my new sin tank today and decided to take artifice and yes, with adaptable armor, glad I didn't take synthweaving either.

But anyways.

I just crafted a purple advanced fortitude enhancement 3. With 10+ endurance, I figure, why not, I'll slap it on my saber...

Then I notice beneath it, it says lv. required 11.....and I'm lv. 13

Does that mean I have to be at lv. 11 and up to craft it, or that it's for that level alone, and I need to buy a new schematic?

I know that basic purple is the highest you can craft at least

It means you need to be at least level 11 to use it, i.e. to equip the moddable item that has it. This is so you cannot slap a very high stats enhancement on a low level character.

Next craftable enhancements are level 15 minimum, so your level 13 Assassin is perfectly fine with level 11 enhancements.

There are lightsaber hilts every 2 levels though. So don't bother too much with REing level 11 hilts (unless you really want them for alts or selling to others) and go directly to the level 13 ones.

Edited by redfurry

Well that would explain so much to why I began to fail at crafting.........and I feel very noobish....:rolleyes:

Yeah, I began to realize that....I kept trying to RE hilts to get the 12 version....but I'm wasting mats

Basically check back at the vendor's once I reach 15 huh?

do you know where I can find wind crystals? I got a nice purple enhancment with a juicy 10+ endur I could slap on, but I can't get that crystal type from TH.

Yes, well, when the number beside the schematic turns grey, it doesn't give skillups anymore, so it's time to go back to the trainer. It's actually good to get a leg up on REing, so by the time you reach level 15, you have your new hilt waiting for you.

You can get Wind Crystals on Treasure Hunting missions for grade 1 gemstones, *if* the mission is a critical success. You can improve the odds of critical successes by raising TH skill and companion affection, but they are meant to be rare. You can try the GTN. Since not many people bother with low level purples, they should not be very expensive. What server are you on?

Yeah, that's the thing. By the time you can actually make a purple, you have outleveled it.

What I usually do, is make blues, use them, and when it comes the time to upgrade them, RE them instead of overwriting them. I sometimes get lucky and learn the artifact schematic; this is no longer useful for that character, but it will be either for the next one, or for selling stuff on the GTN.

Is it worth it to sell blue items on the GTN?

I could spam about a dozen might hilts and RE them, and sell the blues, but would that give me a profit?

It depends on the items.

With artifice there are a handful of blue quality enhancements that sell OK albeit "bursty" (sell a bunch one day and then nothing for a week); and on The Harbinger I have to do deal with a couple of players that post at break even pricing every so often.

I have found that the purple grade 28/rating 156 hilts sell more regularly than the blue versions but the blue versions do sell eventually. But the staple items that I can barely keep up with demand are dye modules - specifically the Black/Blue and Black/Red. The schematics for them are available from the CZ-198 and Oricon rep vendors respectively.

Could you explain what item ratings mean? I see that a lot in the pvp thread, and ops threads about armors being 69 and 72's and stuff

also.....I tried to sell a purple mod, and it said I couldn't because it's bound to me? How does that work?

You probably put the mod on your moddable gear, if you put the mod on something, then it wont be able to sell.

If you craft it and just put it on the gtn, then you can sell it :)

Could you explain what item ratings mean? I see that a lot in the pvp thread, and ops threads about armors being 69 and 72's and stuff

also.....I tried to sell a purple mod, and it said I couldn't because it's bound to me? How does that work?

Ratings dont really matter to the character until 55, but the item ratings are affected by ARMORINGS, not mods, not enhancements, just armorings and barrels for the weapon.

You should craft armorings only, because you can buy mods and enhancements from the commendation vendor for your level, in the supplies section on the fleet.