what happened to guild ships?

leijae

From Community news 12.13.2011

Guild Functionality – Guilds are important to the long term health of any MMORPG. We have a huge list of guild centric features. This will be an ongoing effort that will probably never end. Guild banks are the first thing we’ll be delivering in our plans for increased guild functionality. Eventually we even want to deliver on the promise of the long hinted at “Guild Capital Ships”.

Also LOL at this

PvP – We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team. So far very few people have seen, or know much about the stunning Open World PVP on Ilum; when you get to the high levels prepare to be blown away! In addition to that high level PVP content, expect new Warzones and new PvP features on a regular basis.

granted i know 2.4 is big pvp patch, but the last big pvp "thing" was pre-season of rateds....

Edited by leijae

again you can see that this game is catering to the PVP players and not following through on a promise to the PVE players of guild ships which have been promised since pre-launch so as i see it if the PVP players cry the game changes but if a PVE player complains nothing happens except the PVP players call him a cry baby and give him a hard time. So Please BW bring out the guild ships before catering to the PVP players.

again you can see that this game is catering to the PVP players and not following through on a promise to the PVE players of guild ships which have been promised since pre-launch so as i see it if the PVP players cry the game changes but if a PVE player complains nothing happens except the PVP players call him a cry baby and give him a hard time. So Please BW bring out the guild ships before catering to the PVP players.

What a joke. Catering to the PvP players? If so, why haven't they gotten much updates to PvP anyways? All they got in the last patch was an endless pre-season and next is small, 4v4 arenas.

It is possible they want to include it with the SSSP. After all, wouldn't you want sandbox space combat with other guild ships?

i dont believe that is even still going IMO, think it has died out in favor of simply milking us via CC

What a joke. Catering to the PvP players? If so, why haven't they gotten much updates to PvP anyways? All they got in the last patch was an endless pre-season and next is small, 4v4 arenas.

they do cater to the PVP players they complained about commandos in PVP and that class got a nerf bat to the head then they complained about assassin in PVP and they got the nerf bat to the head now they are complaining the PVE player are winning in WZs over them so now they are trying to fix the bolster system also the PVP players are complaining about players that are respecting in a WZ before a fight starts and that is getting a nerf bat to the head so from what i see yes they are catering to the PVP players and in also looks like to me the can careless about what what the PVE players want or have ask for since the games launch and that is our guild ships to me I PVP and i do PVE stuff to and every time an update comes out there is always something being fixed for PVP no mater what there are still toons in PVE flashpoints the dont have heads and on some planets as well has that been fixed no but the bolster system has been fixed at least sevan times from what i see. So all i am asking is for BW and EA to bring out the guild ships in has been long over due. and also if you look at server population you will notice that the PVP servers are the smallest and the PVE servers are the largest so i think they should listen to the larger number of people and not the fewest number of people thank I await an answer from Bioware or EA on this issue

Hahahahahaha!

oh wait, youre serious?

BWAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!

I thought he was joking too....I mean, they even flat out said at the Cantina event I went to that "we are a PVE focused game".

So for Guild ships, Damion Schubert has said a few times recently that it's "his baby" and while it's not coming soon, it's something he really wants to do and do right. That's the only information we have.

It's not that hard to design a map and it seems they only do so when they make a new tile set for an operation or flashpoint. There has been only 2 new warzones since release so I have no idea what you are talking about. Both PvE and PvP content have came out pretty much equally. The problem is they fired most of their staff a year ago and now there is only a small staff working on all the content for the game.

MMORPGs are supposed to be designed and catered for both PvP, PvE and Co-Op. It's how the genre was born. So stop whining about PvPers.

Edited by Gren-Aluren

I thought he was joking too....I mean, they even flat out said at the Cantina event I went to that "we are a PVE focused game".

So for Guild ships, Damion Schubert has said a few times recently that it's "his baby" and while it's not coming soon, it's something he really wants to do and do right. That's the only information we have.

Then why are there so many PVP fixes if the are PVE focused game? That is because the PVP players complain.

I just want the guild ships that have been promise since pre-launch

Its not just guild ships, there is zero love in this game for guilds. 1 Update a 5% Xp bonus for members which if you asked guild leaders what they would like to see would not be in a top 50, and 1 re-hash of the same item to 10% is all we have had in 17 months.

Thank god we have a guild website as no mail, pathetic message of the day system, 500 character cap issue and more but its something we have learnt to live with and cant see any more guild love in the foreseeable future

Then why are there so many PVP fixes if the are PVE focused game? That is because the PVP players complain.

What are these PVP fixes you speak of?

Do you realize the last pvp content update was last December, in 1.6?

I'm pretty sure there was a quote not too long ago saying Guild Ships hadn't even been started and won't until the SSSP is done. As far as your second quote goes I'm pretty sure they reduced the PVP team to one PVP guy, so there goes your regular updates on that end.

I guess you count all the times that they tried to fix the broken bolster system as pvp updates. You do realize that all the things they've had to fix on live are/were problems that were reported on the PTS, but were ignored and pushed to live anyway don't you? So no, I don't count fixing something they released that was broken when it was released as pvp updates.

The information regarding guilds was asked about at the Los Angeles Community Cantina. In the Q&A it was stated that there were things in development but would take time. A more direct answer was provided later in a slightly quieter discussion. The plans for expanding guild functionality are somewhat large. They are also very interconnected which makes applying it piecemeal near impossible. There will be a point in the future that we will see a large upgrade to guild functions and guild support. Guild ships were part of the conversation and they seem to be tied into the larger plan. No release date was discussed but the fact is that guild ships are not off the drawing board and as long as they don't drastically alter plans than I believe we will see them eventually.

• 3 weeks later...

One thing everyone seen to forget is that SWTOR is the first MMO for Bioware and they have shown it, they are used to develop solo games and the lack of social features has shown it.

The guild ship is an illusion and it won't happen because it needs a lot of time which developer don't have as they have to compete with the demands of EA and the financial demands.

I recall that last year they promised big things coming on our way for guilds and so far the only thing we've got is the 10% xp, Please BW don't insult us through peanuts at us. You even have recognized that the majority of subscribers are guild members and the fact that the latest financial reports indicate that the subscribers numbers are down again goes to show the lack of dedication towards community content