Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Slicing post-nerf, please look at the numbers BW

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Slicing post-nerf, please look at the numbers BW

Volki
12.28.2011 , 06:35 PM | #11
Thanks for providing more room for this discussion. Much appreciated. Slicing should be "unNerfed". It will make the game more fun (casual players and others will buy more from the auctions, and it will stop gold farmers). The current nerf goes way too far and makes it a useless profession.

Pansophist
12.28.2011 , 06:36 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by VioletZero View Post
I'm not saying its current implementation is perfect, but Slicing mission skills should NOT be profitable because of how mission skills work.

It would essentially turn into a money generator. Put in money, get more later. No cost of any sort.

Given how there is not even a time cost associated with slicing(unless you count the ten seconds it costs to order your companions away), it was a completely broken infinite motion.

My suggestions are as follows:

1. Make node gathering much better.

2. Make missions more "risk/reward" instead of a consistent profitability.

3. OR just repurpose slicing to something else all together.
What do you call the other gathering professions? We've been down this road before, and everyone still comes back to 'printing money zomg'.

Other gathering professions do the same thing. You can argue that they yield items that you can utilize, but I vendor them. What am I doing? I'm generating/printing money.

Good argument.

knightnvy
12.28.2011 , 06:37 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Pansophist View Post
What do you call the other gathering professions? We've been down this road before, and everyone still comes back to 'printing money zomg'.

Other gathering professions do the same thing. You can argue that they yield items that you can utilize, but I vendor them. What am I doing? I'm generating/printing money.

Good argument.
+1

letters....
Post hoc ergo propter hoc
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Demorgoth
12.28.2011 , 06:37 PM | #14
The problem non-slicers are failing to recognise, is that the slicing money was driving the economy. It was an easy way of generating cash without the 'hassle' of crafting. They then used that cash to buy from other players who could be bothered. Now there's no easy cash for the lazy, they'll just make crafting alts and run missions for the most profitable sellables, or craft the most in-demand items. There will be more competition between sellers, fewers buyers, and eventually the market will readjust downwards until all the pre-nerf slicing cash is redistributed. The only net change overall will be the fixed price items like training, vendor items and storage space being considerably more expensive in real terms.

Volki
12.28.2011 , 06:37 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by VioletZero View Post
I'm not saying its current implementation is perfect, but Slicing mission skills should NOT be profitable because of how mission skills work.

It would essentially turn into a money generator. Put in money, get more later. No cost of any sort.

Given how there is not even a time cost associated with slicing(unless you count the ten seconds it costs to order your companions away), it was a completely broken infinite motion.

My suggestions are as follows:

1. Make node gathering much better.

2. Make missions more "risk/reward" instead of a consistent profitability.

3. OR just repurpose slicing to something else all together.

Or just return slicing to what it was and 99.99% of players will be happy (hopefully you too).

Syas
12.28.2011 , 06:38 PM | #16

Good argument.
Here is the issue though, you are not selling them for more than you pay to get them. You also have to make (minimal) effort to sell them, whereas with Slicing you could run 8 characters login/3 clicks/logout/repeat
Thall | Combat Medic ||| Kannus | Kinetic Shadow
Dars'yl | Immortal Juggernaut ||| Sudor | Concealment Operative
Ebon Hawke

Obi_Ron
12.28.2011 , 06:38 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Volki View Post
Thanks for providing more room for this discussion. Much appreciated. Slicing should be "unNerfed". It will make the game more fun (casuasl players and others will buy more from the auctions, and it will stop gold farmers). The current nerf goes way too far and makes it a useless profession.
The way it was before, slicing would have been a wonderful tool for gold farmers.

pryt
12.28.2011 , 06:39 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Hajizan View Post
augment missions? lol pay 1780 credits and a mission time of 1h 12m 00s to get some random green lv 47 item, no thanks.
Fixed it for you.
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ...
... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ...

knightnvy
12.28.2011 , 06:39 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Obi_Ron View Post
The way it was before, slicing would have been a wonderful tool for gold farmers.
The way slicing was there would be no need for gold farmers...
Post hoc ergo propter hoc
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

VioletZero
12.28.2011 , 06:40 PM | #20

Good argument.
Does vendoring items you get from missions yield more than what you paid?
I'm a thinker. I could break it down. I'm a shooter. A drastic baby.