Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RIP craft / economy

Voveca
01.15.2015 , 03:53 AM | #1
Well since noone revealed it yet I might as well do it.

Cartel Slot Machine ruined all the material hunting bussiness. You can get like 10 Jawa Junk per 50k in like 10 minutes ...

That pretty much destroyed whole gathering/crafting economy. I personally lost like 10 millions invested in TH missions unlock, crafting mats for artificier etc ...

Just short comparison ... while getting 50 Jawa Junk (cost about 250k) I ve been running nonstop 6 comps on TH (not unlockables) missions, got NOT a single Midlithe from gathering missions.

THIS SERIOUSLY NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED ASAP!!!
It COMPLETELY removed the need for having gathering crew skills.

Price went from 50k per piece yesterday to 18k today ... and is dropping still. Takes around maybe an hour to hour and half to make aforementioned 50 Jawa Junk which is equivalent of 5 characters from top 10 competing guilds on server winning reward in Conquest ... which is really hard work and lots and lots of hours not to mention if one character was doing it it would take 5 weeks, and of course only if his guild wins and he contributes enough point to get guild reward ... but now ... lets just play slots for an hour instead of 5 week grind ... I think thats slap into face of people doing conquest, people doing crew missions and of course all the crafters, who paid dearly for resources and now their products are selling for less than half of the initial materials purchases.

Possible quick fixes - change drop rate from slot machine, increase price of cartel coin, do strong diminishing return for slot player ...

znihilist
01.15.2015 , 04:57 AM | #2
Lower prices coupled with lower overall credits in the economy does not equal a ruined one.
Margins are going to fall, but the credits going out of the economy is going to lower the inflation and make it healthier.

emeraldon
01.15.2015 , 04:57 AM | #3
Mje. This slot machine in addition to the Jawas selling 11 materials is going to be the death of crafting skills.
Stroke my Wookie - Darth Malgus

Omniscientearl
01.15.2015 , 05:02 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by znihilist View Post
Lower prices coupled with lower overall credits in the economy does not equal a ruined one.
Margins are going to fall, but the credits going out of the economy is going to lower the inflation and make it healthier.
Pretty much this. It's not adding credits to the economy, just redistributing them thanks to greater supply. It amazes me how many people complain about a ruined economy without understanding what's actually going on.
Light of the RepublicThe Harbinger Light of the Empire
The Manar Legacy
Irila Aliri Liarrha Riallha
Irala Alarrhi Arrhili Alirrha

Voveca
01.15.2015 , 05:13 AM | #5
You don't get the point ... crew skills are killed, you can't compete with gathering missions with this crappy slot mashine ... what 6 man crew skill gather weeks you get in hours just clicking the mashine ... thats not really comparable ...

Not to mention that lvl 1 char could get artifact mats grade 11 just like that ... that coupled with some other game features opens WIDE gate for abuse and bot exploiting of market ...

Anyways why training TH or UT when u just need to click to get anything for almost free ...

lironBD
01.15.2015 , 05:24 AM | #6
Since last night I managed to get rid of some high grade mats for acceptable loss (10% loss) and since then I stopped running crew skills and selling mats on GTN, also stopped crafting anything for sale but rather craft only for myself.

right now market of mats crafting has crashed beyond measure and even if Bioware remove slot machine it will be weeks before stocks are back to normal.

I talked with people last night which invested millions on slot machines and got hoards of jawa junk ready for use.
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

http://www.swtor.com/r/NP7bNn \ Buddy invite

MisterBlackJack
01.15.2015 , 05:27 AM | #7
Last time I checked you can only used the jawa junk for the basic 186 gear. You can't use them to craft endgame gear. Which btw the 186 gear is already a plethora because of how easy it is to make them. The slit machines will not change that.

Also you can easily get more jawa junk for crafting materials just from buying hypercrates at the same pace (if not faster) than the slot machines. And that's been around since jaww junk was introduce with strongholds.

Its not that serious and it doesn't need to be fixed
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

emeraldon
01.15.2015 , 05:31 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterBlackJack View Post
Last time I checked you can only used the jawa junk for the basic 186 gear. You can't use them to craft endgame gear. Which btw the 186 gear is already a plethora because of how easy it is to make them. The slit machines will not change that.

Also you can easily get more jawa junk for crafting materials just from buying hypercrates at the same pace (if not faster) than the slot machines. And that's been around since jaww junk was introduce with strongholds.

You can't compare "buying hypercrates" to clicking a button. Hypercrates cost you hundreds of dollars, or millions upon millions of ingame credits. The slot machine is 500 credits per token, is A LOT faster and way more profitable. The drop percentages are ridiculous.

Do some reading.
Stroke my Wookie - Darth Malgus

Wriwnas
01.15.2015 , 05:54 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by emeraldon View Post
Mje. This slot machine in addition to the Jawas selling 11 materials is going to be the death of crafting skills.
/Signed
Prices have dropped to half on materials and keep dropping, crafted items have already dropped at least 30% and they also are gonna drop even more and the prices had already balanced after 3.0. I stopped running crew skills, I stopped crafting, I am extremelly frustrated and discouraged. Ppl had already turned to buying CC staff to sell and make ingame money, maybe that is all they are aiming for in the end. BW killed crafting all over again. This is pointless... They should at least be honest about it and totaly remove crafting from the game. Let ppl buy gear and vanity items with CC coins aka real money... Its hypocritical to say the least to pretend this is anything more than that...
MJade - Marauder - MJāde - Marauder
Est'elle - Sentinel
Floor Inspectors @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd
You can't hear a whisper if you re constantly shouting... MaraJade

lironBD
01.15.2015 , 05:55 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterBlackJack View Post

Wrong,
you need 11 grade mats for top crafting schems including the ones you RE from ops.
also for augment kits and parts.

more then that many dyes and other unique items.

Fact is only way to get Jawa junk was conquest (time consuming or crafting which diluted your mats hoard in the process hence balance) or cartel packs (RNG , time consuming as you need in game or RL money in first place).
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

http://www.swtor.com/r/NP7bNn \ Buddy invite