5,0 exotic mats?

Mubrak

Will the current grade 10 exotic mats (Dark Matter Catalyst, Exotic Isotope Stabilizer, Strategic Resource Matrix) still be used for tier 10 crafting recipes, or will there be new ones?

If the former I know where I'm going to spend my crystals...

Edited by Mubrak

Will the current grade 10 exotic mats (Dark Matter Catalyst, Exotic Isotope Stabilizer, Strategic Resource Matrix) still be used for tier 10 crafting recipes, or will there be new ones?

If the former I know where I'm going to spend my crystals...

There is no official word yet on new exotic crafting materials, although unofficial channels say that there are.

My feeling is two fold:

#1 they took the time to consolidate exotic materials from pre-4.0 into a single material (exotic isotope stabilizer), IMO it would be taking a step backwards to introduce multiple grades of exotic materials again.

#2 even if they do introduce a new grade of exotic materials I hope that they would again convert the old into at least the blue quality new (like they did with 4.0)

lastly, with 5.0 launch ALL crystals and vendors that take them will be converted to credits (conversion rates are unknown at this time).

• 1 month later...
There is no official word yet on new exotic crafting materials, although unofficial channels say that there are.

My feeling is two fold:

#1 they took the time to consolidate exotic materials from pre-4.0 into a single material (exotic isotope stabilizer), IMO it would be taking a step backwards to introduce multiple grades of exotic materials again.

#2 even if they do introduce a new grade of exotic materials I hope that they would again convert the old into at least the blue quality new (like they did with 4.0)

lastly, with 5.0 launch ALL crystals and vendors that take them will be converted to credits (conversion rates are unknown at this time).

IIRC, the Exotic Isotope Stabilizers and DMC's didn't have a grade rating, which would mean they aren't automatically outdated. That makes me hold out hope they aren't doing away with them. Besides, I didn't see anything in the patch notes about a new kind of exotic crafting material that would only be available from X source.

Edited by HeatRacer

IIRC, the Exotic Isotope Stabilizers and DMC's didn't have a grade rating, which would mean they aren't automatically outdated. That makes me hold out hope they aren't doing away with them. Besides, I didn't see anything in the patch notes about a new kind of exotic crafting material that would only be available from X source.

They both stay. Eric confirmed that all NiM crystals are crafted with mats from 4.0.