Smuggler or Consular?

adavismkg

This is largely a matter of personal taste. As for me, I have both at 50 -- loved the Consular story the most and found the Smuggler one to be just "ok". However, the Smuggler's dialogue makes a big difference. I may not have found the overall plot that wonderful, but how the Smuggler responds to things is quite entertaining. Watching yours try to get out of (or into) a pickle can be rather fun.

As for the stories, on my Consular I felt like I was doing something important to more than just me, while as a Smuggler most of the time I felt more like the not-hero-accidentally-turned-hero. Consular felt more serious and like you're helping the galaxy, while Smuggler (most of the time) feels more like you're just out on your own, flying by the seat of your pants.

So, if you want a fun character and a sense of freedom, I suggest Smuggler. If you want less levity and like the idea of Important Jedi Stuff, go Consular. :)

Both have rather dull plots, IMHO. (As in, I can barely remember what the plot is for either, as it doesn't seem important enough to keep track of.) With that said, smuggler gets some highly amusing dialogue and enjoyable companions. (I think that out of JC companions, I can only stand Zenith. The rest I would light on fire if I was given the opportunity. I'm looking forward to getting my social points high enough that I can buy shock collars for all of them. Oh, if only I could use them...)

So I'd say smuggler. But with that said, I think that both classes have some of the weakest stories in the game.

This is largely a matter of personal taste. As for me, I have both at 50 -- loved the Consular story the most and found the Smuggler one to be just "ok". However, the Smuggler's dialogue makes a big difference. I may not have found the overall plot that wonderful, but how the Smuggler responds to things is quite entertaining. Watching yours try to get out of (or into) a pickle can be rather fun.

As for the stories, on my Consular I felt like I was doing something important to more than just me, while as a Smuggler most of the time I felt more like the not-hero-accidentally-turned-hero. Consular felt more serious and like you're helping the galaxy, while Smuggler (most of the time) feels more like you're just out on your own, flying by the seat of your pants.

So, if you want a fun character and a sense of freedom, I suggest Smuggler. If you want less levity and like the idea of Important Jedi Stuff, go Consular. :)

A very fair assessment. To me, the best characters for freedom of gameplay, that have the most unique conversation responses in the generic planetary story arcs are Smuggler and Bounty Hunter. Both have their own set of responses for most convos when not dealing with class stuff. Usually having to do with credits and getting paid. lol

I got a kick out of seeing the Star Wars universe through the eyes of 2 hardcore mercenary type characters. :D