Alderaan - Hive Mind LS/DS options

hasman

I just did the Hive Mind on Alderaan where you save the man's daughter from the Killik's. I'm a big Star Wars fan and been reading the series and I know this. No Joiner joined Killiks on their own will. While in the joining they loose their opinion and act according to the hive. When the alignment choice came up, Leaving her was the Light option and the Dark option was to force her to leave.

I believe this quest should be tweaked to 1. Allow "person" to stay. Neutral. 2. Convince "person' to leave peacefully Light Side. 3. Leave with you or die. Dark Side.

They should reverse the alignments. No Jedi (LS) would allow someone to stay under the mental domination of another while a Sith (DS) would find it cruel punishment for them and their parents to allow them to stay.

No, though good story. Also there was no joining in Ender's Game. in the Star Wars: Killik Crisis brought a lot of the info to light.

Not true. Ender joined the Bugger hive while he was playing the Giant game (though he wasn't aware of it yet) and was in constant contact with her until she found Rooter.

In the Bean books, it was suggest that sever others had been "assimilated" (because I'm in desperate need of a better term) because the Buggers where trying to find a way to communicate. It was just Ender who was the only one capable of understanding them.

Ender later came to believe that the reason he was able to beat them so easily is that he had inadvertently began to think like them and could see through all their tricks.

A more obvious example of what I mean is how Voyager turned the Borg into pansies because Seven seemed to have a magical toy chest full of deus ex machina stashed behind her alcove.

My point was, take the girl from the hive and dissect her, and suddenly the Imps have all the need to know to eradicate the lot of them.

She is happy this way. Yes, it's probably the hive mind talking. Or not, if you think about vector (IA storyline), who is a joiner, but still able to have his free will. But it doesn't matter. If you take her, she will probably never be healed, since there is no cure. She will be sad for the rest of her day, even if it's the hive mind talking.

Whatever you do, she lost her free will. Better leave her happy, than sad.

She is happy this way. Yes, it's probably the hive mind talking. Or not, if you think about vector (IA storyline), who is a joiner, but still able to have his free will. But it doesn't matter. If you take her, she will probably never be healed, since there is no cure. She will be sad for the rest of her day, even if it's the hive mind talking.

Whatever you do, she lost her free will. Better leave her happy, than sad.

The only cure I even read about in the Star Wars Killik Crisis, they is no cure except for isolation from the Hive. Even then they only have a countermeasure to prevent joining. Not undo them.

Some people do join the killiks out of choice. It's during the Swarm War series. As for a cure, i know they come up with one eventually but I don't think it's during the time of the old Republic. Basiclly they just re-balance the levels of altered brain chemicals. The prevention method you are talking about is just a block for the phermones that cause the joining.