Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So...Assassin changes in 2.0

Liryc
02.28.2013 , 11:26 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
I've been playing a very similar temp, but 23/23 and I've yet to be out dpsed by anyone but a PT/Sniper, a sorc outdid me in one game, but its doing more than well enough.
I almost find it hard to believe you hung in that closely. Regardless of the dps spec our burst is now terrible and survivability dropped. I was running 19/27 and damage and survivability was just meh. Full infil, I was getting crushed by snipers. Set up on force breach was unbearable. If it weren't for low slash or whatever you assasins call it proc'ing SS, that spec would be completely worthless. All infil is good for right now is the novelty of getting the occasional 9k crit.

....keeping my finger on that unsub button...
Liryc [Infiltration Shadow] - Liraa [Sawbones Scoundrel]
Liryyc [Corruption Sorcerer]

Aragost
03.01.2013 , 02:23 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Liryc View Post
I almost find it hard to believe you hung in that closely. Regardless of the dps spec our burst is now terrible and survivability dropped. I was running 19/27 and damage and survivability was just meh. Full infil, I was getting crushed by snipers. Set up on force breach was unbearable. If it weren't for low slash or whatever you assasins call it proc'ing SS, that spec would be completely worthless. All infil is good for right now is the novelty of getting the occasional 9k crit.

....keeping my finger on that unsub button...
I wasn't coming near the 1mill+ that people are regularly claiming in pug warzones, but 450-550k average, top dps in those games was around 850K, and that was a PT topping everyone else by 150K. I'm not topping the table, but I'm doing well enough to feel I conributed quite a bit, usually in the top 4 for straight dps.

I'm not saying the temp is gonna outdps those, because I don't think it can, but I think it can do a lot more than just hold its own 1v1. I've taken out a couple of snipers 1v1, full tank setups are the only one ive been repeatedly beaten by. Although I haven't played enough warzones yet to know if its a trend or just good luck.

Burst dps? no, not like it is on live, but in general the ttk is a lot longer, I'm playing it in dark charge with 23/23/0, I'm constantly proccing either energized shock or duplicity maul, and just enough energy that I'm only finding myself running low after a minute or two of nonstop fighting. Also, having darkswell & overcharge saber to go along with shroud/deflection helps a lot, I'm also using dark ward constantly, even though in dps(all power, no crit) gear the change/absorbtion is low, now theres 15charges its more than worth keeping up. Not on its own sure, but with 4 defensive cooldowns to be popping, it all adds up. It seems decent 1v1, but the strength lies in smallish fights, 3v3/4v4 is where I seem to really hurt, just enough mitigation to not drop drop straight away and be worth nuking first, and enough dps that I cant be ignored.

Yes my sin on live kills people a lot faster, and I think is stronger 1v1, but by no means are we as far out of the fight as people are saying, its early days yet, and probably more balance changes to come. That and hopefully I can fight some of the people that are getting the scores/dmg in seeing on the forums but have yet to see ingame
Fréd - Supersinofdoom
Lolà - Powertechofdoom
Saciela - Supersorcofdoom