Datacrons and Codex

PadawanRick

Hi, i am currently geting all datacrons and codex from the planets and obviously you can't collect them all being just one class, some codex i can only get as a smuggler for example. So my question is , does all my character share the datacrons and codex?, or how am i otherwise gonna get all of them?

Actually, you can get all the datacrons on a single character. Are they all beneficial? Other than the Codex entry, no. After all, a smuggler doesn't need Willpower. That doesn't stop you from getting the Willpower datacrons, though.

Codex and datacrons are not shared between characters...each character has his or her own codex. Datacrons have to be individually collected by each character.

Sorry i should have explained better, yes i can collect all the datacrons and acquire the codex entry for them, but i cannot get the other codex entries for stuff like "persons of note" or "spaceships" since they require me to be other classes, i wanted to get all codex entries from each planet but no way that can be done then?

http://www.swtor-spy.com/codex/coruscant-codex-entries/27/

Sorry i should have explained better, yes i can collect all the datacrons and acquire the codex entry for them, but i cannot get the other codex entries for stuff like "persons of note" or "spaceships" since they require me to be other classes, i wanted to get all codex entries from each planet but no way that can be done then?

http://www.swtor-spy.com/codex/coruscant-codex-entries/27/

There is no way to do it. The opposing faction starter planets and captial worlds you cannot get.

IMO They should not have numbered the entries or they should have numbered them is such a way as to share the number for the faction specific ones. It leaves gaps in the numbers for something that should read like chapters in a book. I wish it would be sequential from your starting planet. This would give you a clue that you are missing some. Now, you have to resort to third party sites with spoilers to figure this out.

Edited by Owsley