Did customer service decide not to take any more bug reports?

HungryEd

I'm not the only one facing this situation. People from my guild and from general chat are complaining about it as well.

SWTOR staff went on a holiday. Bug reports from an inherently buggy game piles up. Customer service sees the huge backlog and decides; wow, we're never going to get through this.

Solution? Turn off the reporting feature, paying customers be damned. At least there will be less work to do.

Please tell me this isn't so.

Edited by HungryEd
Clarity

Customer service doesn't deal with bug reports.

They get forwarded on to QA for testing.

If you're using a bug report to contact CS, you're doing it wrong.

And if you're expecting every bug you report to be fixed immediately (if ever), you're just kidding yourself.

And if you're expecting every bug you report to be fixed immediately (if ever), you're just kidding yourself.

Maybe know what you are talking about before posting next time. All in game reporting has been disabled, and yes using the ticket system is a valid way to report bugs. It is one of the options after all. Go take a look, right on the list is "Bug Report". Then come back here, admit you were wrong and apologize......just kidding, no one expects people who troll to admit when they are wrong.

But the in game reporting system is bugged. When you press "ctrl+/" in game your open and closed tickets never populate and just says "Updating...". You can start making a new ticket, I didn't actually submit one but based on what the OP is saying it sounds like it will bug out at that point. The Report Spam feature is broken as well and just gives you an error message when you try to use it.

This could all possibly be a bug, but based on Bioware's behavior, I would not be surprised if they were shutting down in the game support system. It already takes them 30 days or more to respond to tickets, and even then they simply refuse to help because they don't actually care about anything that is not related to the Cartel Market.

Well, they shut down the support forum here, and forward you to the generic EA help site.

The only real avenue left is to use phone support and hope you aren't on hold forever.

The lack of a functioning ticketing system is...hilarious. :D

And, poster #2 obviously has no idea what the topic is actually talking about. :p

This!

If you have any bugs just head over Bug Report forums, follow the guidelines on how to submit and awesome ticket, and hope for the best :)

Probably the turn off was not intentional, who knows what went wrong on their end. :t_frown:

~Koko

Um guys saying you should not use the in game system for bug reports are ignorant of facts.

1. Bug report is an option in the drop down.

2. Can't be 100% sure with SWTOR cause I never asked but every other MMORPG I have played had a useful feature. When you made it a bug report it would precisely time and date stamp as well as give /loc info. Yes CS just forwards it to QA but now QA has that additional info that sometimes is very helpful, even necessary to identify what is bugged.

Um guys saying you should not use the in game system for bug reports are ignorant of facts.

1. Bug report is an option in the drop down.

2. Can't be 100% sure with SWTOR cause I never asked but every other MMORPG I have played had a useful feature. When you made it a bug report it would precisely time and date stamp as well as give /loc info. Yes CS just forwards it to QA but now QA has that additional info that sometimes is very helpful, even necessary to identify what is bugged.

This is correct and its use is directed by CS via a reply from in-game if 'bug' is not used as the subject matter. And they will direct you to report it on the bug forum here to with the ticket #.

Edited by Ghost_Spectre

Customer Service do not reply to bug reports in game at all, they supposedly go directly to the internal team but I honestly thing the true description got lost in translation

I think the developer said

"We pipe all bug reports to DEV NULL" ;)

Edited by GythralSWTOR

Back on topic, its actually in game CS in general, not just the in game bug report. You can start a new one but not submit. This is also happening to EU servers.

My thought? When BW eliminated their in house CSRs and handed it over the EA they had to build a new "bridge" to get that data to the new CSRs. With all the server issues we have had of late I would not be surprised if the bridge has failed. As such you can open the window but not receive stuff from (open ticket data) or transmit new tickets.

I got tickets weeks old that have not been opened, I don't know what they're up to but it seems to me there can't be such a big group handling it. It's a disgrace either way, we get customer support in game as a subscriber, but if this is it I wouldn't advertise it as a subscriber feature. You could finish a whole class story before they even look at the ticket.

I'm not the only one facing this situation. People from my guild and from general chat are complaining about it as well.

SWTOR staff went on a holiday. Bug reports from an inherently buggy game piles up. Customer service sees the huge backlog and decides; wow, we're never going to get through this.

Solution? Turn off the reporting feature, paying customers be damned. At least there will be less work to do.

Please tell me this isn't so.

Well that's a pretty jaded view (and maybe justified), but in terms of "What is supposed to happen when I click on the in game question mark"?, yes it does NOW pop up a dialog window titled "Customer Service Help Request" and for me it no longer shows a ticket history and simply stays put at "Updating...".

The functionality of the "Create Ticket" button appears to be unaffected as it brings up a dialog window where you can report a bug (Help Ticket History not Updating). However, upon submittal an error dialog is shown "There was a problem submitting your ticket. Please try again later." (NOW I have seen that previously the last time I tried to submit a ticket late last year).

This leads me to think that while the sinister plan of turning off the reporting back end system to stop hearing about complaints is a possibility, it's far more likely that there is a problem with the database that needs to be fixed.