don't buy those 25 hutt cartel packs

tordo

If you think they were bugged, your proper course of action to contact CS.

I had this exact same problem on one of the previous packs. CS told me they could do nothing. They suggested it might be because my inventory didnt have enough space for all the items, but I know for a fact that my inventory had plenty of space when opening those packs.

Personally, I would never buy one in any event.

What I find interesting is that packs are so popular with players that Bioware bundles them to be purchased in bulk-packs. That says a lot about the player base.

As for a bugged pack. Tip: open a pack.. inspect the contents. If the pack contents appear to be bugged.. do not take the contents.. set the pack aside and open a ticket. Since you would have the pack in your posession, you can proved it was bugged and get a replacement. Be aware though... do not try to cherry pick a pack and then claim it was bugged because they are not stupid.. they will check the logs on your character activities before issuing a replacement pack. ;)

Edited by Andryah

What I find interesting is that packs are so popular with players that Bioware bundles them to be purchased in bulk-packs. That says a lot about the player base.

As for a bugged pack. Tip: open a pack.. inspect the contents. If the pack contents appear to be bugged.. do not take the contents.. set the pack aside and open a ticket. Since you would have the pack in your posession, you can proved it was bugged and get a replacement. Be aware though... do not try to cherry pick a pack and then claim it was bugged because they are not stupid.. they will check the logs on your character activities before issuing a replacement pack. ;)

I removed the one item from the pack, then submitted the bug report and CS said they couldnt do anything. Maybe if you keep it in there it will make a difference.

My suggestion is don't buy them, they are bugged. Asking CS for help has not produced results for me in the past.

They can barely manage unlocking accounts. Something as complex as a purchasing system is I think beyond their expertise.

-Tordo

I bought one of those the ones that costs 7000+ coins. A few them were bugged and only produced 1 item I would say 4 out of the 25. Keep your money don't buy them.

-Tordo

I always buy them and then sell them on the GTN individually... makes me a couple of millions that i cant make up in dailies and stuff since i dont have time to do those because of work (well i do HAVE time, but i would rather spend that time working on my alts)

I bought one of those the ones that costs 7000+ coins. A few them were bugged and only produced 1 item I would say 4 out of the 25. Keep your money don't buy them.

-Tordo

Produced one item total, or one "good" item? If its the latter... thats how it is, they are by no means any guarantee you get anything good. If it one total, that would be a bug and if BW will not help, I think you know not to buy them again. I'm on my own personal boycott of them until Jawagrams are removed as "rare" items.

good luck

I suggest just the opposite! I urge players to buy multiple packs. The more YOU buy, the better this game does financially.

lol how old are you? just more money for owners of company EA/bioware, thats all dude ...

lol how old are you? just more money for owners of company EA/bioware, thats all dude ...

Uh, how old are you...?

Game stops making a profit, game shuts down.

Game makes a significantly larger profit -- warrants new hires and more work put into said game, so it continues to grow financially.

Game stops making a profit, game shuts down.

If the game stops making a profit, whose fault is it? We are the customers, EA is the vendor. If the vendor fails to deliver a product that customers see value in, then they will fail. It is EA's responsibility to create that value and no amount of "support" will improve that.

That sort of support has quite the opposite effect in fact. If too many people show their support by buying CM items (or subsidizing them via the GTN), then EA's bean-counters say "MOAR GAMBLE PACKS".

If there's something on the CM you want buy it but don't ever do it "to save the game". This is especially true for Cathar. Only buy the unlock if you want it, not because you want to encourage EA to create more races. All that will do is to convince EA that holding features hostage is a viable business model.

I've seen a few posts about people getting "ripped off" on cartel packs but I'm not buying it. Here is a thread in the CS forum from someone who said they were ripped off. They even included a video (which has since been taken down):

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6198872#post6198872

The OP posted a few times until I described exactly what he did and he then seemed to disappear from the thread. I seriously doubt people are opening these packs and getting shorted on items. What is most likely happening is what I described in my post in the other thread.

This. As far as I can tell, you can see what is inside the pack without pulling the contents out. You can then try a few things...

Completely clear your inventory, then open the pack again.

Log out, then log back in and reopen the pack.

If neither solution has presented the proper results, contact CS at that point. The pack is still full, so it is easy to prove your case.

I would never... ever... ever. buy the hypercrates. The Cartel Packs are the absolute worst concept to be introduced. Ever. If they eliminated the Cartel Packs and just listed everything on the Cartel Market, like they originally advertised I would be the happiest customer ever and would spend 10x more on this game.

DON'T BUY CARTEL PACKS

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting EA/Bioware! This is Lady Game Master Taghamma, I have read your ticket on seeing those items from cartel market purchase,

I'm really sorry I wasn't able to chat with you in person about this, but since you provided enough information about the issue in your ticket, I was still able to check into this for you!:rak_03:

After digging into this issue a bit, we've received similar reports of this particular issue happening. It has been found that the cause of this issue is related to corrupted user interface files in your game client. In order to ensure that corrupted UI files do not hinder your gameplay experience, I suggest doing a full UI reset.

You may have received these instructions before as it is a common solution to a number of ingame problems. Especially around patch time. By clearing out these files and addons we reset everything to default and you can then reinstall your addons one at a time to determine which one might be causing the problem.

Here's how to reset your UI:

1) Close completely out of the game client.

2) Go into your Star Wars :The Old Republic folder and delete or rename the ***, CACHE, and INTERFACE folders. If you wish to preserve your addons you can rename the Interface folder to Interface.old before moving on to the next step.

3) Start Star Wars :The Old Republic again from the Launcher. If the UI reset was done properly you will see the opening cinematic upon start-up and any third party add-ons will be wiped.

Thanks and have great day!

That right there is terrible response from a GM I know EAWare can do better then this !

Old enough to understand that EA is a business and this is a product they sell. When SWTOR ceases making $, they'll shut it down without looking back. The more profitable this game is to them, the harder it becomes to shut it down.