Bioware: Allow Advanced Class Respec!

Dunzo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which just comes to show how outdated Bioware vision of a MMO really is. Guild Wars 2 couldn't come any sooner to show this multi-billion dollar industry that you should embrace innovation, not be afraid of it.

So let SWTOR remain with it's 10 year old class system carbon copied from World of Warcraft.

Just because a forthcoming MMO is offering a feature no one else is doesn't mean that all the MMOs before are "outdated". I laughed when Samsung advertised for a new smart phone with a - wait for it - STYLUS! The guy in the ad said "wow, it has a pen!" ARE YOU KIDDING?! Its not the age of Palm Pilots anymore. How does this apply? Just because there aren't any smartphones out right now with a stylus and Samsung is making one doesn't mean all other smartphones are outdated!

History has shown that allowing players to do anything they want, like change classes, is a BAD design decision and reduces the life of the game. Options are not always a good thing.

I decided to be patience and wait . Eventually the devs will have to add this feature . Just like with how the wow devs learned the hard way with cata catering to the small minority that wanted things there way. I didn't ever really consider watching it , but I might be interested to watch the quarterly earning report for swtor when it hits. My guess would be that the devs would have to go back and review past choices to ensure a viable future for profits. :D I plan on looking to buy a share or two in order to receive the email provided to shareholders that has the inside information. :p

Please, do explain why they will "have to add this feature".

If you're going to have patience and wait, I recommend holding your breath. I've been told it works.

Edited by aznthecapn

Hi there!

We would like to bring to your attention our Q&A blog post which talks about advanced class respec:

Aurozia: Will there be a dual specialization system in the future? Will there be a possibility of changing advance classes as well?

Daniel Erickson: We have no plans for switching advanced classes - which we see as fundamentally different class designs - but dual spec is in the works and coming soon.

As this thread has reached our threshold of replies, we have decided to close it. If you would like to discuss the response from the Q&A blog, please use this thread here.

Thank you for your understanding as to why we've closed this thread.