Is Time For Bioware To Look At Some F2P Restrictions

shefflad

I have seen multiple threads regarding queue times for warzones / flash points etc. I have been playing since launch and the queues popped really quick then. Since then the game as gone F2P with more of the player base falling into this category.

Now it can take a while for queues to pop I have waited over 20 mins for warzones to pop only to find its still not a full team 4vs3 for arenas etc. But when you look around on the fleet /planets there are multiple instances of these so the players are there.

So with that in mind with F2P players only able to do 5 warzones etc a week is it time to remove these restrictions or increase how many they can do. The longer people have to queue/wait for pops the more they get bored and then move on from the game.

I know subs will say well they can pay for it like the rest of us. But they are not going to pay and in the end it only hurts the game and reduces subs even more as people leave due to wait times.

Edited by shefflad

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as far as i know, they skipped that wz restriction some time ago. (abo since release so i cant sayif i remeber correct never tried f2p)

ppl get bored by that awful lack of playable pve content, not for longer waiting time on warzones.

improved content, make that game interesting again and there will be a load of players which will queue for wz too

as far as i know, they skipped that wz restriction some time ago. (abo since release so i cant sayif i remeber correct never tried f2p)

ppl get bored by that awful lack of playable pve content, not for longer waiting time on warzones.

improved content, make that game interesting again and there will be a load of players which will queue for wz too

Well iam just using warzones as an example. I think this applies to all content that people have to queue for.

ahh kk.

but as mentionedb efore, the problem ist the lack of playable content for pvelers. that is the biggest part of the players. improve that u get more players.

skipping most restrictions would mb have more f2p players listing for ops, gsf and wz, but a bunch of serious subbers will leave. remember the whining for that summerpass.

I have seen multiple threads regarding queue times for warzones / flash points etc. I have been playing since launch and the queues popped really quick then. Since then the game as gone F2P with more of the player base falling into this category.

Now it can take a while for queues to pop I have waited over 20 mins for warzones to pop only to find its still not a full team 4vs3 for arenas etc. But when you look around on the fleet /planets there are multiple instances of these so the players are there.

So with that in mind with F2P players only able to do 5 warzones etc a week is it time to remove these restrictions or increase how many they can do. The longer people have to queue/wait for pops the more they get bored and then move on from the game.

I know subs will say well they can pay for it like the rest of us. But they are not going to pay and in the end it only hurts the game and reduces subs even more as people leave due to wait times.

If they're not going to pay, they're already getting far, FAR more than they pay for. They don't need any more.

This game isn't a charity. The dozens of men and women who work hard to produce this game for us deserve to be paid for their efforts. F2P players are leeches. Parasites. Dregs of society. And they're even worse than that when they have the gall to demand even more stuff for free on top of all the stuff they already get for free.

WRT F2P restrictions, BW needs to add one. Limit chat to Guild, Party, and Operations only.

Edited by DarthTHC

If they're not going to pay, they're already getting far, FAR more than they pay for. They don't need any more.

This game isn't a charity. The dozens of men and women who work hard to produce this game for us deserve to be paid for their efforts. F2P players are leeches. Parasites. Dregs of society. And they're even worse than that when they have the gall to demand even more stuff for free on top of all the stuff they already get for free.

WRT F2P restrictions, BW needs to add one. Limit chat to Guild, Party, and Operations only.

Why such vehement hate for F2Pers? To classify them all with such hateful terms and descriptions is insulting. F2P simply gets them to TRY the game - it's up to Bioware to entice them to pay once they are in. Right now, there's nothing worth paying for!

And you're wrong about any of them "demanding" more. The person you obviously imply is "demanding" is the OP - and clearly he's a paying subscriber since he posted.

Apparently you missed the point of the thread as well, which was simply making a suggestion to IMPROVE the game for subscribers by removing some of the restrictions that slow down queues.

Also, limiting chat because of a few gold spammers is moronic! You don't punish every potential paying customer simply because you refuse to police your own freaking chat in-game. Where the **** do our "REPORT SPAM" reports go? It's 2014...export the chat to a text file and email it to someone who can silence a player.

"Work hard" isn't what I'd say to describe the development of SWTOR lol

Why such vehement hate for F2Pers? To classify them all with such hateful terms and descriptions is insulting. F2P simply gets them to TRY the game - it's up to Bioware to entice them to pay once they are in. Right now, there's nothing worth paying for!

And you're wrong about any of them "demanding" more. The person you obviously imply is "demanding" is the OP - and clearly he's a paying subscriber since he posted.

Apparently you missed the point of the thread as well, which was simply making a suggestion to IMPROVE the game for subscribers by removing some of the restrictions that slow down queues.

Also, limiting chat because of a few gold spammers is moronic! You don't punish every potential paying customer simply because you refuse to police your own freaking chat in-game. Where the **** do our "REPORT SPAM" reports go? It's 2014...export the chat to a text file and email it to someone who can silence a player.

If F2P was actually only to try the game, it wouldn't let you get farther than level 30 or so. If it were to let you try the game only, it would give you 20 hours of free playtime and then force you to subscribe to get any more. Being able to get to end game isn't 'trying' a game.

Increasing what F2P can do doesn't make the game better. It pushes more people away from subscriptions, lowering revenue to EA which prevents them from having the money to develop new content.

If F2P was actually only to try the game, it wouldn't let you get farther than level 30 or so. If it were to let you try the game only, it would give you 20 hours of free playtime and then force you to subscribe to get any more. Being able to get to end game isn't 'trying' a game.

Increasing what F2P can do doesn't make the game better. It pushes more people away from subscriptions, lowering revenue to EA which prevents them from having the money to develop new content.

Right, Bioware needs to improve the END GAME - right now, there's no reason to be a subscriber at all. That's why I said, Bioware needs to give them a reason to sub (ie content...FRESH content and fun content).

Letting your game stagnate, while still charging a sub fee, doesn't entice many people to stay subbed.

Right, Bioware needs to improve the END GAME - right now, there's no reason to be a subscriber at all. That's why I said, Bioware needs to give them a reason to sub (ie content...FRESH content and fun content).

Letting your game stagnate, while still charging a sub fee, doesn't entice many people to stay subbed.

Sadly this game has been stagnating and diminishing in value and quality for quite some time now.

^^ nailed it. :)

Why such vehement hate for F2Pers? To classify them all with such hateful terms and descriptions is insulting.

It's accurate. They are consuming resources that others pay for. They are electing to gain value from the work others are doing while providing absolutely zero value in return. This, if taken too far, will eventually mean the game ends (if too many play for free and too few pay, EA will shut it down as not profitable.)

I believe that, in a business transaction, roughly equivalent value should flow in each direction. In this case, the person receiving entertainment value should provide financial compensation for that entertainment value. To continue to derive value from the work of others while offering nothing in return is exactly what I said it was.

Think of it this way... how would you feel and what would you do if the people who receive the value you produce by doing your job gave you a grand total of $0 for doing it?

F2P simply gets them to TRY the game - it's up to Bioware to entice them to pay once they are in. Right now, there's nothing worth paying for!

I'm great with try before you buy. Love the concept. Not so great with "try" forever, never buy.

Giving away more of the stuff for free that people now have to pay for won't help with the "there's nothing worth paying for" problem. It only exacerbates it.

True enough, so why does he care, really?

If subscribers want more people in queues, perhaps they should pay for subscriptions for those people. Or, better yet, buy a bunch of unlocks and offer them for free to F2P players!

Heck, they could make a guild full of leeches that they support financially if they wanted to. It would be glorious!

Oh, but wait, the persons wanting the free players to get more for free don't want to fund that themselves either, do they? They want EA to give that away for free, on their behalf. Oh, that's problematic, isn't it?

Limiting chat isn't "punishment'. Punishment would be rigging an electronic device into their keyboards that would deliver a painful jolt every time the F2P player did something detrimental to the enjoyment of paying customers.

If BioWare were wiling to take the second easiest step to filter the credit spammers, I wouldn't need to ask for the easiest step. Obviously they're unwilling because it's not done yet.

Edited by DarthTHC

F2P restrictions need to be INCREASED. F2P should be a gateway to being a subscriber by allowing people a chance to try before they buy.

It should not be a play style. There is already an easy to use method by which F2P players can enjoy the game without any restriction. It involves 15 bucks a month which is less than a movie, small drink and small popcorn for far more enjoyment.

F2P restrictions need to be INCREASED. F2P should be a gateway to being a subscriber by allowing people a chance to try before they buy.

It should not be a play style. There is already an easy to use method by which F2P players can enjoy the game without any restriction. It involves 15 bucks a month which is less than a movie, small drink and small popcorn for far more enjoyment.

You say this, and yet, SWTOR is not really even worth the sub price...

It's accurate. They are consuming resources that others pay for. They are electing to gain value from the work others are doing while providing absolutely zero value in return. This, if taken too far, will eventually mean the game ends (if too many play for free and too few pay, EA will shut it down as not profitable.)

If too few PAY, isn't that the fault of Bioware for not releasing enough quality content that people are willing to pay for?

My main issue with your stance is that you seem to fault the people who don't believe this game is worth a sub fee, for the game not being worth a sub fee...it's NOT their fault Bioware is slow as **** at releasing content. It's not their fault Bioware has let their game stagnate to to this point. You seem to blame the consumer for not viewing this game as worthy a sub fee when I see that as being ENTIRELY on Bioware.

I believe that, in a business transaction, roughly equivalent value should flow in each direction. In this case, the person receiving entertainment value should provide financial compensation for that entertainment value. To continue to derive value from the work of others while offering nothing in return is exactly what I said it was.

Flowing in each direction is right. Right now it seems to only be flowing from my checking account to Bioware's coffers. You act like F2Pers are logging in nightly and playing for hours on end, sucking up the server power lol...the ones I know, log in maybe twice a week for their ONE Operation and then go away for the rest of the week. They buy a few coins and get their weekly Ops pass...but that's all they do online.

Think of it this way... how would you feel and what would you do if the people who receive the value you produce by doing your job gave you a grand total of $0 for doing it?

If people stopped paying for my work (because most of us HAVE paid at some point) - I'd look at what "I" could do differently to get them to pay for it again.

If subscribers want more people in queues, perhaps they should pay for subscriptions for those people. Or, better yet, buy a bunch of unlocks and offer them for free to F2P players!
How stupid would I have to be that I'd try to support Bioware's lack of effort? That's really the best idea you have? LOL

If too few PAY, isn't that the fault of Bioware for not releasing enough quality content that people are willing to pay for?

My main issue with your stance is that you seem to fault the people who don't believe this game is worth a sub fee, for the game not being worth a sub fee...it's NOT their fault Bioware is slow as **** at releasing content. It's not their fault Bioware has let their game stagnate to to this point. You seem to blame the consumer for not viewing this game as worthy a sub fee when I see that as being ENTIRELY on Bioware.

You do not understand my point at all. Let me try again.

I fault people who CONTINUE TO PLAY THE GAME while PAYING NOTHING.

If the game was not worthwhile, people would try and LEAVE. But that is not what is happening. People are trying and STAYING and continuing to play for free.

That, to me and any rational observer, means that the game HAS ENTERTAINMENT VALUE. If it didn't, people wouldn't play it. They would try it, decide it sucks, and leave.

That they play it and don't return value to the publisher reinforces every dirty word I called them.

Flowing in each direction is right. Right now it seems to only be flowing from my checking account to Bioware's coffers.

Yet if you truly found NO VALUE in the game, there is a very simple, 5-click (or so) solution right on this very web site to your bank account being drained of $15 every month, isn't there?

Why haven't you done that? Could it be that the game actually provides more entertainment value than your words suggest? The best way to find truth is to trust actions over words...

You act like F2Pers are logging in nightly and playing for hours on end, sucking up the server power lol...the ones I know, log in maybe twice a week for their ONE Operation and then go away for the rest of the week. They buy a few coins and get their weekly Ops pass...but that's all they do online.

No, I act like F2P players are choosing to experience entertainment value without reciprocating. Once they buy cartel coins they're not F2P any more and they no longer apply to this discussion.

If people stopped paying for my work (because most of us HAVE paid at some point) - I'd look at what "I" could do differently to get them to pay for it again.

How stupid would I have to be that I'd try to support Bioware's lack of effort? That's really the best idea you have? LOL

Why do you still pay your subscription if BioWare's "lack of effort" as you put it is so irritating to you?

Getting the people crying foul on behalf of the leeches to pay for the leeches is a damned good idea. Far better than those of us who don't really appreciate the leeches paying for them and far better than too many of them sucking the life-blood out of the game.

Edited by DarthTHC

You do not understand my point at all. Let me try again.

I fault people who CONTINUE TO PLAY THE GAME while PAYING NOTHING.

If the game was not worthwhile, people would try and LEAVE. But that is not what is happening. People are trying and STAYING and continuing to play for free.

That, to me and any rational observer, means that the game HAS ENTERTAINMENT VALUE. If it didn't, people wouldn't play it. That they play it and don't return value to the publisher reinforces every dirty word I called them.

Yet if you truly found NO VALUE in the game, there is a very simple, 5-click (or so) solution to your bank account being drained of $15 every month, isn't there?

Why do you still pay your subscription if BioWare's "lack of effort" as you put it is so irritating to you?

Again, you are acting like these F2P folk are hanging around nightly, playing, having fun with guildies and talking **** on the forums all while sucking up valuable resources lol. They aren't...at the very best they're extremely casual players.

Yes, there is a way to stop them from receiving my $15 a month. I'm well aware of it too. And just because I don't believe what I've been receiving all of 2014 has been worth $15 a month, doesn't mean I find "no value" in my sub...but right now, it's grossly overpriced.

I pay my sub because when I have time to play, I enjoy doing so without restrictions. But maybe you're right...I'll evaluate the value of my sub because you're right....it is getting irritating.

Again, you are acting like these F2P folk are hanging around nightly, playing, having fun with guildies and talking **** on the forums all while sucking up valuable resources lol. They aren't...at the very best they're extremely casual players.

How is it that you cannot comprehend that my issue is with electing to receive value you don't pay for and not with the resources they consume?

How many times and how many different ways do I have to re-state it to get you to understand the concept?

Yes, there is a way to stop them from receiving my $15 a month. I'm well aware of it too. And just because I don't believe what I've been receiving all of 2014 has been worth $15 a month, doesn't mean I find "no value" in my sub...but right now, it's grossly overpriced.

There's a solution for that, too. It takes a few more clicks but you can pretty easily pay for the things you find valuable and opt out of doing and paying for the things you don't, right?

I pay my sub because when I have time to play, I enjoy doing so without restrictions. But maybe you're right...I'll evaluate the value of my sub because you're right....it is getting irritating.

What you said there is that you pay your sub because you do find entertainment value in the game, which is what I expected. If you didn't find entertainment value in the game, you would find something that was entertaining to do in your free time.

yawn.. this again? threads about F2P restrictions never ends well. I say F2P is already good with the restrictions and there is no need to further reduce the restriction IMO. I only sneak in my bro's account to post on forums :rolleyes:

- fellow f2p who is constantly being bashed

Edited by mustopak

yawn.. this again? threads about F2P restrictions never ends well. I say F2P is already good with the restrictions and there is no need to further reduce the restriction IMO. I only sneak in my bro's account to post on forums :rolleyes:

- fellow f2p who is constantly being bashed

Well I'm glad you're here, F2P or not. I guarantee you contribute more to this game than some of the jackholes around here.

You say this, and yet, SWTOR is not really even worth the sub price...

It is. For 15 bucks I get entertainment whenever I want for as long as I want.

On top of that, I actually support the business that provides me with this extremely inexpensive entertainment so that they can continue to provide me with new entertainment.

If you are posting here, you think the same thing, otherwise you wouldn't be able to post here. I swear half the posts about this on the forums are people wanting to go F2P and wanting everything they have as a sub.

It is. For 15 bucks I get entertainment whenever I want for as long as I want.

On top of that, I actually support the business that provides me with this extremely inexpensive entertainment so that they can continue to provide me with new entertainment.

If you are posting here, you think the same thing, otherwise you wouldn't be able to post here. I swear half the posts about this on the forums are people wanting to go F2P and wanting everything they have as a sub.

Well I have no intention of going F2P . What does get to me is just waiting around for things to pop when there are loads of people on my server . But due to restrictions half the server cant play them.

All those saying F2P get enough that maybe but the longer people wait the more the game looks/feels dead and that's when people move on . Just look at the threads all ready saying servers have low populations and if this carries on its just going to get worse.

But I guess people would rather play on dead servers than open up the game abit more to F2P.

Well I'm glad you're here, F2P or not. I guarantee you contribute more to this game than some of the jackholes around here.

And you post that even as he, an F2P player, says that it's fine as it is, a point against lessening restrictions. :D

Edited by DarthTHC

Well I have no intention of going F2P . What does get to me is just waiting around for things to pop when there are loads of people on my server . But due to restrictions half the server cant play them.

All those saying F2P get enough that maybe but the longer people wait the more the game looks/feels dead and that's when people move on . Just look at the threads all ready saying servers have low populations and if this carries on its just going to get worse.

But I guess people would rather play on dead servers than open up the game abit more to F2P.

Then find an F2P player who would like to queue with you and give them the appropriate unlock. Problem solved, right?

Edited by DarthTHC