Opinions on respecs before warzones

tacito

Hello everyone,

I wonder what everyone's opinion on warzone-related respecs is. I frequently run into the following issue: While leveling an alt, I enjoy a certain spec (for instance something damage oriented). Since it is a fun part of the game, I like to supplement leveling with PvP matches - but maybe I like to play a healer in PvP.

Now, I understand that it's a good thing to kill respecs during a warzone. No complaints there. But is it necessary to lock people into specs even before that warzone?

My suggestion would be to allow respecs until you join a warzone. So if you level as spec A, you get a pop, you respec to B, you enter. It's still not possible to adapt/tailor a group composition (which the respec ban was put in place to achieve, I think), but you can enter PvP in the spec you are most comfortable with. The respec before joining could be restricted to level 1-54 queues, but I believe it would allow for easier integration of PvP into the leveling experience.

What are others' opinions on this? Do I forget any problems caused by this suggestion? Would it change PvP matches in a meaningful way?

My suggestion would be to allow respecs until you join a warzone. So if you level as spec A, you get a pop, you respec to B, you enter. It's still not possible to adapt/tailor a group composition (which the respec ban was put in place to achieve, I think).

People were playing classes that could cover multiple roles like Tank/DPS or Healer/DPS. The only-DPS classes would go in and tell you what the WZ / enemy comp was. Players on the outside could then respec their tree accordingly for the added advantage. It is *REALLY* tryhard to do this, but some people abuse the smallest of advantages and ruin it for everybody.

The respec before joining could be restricted to level 1-54 queues, but I believe it would allow for easier integration of PvP into the leveling experience.

I think newer players would become confused when they realize they can't respec inside of the queue when they had that access for the last 44 levels.

Replies in green.