Please do not add the berserker gear in 2.7 or you will see alot of ppl unsubscribing

angel_dust

It's pretty much the same gear as obroan but with a color module and + 4 stats attached to it. The grind for it it's just not worth it. Especially for some of us with 10+ lv 55 toons, I'm barely gearing up all my toons with full obroan. With work, family and every day life events, I and im sure a lot of people don't have time to re grind every single toon. Give us atleased a year with the current gear before you release new gear. How about you work on releasing new warzone maps and pvp events instead of recoloring old pvp gear and calling it NEW TIER.

I rather quit the game for wildstar and elder scroll, then to grind endless amount of hours for new colored obroan gear aka berserker gear.

Ever since Tait let it slip that 2.7 will bring another tier of PvP gear here, there has been a flood of posts imploring BW to rethink the decision.

The point of this thread is to collect those concerns so they won't be lost in the Bolster thread.

A new PvP tier is not progression. It is just needless grinding that does nothing for PvPers. If you want to fix gear, please just fix bolster so that Obroan is BiS.

Just from that one thread alone, in less than 24 hours, here are the concerns posted by the community on the issue:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see What's the problem, most regular pvpers are full obroan and comms capped on multiple toons

What else are you going to spend your pvp comms on? If you have fun playing then acquiring the gear shouldn't be an issue.

Conquer obroan and berserk are all pretty close stat wise so you cant say you'll be at a

Disadvantage unless you firmly believe gear triumphs skill.

So make up your minds people, is it an advantage, or isn't it?

If you feel the stat boost is minimal, and therefore not worth the time and effort, then why worry about grinding it out?

If you feel the stat boost does provide an advantage, then having that edge is enough to justify grinding out a new set.

And as someone else already mentioned, did you have something better to spend your comms on if you're supposedly such an avid PVPer?

MMO's are clearly not for you. Each time a new season starts, a new tier of gear is intorduced. It's always been that way no matter what MMO you play. Yes it's going to suck grinding out new gear, but that's how MMO's roll. You must be new to them.

Someone at Bioware really wants this game to be over and done so he can be laid off with benefits or transferred to a more interesting project. Hence all the retarded stupid patch decisions being made.

The new gear being just a recolored obroan is just adding insult to injury. It's a disgrace for Bioware.

Edited by darksidefi

MMO's are clearly not for you. Each time a new season starts, a new tier of gear is intorduced. It's always been that way no matter what MMO you play. Yes it's going to suck grinding out new gear, but that's how MMO's roll. You must be new to them.

like I said in another post: for example WoW. Plus the Skins change in other games, they don't get re colored

WoW also has millions of players with cross server pvp. So you don't have to wait 10-20-30 minutes for a q to pop. Which makes it fast and easy to grind gear. Also in WoW you don't get farmed by the same group over and over and over again, You face new teams and their Matchmaking actually works. Imagine that!!!

I don't see What's the problem, most regular pvpers are full obroan and comms capped on multiple toons

What else are you going to spend your pvp comms on? If you have fun playing then acquiring the gear shouldn't be an issue.

Conquer obroan and berserk are all pretty close stat wise so you cant say you'll be at a

Disadvantage unless you firmly believe gear triumphs skill.

This is true...I don't have any more alts to deck-out in PvP gear either....I mean I could look at other games but then who would spend a fortune on CM stuff!!

Already doing the grind on multiple toons to get them geared, including my Sin who needs both a Tank and DPS set as I've found myself enjoying both roles. I suppose since the stat gain is minimal it's not a horrid thing, but in that case I don't know how much of an incentive recolors and minor stat tweaks will be to the grind.

I agree as someone mentioned in another thread that raising the Comm cap and adding more unique PvP awards that would be purchasable with Comms would be a much more attractive return for players.

Already doing the grind on multiple toons to get them geared, including my Sin who needs both a Tank and DPS set as I've found myself enjoying both roles. I suppose since the stat gain is minimal it's not a horrid thing, but in that case I don't know how much of an incentive recolors and minor stat tweaks will be to the grind.

I agree as someone mentioned in another thread that raising the Comm cap and adding more unique PvP awards that would be purchasable with Comms would be a much more attractive return for players.

Definitely. Just finished obroan min/maxing for five toons and is completely boring doing that again. Give 100000 wz comms reward instead.

Edited by Aetideus

And as someone else already mentioned, did you have something better to spend your comms on if you're supposedly such an avid PVPer?

See. This is the real problem. You literally have nothing to grind for. Just a grind. You're not playing toward a real reward and are repeating the same content over and over.

I will say that people need to figure that out and decide if they really like this game for sure and if they would enjoy something else more. The fact that it is the current Star Wars MMO clouds peoples judgement.

Just now adding Oberon to my Vanguard and Powertech. The rest of my 55s are wearing Partisan still. Just can't keep up. I'd like to, but don't use my other 55s in PvP because their gear now sucks. We don't need another gear progression. The devs need to come up with something more creative to do with our wz comms than just another gear grind. It takes way to much time gearing out every 55 I have now as it is now, now it will be worse.

http://i.imgur.com/rH3omKR.jpg

Left obroan, right new tier. Geared/itemised the same. On fleet stats. (gap will probably be less in a wz due to weapon getting bolstered to high tier pve weapon). I wouldn't say its a game breaking gap tbh..

I always just gear my 2 main classes (sent/mara legacy gear, sorc/sage legacy gear..) with the top tier min/maxed anyway and have the others in the standard stuff xD. One can only live once you know.. and i never felt overly gimped on the alts these days that i have in conqueror.. :p

Edited by AngusFTW

You whiners are hilarious.

'I don't want to grind again for all my alts'

LAWL

Don't let the door hit ye on your way out.

For sure BW won't add new content in case you'd need to get it for many toons. That's totally a valid reason.

LAWL

For sure BW won't add new content in case you'd need to get it for many toons. That's totally a valid reason.

Spoken like a pver, pvpers dont need more gear grind.

LAWL

BW should add as much content as possible and require new gear to clear it. There is no new content restriction in PvP. Just loss of time and comms instead of meaningfull rewards.

Edited by Aetideus

Unsubscribing to an MMO that clearly has gear grinds, because it introduces a new tier of gear? lmao

A new tier of gear gives people more of an incentive to play. Its an MMO. New tiers of gear gets added every few months. That's how this MMO works. Obroan has been out for what? half a year. That's a long time.

People should be more angry about them not tweaking expertise. Gear scales better with DPS than healers and tanks. You'll be seeing a greater crit to non crit damage ratio with the new gear, because of multipliers. In other words, RNG becomes more of a factor. The expertise stat is designed to allow the developers to adjust pvp numbers with new gear levels. Introducing a new tier of gear, but leaving expertise the same, is careless.