Ranked Warzones, when would be the ideal time to run Ranked?

JohnElias

Black Sun will be Qing up more often. We're in the process of readjusting roles, power leveling our alts for a good competitive composition, and gearing our members in WH+.

Notable teams to consider seeing in the future are:

Prototype

and

Warcloud

and some of the veteran guilds like Jenjidai, Nightmare Squadran, The Imperial Guard, hopefully with 1.6 ranked can become a regular thing, both on the Imperial and Republic sides. The more teams, the less chances of playing against the same team 5 times in a row. Diversity is what makes things fun.

Give us another week, and we'll start Qing more often.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angeli Aetherii won't be queuing on Tuesdays and Thursdays any more, not that we've been able to reliably for the past month anyway. We used to run reliably on Mondays and Wednesdays, back when we promoted and encouraged the server to run on those nights. We switched to Tuesdays and Thursdays to accommodate some other guilds but it just isn't working for us.

As such, we're going back to Mondays and Wednesdays starting this Wednesday, the 19th. Hopefully we'll see some of you out there. :)

So a few things have been posted that caught my attention so I thought I would chime in. The Sky Wardens are bgininning to rally our forces for ranked wzs and did a match the other day and although we lost it was an extremely close match. Maybe not in shear dps or heals but neither team was able to drop a door. (Aerencor was 0.1 seconds shy) That is a match that I could do over and over but like a few have stated its tough to get an entire group from the Sky Wardens to do it because we are still trying to work out our particular kinks like gear/communication. Now on the flip side of that its everyone's individual responsibility to grind to get coms and gear. I optimized well before the elite gear (crap except for the armorings imho) and did it pretty much solo. In all honesty I'm sure that most of us that are actually geared for ranked did the same which is why we are where we are. Now you can argue that gear is a crutch but lets be honest. If the sky wardens queue with me optimized and maybe 1 or 2 more and a bunch of half geared players and go against a team that is complete we will lose due to pure numbers. And this comes down to the fact that no person can go against 3 or more at a time effectively and we do get singled out but thats fine...its a strategy that works and no doubt we would do the same.

As far as the intent of this thread like I said The Sky Wardens are going to queue and are setting a schedule to match when other guilds run. We will hopefully be in queue at 8pm eastern tonight per the schedule and hope to get a couple queue pops pending our attendance.

As a final thought friends lists are there for a reason. Lets use them. Im not afraid to admit that I probably have the absolute worst rating on this server but thats just due to random groups and wanting to do ranked wzs. I think Ive done over 100 with waaaayyyyy tooo many losses but thats fine by me. Dont really care anyway. I know what my capabilities are and prove that in reg all the time. Season 1 will start at some point and the pre season is to figure everything out. So as far as on the republic I am always up for a ranked team weather its with just sky wardens or a random group. This is of course is until our Ranked team is completely ready to roll.

• 5 weeks later...

Jen'jidai has recently started to do ranked again, we play on mondays and wednesdays at 7pm - 10pm est. Looking to get some training and working our way back up there. Only problem is we don't really have a decent composition so its something we are working on.

Had some good games last night, some pretty close against Sithhikers and warcloud.

Looking forward to more

Edited by Zeeke

We (Black Sun) have been Qing up a lot this past week with a mixture of other guildies and close friends. It's been a really good time. We take what we can and Q up. We've actually been doing great, and hope to see other guilds soon. We Q up whenever everyone is online, we don't have a fixed schedule so it's random.

Please Regs on Pot5 are a lot harder then the best teams in jung ma rateds.

There is actually competition.Jung ma is just lacking mostly in due to population.

I would bet 1mil credits the worst rated team on pot5 is better then the best rated on jung ma.

Please Regs on Pot5 are a lot harder then the best teams in jung ma rateds.

There is actually competition.Jung ma is just lacking mostly in due to population.

I would bet 1mil credits the worst rated team on pot5 is better then the best rated on jung ma.

I'm sorry but that is untrue. I have 50ies on Pot5 and there are as crappy teams as in here, there are rage quiters too. While population and competition is better, don't say that the most crappy team on Pot5 could beat best team here. That's just blatant lie. We get it, you like Pot5 and stuff. But now in Jung Ma PvP is getting steady in over time ranked games will revive.

And if you are saying that regs are harder for you than here rankeds. Then that tells me tons about your skill level.

In respect to us, please stop posting utter crap.

Edited by AnimaSoul

I'll try having a team up for tonight for anyone who is interested in Qing later. :) Roughly around 9PM EST or so, unless unexpected plans pop up.

we should be running normal warzones tonight, if we have enough people and a somewhat decent composition then I'll try get us to queue for ranked.

Send a messege to Kazra later tonight and we could see how things are, we should start around 7pm est

Jeez us, you guys should see what the rated teams look like over on The Harbinger. I was curious to see though, when PTS character copy comes up, will y'all be copying over and queuing for ranked on the PTS just like a lot of the best RWZ teams from other servers are?

• 4 weeks later...

With the evnt having kept us busy, and it now leaving, I just wanted to say that Black Sun will now be doing Ranked on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday as opposed to the weekends... with that said, I hope all of you can bring a team out on the field! No matter the comp, my guild will try hosting 2 teams, a 3rd even if we have enough players willing to come. In addition to other Imperial guilds and Republic guilds, Wednesdays should be a Ranked hotspot.

The server is not dead, but so far the only teams I have seen personally in Ranked are the following. Warcloud (2 games), Crimson Elite (2 games), Dark Legion's Empire (3+ games), Coordinating Confusion (5+ games), Credit Shot (Many games) and Immortals (Many games).

I'd love to see many guilds run ranked more often, even if certain guilds feel they wont be good enough, the more people we get running ranked, the better chance we have of reviving our server. And you get ranked comms, come on! So let's make it a collective effort to log on every wednesday and bash it out together. Again, I repeat myself:

We run Ranked on Wed, Thur, and Fri @ 7:30PM EST

P.S: Doesn't have to only be Wednesday, could be other days but seems everyone has agreed that Wednesday is a good night for everyone.

Sithhiker's queueing on Wednesday we usually run into:

CoCo - many games

Immortal - many games

Jen'jidai - 2 games

Credit Shot - a few games

Black Sun - a few games before the event

White Sun - a few games before the event

Warcloud - once or twice

Crimson Elite - a few times

However, due to raiding schedules, you probably won't see Sithhikers much on Wednesdays anymore (only if our raid plans fall through). Our main ranked night will now be Friday, this last week we queued but only did 5 games - 3 Immortal, 2 OCP/LOCKDOWN.

Edited by lojackjl

Cookies & Wookies (with a few crimson elite pugs) wen't 6 W, 2 L last night.

I'd like to thank JJ, Warcloud, and some other guild for the good games.

I'd like to thank TRG for that close game albiet a loss, and uncanny for being an annoying sob.

I'd like to thank Immortal for knowing how to play ancient hypergates way better than us.

Edited by Dancally