Ranked Wzs

ryan_reynolds

So here is the thing, my guild and I are interested in running ranked wzs, but when is the night when most guilds on the server que. Also if we cant get enough in my guild to run i also have a group of friends who are interested in running and I wouldnt mind running with other people if the oppurtunity arises. Now I dont consider myself a great pvper on my main, I run a gunnery commando, please dont hate its my favorite toon. But i enjoy pvp and would like to see the ranked scene, also have an imp sniper, that i have to finsih gearing but would like to do ranked with when its done.

Well you are in luck because fine folks like combatmedicjr have created the kickball ranked wz initiative. That mean we form a roster of players and team captain pick players from that roster. We run pug ranked teams very often, you just have to pay attention to the custom channels we created every night.

Republic : /cjoin pubpvp

Empire : /cjoin imppvp

Be aware that you need at least full WH with some augments to be able to play. We usually use mumble for team communication. On pub side the persons to talk to are combatmedicjr/rippernine and Yuri(the i has weird symbols) and on imp side it's me(see signature for names) or Devil that usually make pug teams.

If you want to run a full guild team, that's fine, but you might want to get experience with the veterans in pug teams first because even pug team made of veteran players of different guilds are quite strong. If you face a full guild of a good PvP guild, you will probably lose so badly that you won't learn much so I highly recommend kickball then when you got 10-15 games under your belt you can go ahead and try full guild.

Edited by Dhrasur

Well you are in luck because fine folks like combatmedicjr have created the kickball ranked wz initiative. That mean we form a roster of players and team captain pick players from that roster. We run pug ranked teams very often, you just have to pay attention to the custom channels we created every night.

Republic : /cjoin pubpvp

Empire : /cjoin imppvp

Be aware that you need at least full WH with some augments to be able to play. We usually use mumble for team communication. On pub side the persons to talk to are combatmedicjr/rippernine and Yuri(the i has weird symbols) and on imp side it's me(see signature for names) or Devil that usually make pug teams.

If you want to run a full guild team, that's fine, but you might want to get experience with the veterans in pug teams first because even pug team made of veteran players of different guilds are quite strong. If you face a full guild of a good PvP guild, you will probably lose so badly that you won't learn much so I highly recommend kickball then when you got 10-15 games under your belt you can go ahead and try full guild.

Yesterday Tyxon tried to start a PuG Ranked, he needed one more guy and had no tank, through the submission to extensive peer pressure, i reluctantly got off my Marauder and on to my Jug.

We are qued for 10 min, no pop (pub pugs were already in a q), guy dcs, we find no one, group falls apart... What a waste of my precious marauder playing time!

Rated warzones as they were intended are a disgrace, bioware/ea really needs to step up and make some serious changes fast. Hopefully 1.7 fixes things, I think they said it will have new types of pvp, and draws more people into rated or at least some manner of competitive pvp. As is there's simply not enough people queuing on a regular basis to allow for any solid organization and scheduling. This makes it hard for guilds to keep an active pvp roster as many become frustrated at the lack of play time and start to put more focus on other areas of the game or other games entirely.

I'm fairly certain Uncensored is still queuing every night so if you guys do queue at least you'll get pops.

Rated warzones as they were intended are a disgrace, bioware/ea really needs to step up and make some serious changes fast. Hopefully 1.7 fixes things, I think they said it will have new types of pvp, and draws more people into rated or at least some manner of competitive pvp. As is there's simply not enough people queuing on a regular basis to allow for any solid organization and scheduling. This makes it hard for guilds to keep an active pvp roster as many become frustrated at the lack of play time and start to put more focus on other areas of the game or other games entirely.

I'm fairly certain Uncensored is still queuing every night so if you guys do queue at least you'll get pops.

ya we queue every night 8 p.m. est.

I am unsure of how it works as I have never tried to play on the PTS, I read a post of bioware and it seems like we can only play when new content is being tested? If that's the case, then playing on the PTS wouldn't work for now... I think.

I'm pretty sure next week is 6 weeks since our last content update, maybe longer, but anyway bioware/ea said back in December that 1.7 would released 6 weeks after 1.6. Hopefully next week we see some long awaited changes and new pvp, they mentioned something about Ilum as well as new forms of pvp. Edited by nidalad