Alderaan Bonus Series

Owsley

I'm a level 41 SI and currently questing on Hoth. Yesterday I went back to Alderaan to gather some resources and obtain some datacrons when I encountered some additional quest givers out in the middle of nowhere. I have not however found the starting quest for the bonus series. A while back I read that you get it on fleet. So far I have not found it or it has not opened. Is there a starting quest giver on fleet and if so what triggers it?

I don't know about the Alderaan one specifically, but they usually start from an NPC in or near the spaceport. I think there may also be questgivers in fleet, to make sure you're aware of them if you didn't see the NPC originally.

But guy in fleet may just give you a 'breadcrumb' quest to lead you to the planet. If you pick up the actual quests on-planet, then the breadcrumb may no longer be available.

I don't know about the Alderaan one specifically, but they usually start from an NPC in or near the spaceport. I think there may also be questgivers in fleet, to make sure you're aware of them if you didn't see the NPC originally.

But guy in fleet may just give you a 'breadcrumb' quest to lead you to the planet. If you pick up the actual quests on-planet, then the breadcrumb may no longer be available.

I've found the ones for the earlier planets but not Alderaan. I didn't take the quests because I AM looking for the bread crumb. Typically you get extra xp for completeing the bonus series, and that quest is given by the starter.

Anyone have any specific info about the Alderaan bonus?

I've found the ones for the earlier planets but not Alderaan. I didn't take the quests because I AM looking for the bread crumb. Typically you get extra xp for completeing the bonus series, and that quest is given by the starter.

Anyone have any specific info about the Alderaan bonus?

There is a Rattataki servant named Mistress Amaran on Vaiken who requests you go to Aldeeran to speak with Lord Serjay Thul. She can be found in the section with the trainers, standing by the PvP mission terminal.

Imp starts on the fleet. The NPC I think is located near the PvP quest box IIRC.

Yup, this is the correct answer.

On the fleet near the pvp vendors. Two quest givers there for the appropriate levels, one for Belsavis and the other for Alderaan.

Alderaan bonus series is level 40ish iirc though.

I'm a level 41 SI and currently questing on Hoth. Yesterday I went back to Alderaan to gather some resources and obtain some datacrons when I encountered some additional quest givers out in the middle of nowhere. I have not however found the starting quest for the bonus series. A while back I read that you get it on fleet. So far I have not found it or it has not opened. Is there a starting quest giver on fleet and if so what triggers it?

The start quest for the bonus series is on the fleet. Look over by the pvp mission board.

Oh, and by the way, this is the wrong thread for this question. Just sayin.....

Edited by zejaie

• 2 months later...
There is a Rattataki servant named Mistress Amaran on Vaiken who requests you go to Aldeeran to speak with Lord Serjay Thul. She can be found in the section with the trainers, standing by the PvP mission terminal.

Thank you very much. Usually people are so unspecific that you still can't figure out what NPC offers the quest. Simply "on the fleet" doesn't really help much.

I'd also like to add that this quest becomes available after you complete chapter 2, so it's not specifically level-based. I checked earlier while I was level 41 and she wasn't offering the quest; but I just finished chapter 2 (I'm still level 41) and she now offers the quest.

• 1 month later...
Thank you very much. Usually people are so unspecific that you still can't figure out what NPC offers the quest. Simply "on the fleet" doesn't really help much.

I'd also like to add that this quest becomes available after you complete chapter 2, so it's not specifically level-based. I checked earlier while I was level 41 and she wasn't offering the quest; but I just finished chapter 2 (I'm still level 41) and she now offers the quest.

This helped more than any of the earlier posts... Thanks! I haven't finished chapter 2 yet, so no wonder I can't find it! :) Almost lvl 43!

Even when I had finished alderaan main questlines and made it to ~lvl 43 the mistress on the imp fleet still wasn't giving me the breadcrumbs quest. BUT, just like the pub bonus series (where I had the same problem) this can be bypassed..

Without talking to the lady on the imp fleet, I went into the Thul palace, found the person's room myself, and spoke with him..and got the bonus series that way.

When you walk into the Thul palace it should be the first room to your right (sanjay thul's estate room or throne room or something like that). Person on the fleet had no quest triangle above her head but this guy did.

Also when I did make it into the bonus series with my Jedi the whole thing bugged out on me and wouldn't let me finish it, and I didn't feel like abandoning the entire thing and starting over so I just dropped it and moved on lol. Imp side I've done twice without any issue when I finally get into it. Actually easier getting into groups for the bonus series heroics now that I'm in a server with more than 3 people on during peak hours heh.

On the imperial side, once you finish Chapter 2, you are sent back to your trainer's area to complete the quest. The area across from that (which is PvP) is where the quest giver is. Some people miss it because they don't notice the traiangle on the map, blow by the side quests, or think it's a flashpoint quest giver. One of the reasons they end the chapter 2 quest in this area is so you pick up the bonus series. Edited by Owsley

On the imperial side, once you finish Chapter 2, you are sent back to your trainer's area to complete the quest. The area across from that (which is PvP) is where the quest giver is. Some people miss it because they don't notice the traiangle on the map, blow by the side quests, or think it's a flashpoint quest giver. One of the reasons they end the chapter 2 quest in this area is so you pick up the bonus series.

I agree with this. I missed a lot of the bonus quests this way. I don't do PVP, so I didn't bother looking at the quest giver located by all the other PVP quest givers. The quest to get these bonus quests is pretty dumb too. On all my toons so far, I've gotten a quest that says "use this Fleet Pass to claim your chapter 1 (or 2) reward!" I then use the pass, find the reward giver, and I get a measly few thousand XP, and no reward at all. I then have to leave the fleet to go get the actual class quest. It was only when I was pondering the dumbness of sending me to the Fleet with a special pass to get a few extra XP that I started looking around and found the bonus quest. The text should have read "use this Fleet pass to start your Alderaan bonus series".

My other problem with this is that it's misleading and a letdown. They say you're getting a reward, and you think "wow, I finished the chapter, and the reward is so cool they're sending me to the Fleet to pick it up!" And instead, you get nothing. NOTHING.

I agree with this. I missed a lot of the bonus quests this way. I don't do PVP, so I didn't bother looking at the quest giver located by all the other PVP quest givers. The quest to get these bonus quests is pretty dumb too. On all my toons so far, I've gotten a quest that says "use this Fleet Pass to claim your chapter 1 (or 2) reward!" I then use the pass, find the reward giver, and I get a measly few thousand XP, and no reward at all. I then have to leave the fleet to go get the actual class quest. It was only when I was pondering the dumbness of sending me to the Fleet with a special pass to get a few extra XP that I started looking around and found the bonus quest. The text should have read "use this Fleet pass to start your Alderaan bonus series".

My other problem with this is that it's misleading and a letdown. They say you're getting a reward, and you think "wow, I finished the chapter, and the reward is so cool they're sending me to the Fleet to pick it up!" And instead, you get nothing. NOTHING.

Well, I got an item that magically teleported me to the imperial citadel on DK to start the next act as a reward I think - better than nothing :D

Also on every character I've made except my current one I've completely missed the Nar Shadaa bonus series until I was too high level and doing it would be pointless with no xp gained. Only reason I ever found out about the alderaan series on my old characters was because I was doing a lot of pvp 40-50 to get the warzone comms for battlemaster gear and noticed the quest giver standing there....next to a bunch of other quest triangles I would normally ignore assuming it was the pvp dailies board or for a fp I already knew about.

I think it should all be like hoth - there's a bonus series there separated by like 6 or 7 levels from the main hoth missions

But I was given the starting quest for the Bonus before I had even finished the class quests on the planet iirc. I just had the series sitting in my quest log till I was ready to start it at lvl 47. No breadcrumbs, no chance of missing it, etc.

• 6 months later...