Developer Update: Introduction to Galactic Strongholds

TaitWatson

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was still a subscriber back in May, so I've got a free stronghold to claim. Am I right in assuming we can own multiple strongholds? So I could claim my free one but also purchase one on Tatooine as well?

Yes but I wouldn't buy them all on character if I were you. Read this. Helpful information.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=757590&highlight=stronghold

Two bugs:

NS Stronghold left staircase has a missing ceiling hook. Sometimes you can add deco too it but nothing shows up.

Arrangements: Speeder Station, doesn't exist in game, yet you can buy it. If you try to preview it you see something else, you can't use it once you buy it.

So far I am very impressed with the majority of this update, been well thought out, great try at tieing different parts of the game together etc.

The main thing I wasn’t impressed with was in regards to the player housing,

I tested it all out on pts also prior to release, I used every decoration possible u could buy with credits, warzone coms plus my own trophies, pets etc and reached around 60% on one house. Now because I capped a lot of them decorations means they cant be used in another house of mine the problem I have is there’s loads that drop in fp’s and operation’s but I only pvp and we can’t get any from space or ground pvp so I’m never going to be able to reach 100% on all houses no matter how long I play.

Before anyone says well u must do pve content, what if it was reverse u had to do pvp to complete something and u hated pvp.

Two solutions I see if possible, is at end of any warzone, gsf match one decoration is offered that all the group can roll usual need, greed etc and only 1 person gets it, the other is when you complete the daily u gain a lock box as reward that contains random things from decorations to credit boxes etc

Not asking for more credits each game, or balance issues, just a chance to gain player housing items through ground and space pvp from titles to furniture, npc’s etc.

Two bugs:

Arrangements: Speeder Station, doesn't exist in game, yet you can buy it. If you try to preview it you see something else, you can't use it once you buy it.

This and the disappearing keys were fixed in today's patch.

I have found the whole stronghold thing a real big disappointment, your companions stand around like statues the furniture looks cheap and the expansions to other rooms or strongholds is prohibited by the huge cost. not impressed at all:(

I like Galactic Stronghold. It's a pleasant surprise for me. Thanks.

I just welcomed the possibility buy smaller appartment (2 or 3 rooms). And crafting system is unnecessarily complicated. Why?

Hook systems, of course , also not ideal.

Edited by Mankindvm

I have found the whole stronghold thing a real big disappointment, your companions stand around like statues the furniture looks cheap and the expansions to other rooms or strongholds is prohibited by the huge cost. not impressed at all:(

also there's no interactivity with any object ... been sub since the beginning and this is really the first time i'm really mad at the devs. i'm very disappointed.

QQ, Bioware can only do so much for RPers who don't want to run Dailies, Flashpoints, Operations or PvP, yet think they are entitled to everything.

The few interactable objects you can place in Strongholds already lag the instances to hell and beyond. You want all of the features with none of the drawbacks. Guess what, the devs do too. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all have what we wanted?

Don't u think it's laughable you can't sit on a chair and Stuff? But well, the way i see it some people like it and others just wont use the stronghold as it is pretty much useless (ok the legacy-storage is nice). As i didn't follow it any deeper ... are there bathroom or kitchen furniture?

only thing i have in mine is the legacy storage,and i have filled randomly all the hooks i can so i get a 12% stronghold bonus. as I find more or such I will add them , not really going for any visual affect.just to bonus, and if i were not in a guild ,I would not even do that much.