Continual disconnects and log outs

Kamylle

I am not sure what is going on, but it's not my net. My girlfriend and I keep continually getting kicked (to the server list mind you) and/or logged. We cannot stay in game longer than five minutes without one or both of us getting logged. Is anyone else having this problem at the moment?

EA is no help as they say to submit a report in game, but we can't get in game long enough to submit one. We managed to stay in long enough the other day to submit one, but then immediately got removed to server screen again. This has been going on now for about a week.

Edited by Kamylle

This wouldnt be something in-game ticket would fix. Normally the recommended place to post about connection issues would be in the tech support forum here. I've been playing throughout the week and haven't experienced any specific issue like this.

As far as the issue at hand there are a lot of possiblities but would need some basic info to help narrow it down.

1. Are you both on the same internet connection together or in different locations?
  2. Wireless or wired connection. If wireless have you tried a wired connection?
  3. Rebooted Modem and Router?
  4. Where are you located? (U.S., E.U, Australia, etc.)
  5. What type of antivirus and firewall are you both using?
  6. System Specs?
  7. A copy of your DxDiag log as per here.
  8. Download a free copy of ping plotter and run it while playing. When the connection drops back to the server select take a screenshot of the connection graph.

The above info can help determine the cause of the issue. You can also post the info and data in the tech support forum linked above.

I am not sure what is going on, but it's not my net. My girlfriend and I keep continually getting kicked (to the server list mind you) and/or logged. We cannot stay in game longer than five minutes without one or both of us getting logged. Is anyone else having this problem at the moment?

EA is no help as they say to submit a report in game, but we can't get in game long enough to submit one. We managed to stay in long enough the other day to submit one, but then immediately got removed to server screen again. This has been going on now for about a week.

Same thing and we’re in Australia

It's happening to me as well, but the disconnects weren't just the game, but the Internet in general, so I decided to do some research on what are the current disruptions to internet traffic, and over the past week, it hasn't really made the news, but this has been going on...

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/11/a-100000-router-botnet-is-feeding-on-a-5-year-old-upnp-bug-in-broadcom-chips/

http://www.securitynewspaper.com/2018/11/10/botnet-infects-over-400krouters-for-spam-campaign/

Not sure how much it'll help, or how pervasive the botnet is in your area, or even if your configuration remotely resembles mine, but if you can, turn universal plug and play off on your routers. I even went to the extent of blocking the IP address and TCP port listed in the articles on my router (I have my own store-bought router that I've situated between my computer and our cable modem and use it for filtering since Frontier likes changing the cable modem settings whenever it feels like it).

And keep your router firmware up to date.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Interesting. Luckily no Netgear devices were listed, so I’m in the clear.

My issue is the disconnects and massive and continuous lags spikes. I’ve been working with my ISP for 5 weeks. The 2 founders of the ISP have a blog to help gamers and they have been working through it with me. (Chnaging IPs, routing, backhauls, etc).

This all started 5 weeks ago now and at first we thought it was the backhaul across the pacific because it started having issues at the same time.

That’s been fixed now and the problem persists. So they’ve put me through a different backhaul route across the pacific that also has a different backhaul the servers. It is actually 30ms faster across the pacific, but the speed is the same in the game and it has made no difference to the lag spike situation.

Prior to 5 weeks ago, I had a steady 214ms ping. I would occasional get a small spike for half a second and it would go away. Now they are continuous and often spike over 350ms and sit there for a bit.

I’ve tested 3 routers and actually 3 ISPs to make sure it wasn’t the ISPs hardware. I’ve tested 2 PCs and I tested a 3rd last night that I just build.

There are no connection problems from me to the servers. It’s not my equipment. It’s not the backhaul. It’s not the ISP.

The only thing left is the game on Biowares end.

What I don’t understand is no one else is reporting the same issues as I’ve had for 5 weeks. I honestly don’t know what else to do.

Edited by Totemdancer