Alternate companions for collections

LordRapheus

Originally posted as a reply to someone else's thread:

How about alternate companions available from the cartel market? Leave the originals as is,

Instead of HK 55 available only in the unlock chapter,

or HK 51 available in the some assembly required quest line,

How about HK 47, available on CM and then shows up unlockable in collections?

or

Instead of Darth Hexid, Great for sith characters but slightly out of place as a companion to a Jedi,

How about swithching the Zavrack from red to brown, Sith to Jedi, and calling her Master Heggins?

And make Master Heggins available the same way Hexid is, Giving a choice (choose 1 reward) the first time through, and make the achievement repeatable to get the other.

or

we got smuggler and bounty hunter available to all characters, how about a trooper and agent? They each could be geared either way by faction as we go. I named the last what if character, y'all can name these.

Originally posted as a reply to someone else's post

then re posted as it's own suggestion for the devs to ignore

Now re posted here for my forum thinkers to tear apart and put back together. I can count on you all, right?

How about alternate companions available from the cartel market? Leave the originals as is,

Instead of HK 55 available only in the unlock chapter,

or HK 51 available in the some assembly required quest line,

How about HK 47, available on CM and then shows up unlockable in collections?

or

Instead of Darth Hexid, Great for sith characters but slightly out of place as a companion to a Jedi,

How about swithching the Zavrack from red to brown, Sith to Jedi, and calling her Master Heggins?

And make Master Heggins available the same way Hexid is, Giving a choice (choose 1 reward) the first time through, and make the achievement repeatable to get the other.

or

we got smuggler and bounty hunter available to all characters, how about a trooper and agent? They each could be geared either way by faction as we go. I named the last what if character, y'all can name these.

I am not entirely certain what you mean, but yea, I am up for adding the companions on CM to be unlockable in collection for sure and would also be up for them to differ based on aligment.

Most importantly make them all recruitable, I hate when content like this is timed and never comes around again, it is also iresponsible handling of resources :(

Edited by Sorens

I am not entirely certain what you mean, but yea, I am up for adding the companions on CM to be unlockable in collection for sure and would also be up for them to differ based on aligment.

Most importantly make them all recruitable, I hate when content like this is timed and never comes around again, it is also iresponsible handling of resources :(

Companions that are available *via*the*CM* in some way or other (all droids or animals of some sort) ***are*** unlockable in Collections. (OK, not directly the companion, but the requisition token.)

Darth Hexid is granted, in-game, right-now, from a slightly tedious achievement - run 30 or 40 flashpoints through fully-random Group Finder.

Master Ranos was a reward for completing the Eternal Champion tier of 2016's Dark vs Light event. See http://www.swtor.com/dark-vs-light for more details. Asserting that she should be given away in the CM (compared to what you had to do in-game to get her, almost any CC price can be considered to be almost nothing) is not going to win you *any* friends at all.

Shae Vizla and Nico Okarr crop up from time to time on the CM.

I'm curious where you get this word "irresponsible" from when describing this sort of feature.

...Master Ranos. :)

Really, it doesn't matter how many companions there are, there's always someone who wants someone/something else.

Master Ranos is currently unobtainable.If they made it obtainable, that would cheapen it as the others were. That's why I'm suggesting alternates. Leave the originals as is.